celeb

Chappell Roan Mentioned Gaga, Comments On Erewhon Trends: It's Just Milkshake!

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

FACE-20_COVER_CHAPPEL_FINAL_2.jpg?auto=c

Yes, Chappell Roan has been talking to all the girls: Gaga, Charli, Sabrina, Lizzo, Katy. “I just got coffee with Lorde and Phoebe [Bridgers],” she says with a self-effacing grimace that indicates she knows how that sounds. “Tomorrow, I’m going over to see Lucy Dacus [of Bridgers’ side project boygenius].” 

Everything – and by “everything”, we mean the femininomenonal ascent of Chappell to the summit of Pop Mountain, Summer ’24 – started in early spring, when the Missouri-born singer-songwriter began shooting up the mainstream spine of awareness via an opening slot on the North American leg of Olivia Rodrigo’s Guts tour.

As spring gave way to Pride and festival season, a storm of viral performances from Coachella,The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, MTV and NPR’s Tiny Desk online gig series flooded social media with clips of Chappell performing her now inescapable queer anthems, including Good Luck, Babe!, and her music quickly began scaling the global charts.

To put things into context: last September, she dropped her debut album, The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess, to little fanfare beyond her cult following. This August, it climbed to Number One on the UK Albums Chart – almost a full year after its original release.

At first, back in the spring, she didn’t understand why huge stars such as Gaga and Charli were suddenly checking in to see if she was OK. “I was like, ‘Mmm, this isn’t that big. Everyone’s so dramatic!’” she says. Now, Chappell recognises the pop girls’ protectiveness as a lifeline. “They were immediately, immediately supportive,” she says, smacking her palms together for emphasis. “Immediately.” Her voice grows taut, almost aggressive, from a rush of emotion before melting back into the quiet admission of an overwhelmed 26-year-old: “It’s been so amazing, because I’m very scared and confused.”
But what has the ascent felt like for her? Perched now in a windowless glam room, Chappell takes a sip from her Erewhon matcha latte (yes, she’s tried the Hailey Bieber smoothie: “And you know what? All you bitches think this is healthy, but this is just a milkshake!”). To say that she’s overwhelmed is an understatement; the fame monster doesn’t exactly wait for you to catch your breath. “No one understands that it truly falls all on you,” she says. “No one understands except other artists… Sabrina [Carpenter] even texted me: ‘Hey, I feel crazy. I know you feel crazy.’ So it’s, like, girlies leaning on each other.”

https://theface.com/music/chappell-roan-pop-music-famous-interview-good-luck-babe

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Killa

God that cover Is everything. I finally got got into her music and performances, as its really not a sound i enjoy much. But boy i finally got into It and and obsessed. Don't love the music but can't wait to see her live honestly

• YAAAS 2