question

Why did Gaga and Beyoncé never perform Telephone together?

GerMonsterNotta

Featured Posts

GerMonsterNotta

Vintage topic but will forever baffle me… What are your thoughts on this? let’s settle this!

The song has existed for an incredible incredible 14 years (yes we old) Yet this continues to be an iconic duo … but they never performed together….. but

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

imagine the collapse here…

Edited by GerMonsterNotta
  • Like 2

Emily

They probably just were never in the right place at the same time for it to work 

• Like 6

GerMonsterNotta
1 minute ago, Emily said:

They probably just were never in the right place at the same time for it to work 

I hear you ❤️ But fourteen years and counting to starve us of a cultural collapse…  maybe in 14 more 🥹

• LMAO 1

OliviaRodrigoStan

Beyoncé is a high profile name, her schedulle is generally packed with her own projects, and she seems to be a control freak, and a perfectionist, just like Gaga. "Telephone" and "Videophone" were a product of its time, and I think Beyoncé wouldn't revisit a song that is so far removed from her current catalog. 

It's not about bad blood, it's about where their mindset is, creatively. Gaga shelved a Cher collab because she felt it was half assed, and she loves Cher. 

It was simply that the song didn't fit her current creative mood. I feel like that's the case with Beyoncé. 

I think both moved on creatively, and don't care about revisiting such an old duet TBH. I think that's all there is to it. 

Beyoncé played "Applause" on her tour during the Gaga/Katy "beef", I doubt she holds animosity against her. They're just both busy doing new, exciting things. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rahrahbitchson

I feel like maybe Jay-Z wanted to hit on Gaga and she refused, so he maybe told Beyoncé to never associate with her again

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • LMAO 4

androiduser

they both have busy schedules and if they didn't perform it at some award show, when most celebs are in the same town, they're probably always busy to rehearse together

NATAH

they're both super hard working ladies, trying to get their schedules to align is probably a nightmare

however imagine the collapse if it happened out of the blue years later

mother, what must i do?

Chlorine
Just now, Chlorine said:

It’s the height difference. It works on screen but not on stage. 

No one better dare attempt to debunk this by pointing out that Bey has performed with Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, Bruno Mars, Prince :max:

HoeMoe

I love beyonce but she started giving off that vibe like everything is beneath her after the self-titled album (maybe its just me idk)

Edited by HoeMoe
What’s fortnight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lucas

It's never too late but I feel like if it didn't happen back then, it won't happen ever :(

• Sad 1

Red

We are not worthy, we have sinned too much 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Anderson123
38 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

I feel like maybe Jay-Z wanted to hit on Gaga and she refused, so he maybe told Beyoncé to never associate with her again

Inb4 Gaga was like "Call me Becky" in the studio while recording Telephone and Videophone.

• LMAO 1

Rahrahbitchson
5 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Inb4 Gaga was like "Call me Becky" in the studio while recording Telephone and Videophone.

Now we know who Becky with the good hair was :billie:

gaga-wiggg.webp

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • LMAO 5