Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Feeling down about JFAD? Watch this

robboadam

Featured Posts

Ivy

He said "I think it's better than the first film, and I think it's a genuinely surprising and daring thing to have done " :firega: 

Also "the more I think about this the more I think I'm right" yas :queenga:

FreedomInTheMusic

I generally think this movie is misunderstood and will be looked upon more favorably over time. It’s not perfect, but I don’t believe most audiences fully understood what the intent was. My favorite breakdown of it is here in case anyone is curious! 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP88yA2ah/

StrawberryBlond

While I'm happy to see not everyone is s****ing on it or blaming Gaga for its underperformance, the idea that it was better than the first and stays with you longer certainly is a unique point of view, whatever way you look at it. The first one lingered months after for me, still does all these years later. The only good thing I can really enjoy about this one is Gaga's acting. And I think the public has mostly the same idea. The concept of anyone who didn't enjoy it being "knuckle dragging popcorn munchers" is also rather inaccurate and quite insulting to the audience. When vast swathes of an audience don't appreciate it and are taking issues with the plot and script, you can't say that they're just unintelligent and you should show a baseline level of respect. If you enjoyed it, great. But don't try to force your view on others or tell them that they just don't get it. Force never works. For someone to change their view of art, it has to come from within.

• Like 3

Gaga Scholar

Thanks for sharing this. It's basically the viewpoint my partner has. 

I happen to agree with them that it's better than the first film, but that might be my Gaga bias coming through. 

It's not the greatest film, but it's certainly something to chew on, and that has value. It's far from being as bad as its reputation would have you think. 

Mostly, I think it just became "cool" to hate on it before it even got to theaters, with all of the box office predictions and reviews and whatnot.

It takes courage to use a dissenting voice, even when it comes to something as seemingly inconsequential as pop culture. :sweat:

Edited by Gaga Scholar
"The truth is..." --L. Gaga, 1986-present