Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

GoldDerby still predicts a Gaga nomination for Best Supporting Actress at Oscars

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Red
1 minute ago, moonsago said:

Didn’t it come out that apparently voters were so sure she would be nominated that they decided to vote for someone else to have a chance? Lol 

That sounds like fanfiction

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jackweller

That post says she's predicted to be nominated at the Golden Globes not the Oscars

• Like 2

androiduser

The article discusses her Golden Globe chances, not the Oscars. And the Golden Globes have two categories, so double the amount of nominees, and they love celebs.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the Globes are the least serious of the major awards.

Edited by androiduser

PunkTheFunk

Yeah...no. It's not happening. I just finished the movie. Nothing wrong with her acting, but the role isn't meaty enough for awards season.

gagzus

I think she definitely deserves at least a nomination. Joaquin definitely deserves best actor though. I feel like Glenn Close could get a nom for her Netflix movie as well.

• Like 1

LastNight

She’s brilliant in it, she would be a worthy nominee but I don’t think there’s quite enough there to clinch it. I loved the movie, she’s a standout, but the discourse will be against her and the role isn’t quite substantial or compelling enough. That’s not a fault of hers though, at all. No notes from me on her acting performance - she killed it. 

Edited by LastNight

Just A Holy Fool

The article is about the Golden Globe,

hun.

Nominations are highly unlikely at this point, but it’s possibles Hillbilly Elegy was ripped apart even more than Joker and Glenn Close was nominated.

• Thanks 1

QueenChromatix

I just came back from the cinema and… I’m disappointed. Movie was kinda boring. 

je suis petit monstre 🥀

tyler k

if anything I hope she gets a nomination to steal the spotlight a little bc she really is the only good part of the film 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

This is GG prediction not Oscars 

Imo she definitely deserves it as well Joaquin Phoenix, so I'm hoping the hate train will not affect the chances buttt..

G U C C I

I sincerely hope she focuses on whatever her plan is for LG7 and maybe a performance of DWAS at the Grammys and doesn’t do a single campaign event for Joker/Warner Bros. Like just bury it and move on. She was captivating and did so well with the very minuscule amount of script she was given but it is just not a performance I could see anyone actively voting for her over.