i had high hopes for the movie and Gaga’s awards noms

you still haven’t seen it

and idk why do you care so much about her chances at the Oscars, like chill 

• Like 1

InTheCloset
20 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

you still haven’t seen it

and idk why do you care so much about her chances at the Oscars, like chill 

In just one day a two year hype has melted away. Joker fad is 1% away from being rotten. Harlequin isnt cracking the top 10. 
Im just so down

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Like 1

tyler k
40 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

In just one day a two year hype has melted away. Joker fad is 1% away from being rotten. Harlequin isnt cracking the top 10. 
Im just so down

yikes why are you letting that affect you

Edited by tyler k
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 5

Real Panda
Spoiler

I dont know how I feel about it. Its barely a musical and the movie itself was at times, boring. And before y'all come for me, its just my opinion. I wish it was more of a musical, like they didnt go all the way in with it but I understand maybe they didnt want to alienate its audience for Joker 1. 

Gaga did what she could with what she was given, not even a grand solo song about her perspective as Lee, unless If My Friends Could See Me Now breakout scene counts as that. Close To You was solo too, I guess. Overall I just dont think I would revisit the movie anytime soon.

That ending though, keeping the tradition of Gaga movies alive. :trollga:

Real Panda
1 hour ago, ThePerfectCure said:

I wanted to see this:

Wouldve been a better ending

PrinceGaga

Just re watched Joker 1 in anticipation for Joker FAD on Friday. I’m actually really excited regardless of what the critics are saying.  

• Love 3

Godmatica

God...this thread is depressing. I'm super excited for the movie, but reading some reviews here have me worried. Some say the movie is 100% a musical, others say it's not at all... it's all so confusing and there are such divided opinions that I'm really worried. The one thing everyone agrees on is that Gaga and Joaquin do an excellent job.

I see it in two days, I just hope I can enjoy it.... :traumatica:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

FFXIV WhiteMage
8 minutes ago, Godmatica said:

God...this thread is depressing. I'm super excited for the movie, but reading some reviews here have me worried. Some say the movie is 100% a musical, others say it's not at all... it's all so confusing and there are such divided opinions that I'm really worried. The one thing everyone agrees on is that Gaga and Joaquin do an excellent job.

I see it in two days, I just hope I can enjoy it.... :traumatica:

The thing is, most of the critically acclaimed films were not even entertaining for me. Art and enjoyment are subjective after all. I think that anyone who likes Gaga will probably, to a certain extent, will like it.

I will enjoy it  :queenga:

gagzus

I’m still personally excited to see the movie this weekend, I don’t read any of the reviews just in case.

But I think people need to remember; Opinions are like arseholes, everybody had one.

And reviews even from critics are just that; opinions, so go watch it and make your own opinions 

• Like 1

CyanDante

Came back from my first viewing. Have tickets booked for two more viewings.

The movie was alright tbh, but the editing is not good at all. As a Gaga fan it was disappointing to say the least.

Her character is not fleshed out at all, barely any talking lines. Her talking lines are already in the 2-3 trailers that released. It feels like they carefully edited her out of the movie. :interestinga:

oh Todd why would you do this? :nails: The whole time I was like, where tf is she!!!

It didnt even feel like a supporting role at this point. Brendan Gleeson or Catherine Keene were more present in the movie.

All the scenes that I expected to see werent there. Even scenes from the trailer. 

The movie itself is not that bad tbh as they are making it out to be. But yeah Gaga’s barely in it. :messga:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

gagzus
3 minutes ago, CyanDante said:

Nope. Even the shot from the elevator where she slowly smiles in this attire ( that was in the trailer) isn’t there.

Well that’s disappointing but I kinda figured the elevator one wasn’t gonna be used since there was a trailer of her getting in the elevator in the attire she had on outside the court where she kissed the religious woman, intercut with it.

CyanDante
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Well that’s disappointing but I kinda figured the elevator one wasn’t gonna be used since there was a trailer of her getting in the elevator in the attire she had on outside the court where she kissed the religious woman, intercut with it.

Oh yeah, that scene also isn't there. Now all we see her is smoking in that outfit outside the courthouse. I saw that and I was like damn they cut the scene of her walking up the stairs, kissing the woman. :samanthac:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

amourssauvages

I just come back from the movie. I'm french, so i'll try to articulate my opinion in english the best i can :')

The movie is OK. Gaga's performance is mesmerising. Truly.

But oh boy, does the story feel shallow.

It's sad because i find the topic of "folie à deux" fascinating, not only because i work in mental health, but because the first movie was already about a share madness between arthur and his mother. They had ever ingredient to make an amazing movie and i expected a lot cause the depiction of mental illness in the first one was brillant.

But Folie à deux falls short, the story is really poorly put together. We are witnessing two people falling in love but without anything to understand why and how.
Another thing that made the first movie great was the context in which the characters did evolve. It feels like for Folie à deux, they should have chose between what we called a "huis clos" in french (in camera?) or in an open world. They didn't chose and it's really sad.

I tried my best :pawsup:

xoxo gossip girl - i like to sing https://www.youtube.com/@amourssauvages
  • Like 2

julz

This is a fresh, raw, reactionary post. 

Just got out of IMAX and the thing is... if i can go to the bathroom during a movie watch, then that means it's not that good (I can really hold my pee if the movie is so good). I did, during the small guy's scene in the court. It's rarely that i go to a theater to watch a film, but if Gaga is in it, im in! Well, i missed Gucci...but it is okay.

Anyway.. Gaga's scenes are not that much, i am disappointed. The ending was not i was expecting, and it was not a good ending.

It is a musical, and i cannot differentiate Gaga's singing from Lee's singing... but maybe bec i follow Gaga too much. I dont think Gaga will win any acting Oscar for this film im so sorry. Nominated? Honestly, im unsure. Phoenix getting nominated? Yes. Winning? No. Cinematography? It may win. Musical score? It may get nominated but unsure on win. 

Why is 'Gaga going crazy at the stairs while Phoenix is captured' scene not freakin there?!?!?! I was waiting for that!!!! I thought Gaga is gonna tap dance as well?? Where is Harley crazy in the elavator??

*i need to calm down* :billie::kry:

Gaga's acting is adequate and just fine for the scenes. Yes she is captivating, raw, but her scenes are really not enough that i cant appreciate much. Why did she cut her hair in the end? It was not explained properly why she really like the Joker...or maybe i just missed it. Honestly, there are some conversations that are too hard to understand bec it was so softly spoken (i watched at IMAX), I dunno. There's not that much depth in her character. I really wanted more Lee!

Is the movie overall good? For me, it's good but not good enough to watch again in a theater. The court drama i enjoyed, but i think its  because i freshly watched Joker 1. If u didnt watch Joker 1, i dunno, u may not enjoy it much. Musical scenes, i enjoyed them, but i felt like i saw them all already from all the trailers and teasers.

2.5/5 stars for me.

Thank you Gaga for bringing us a new Harley! I hope you consider a film that will make me see you acting a really normal person, a slice of life film. Paws up forever!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1