Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
music news

Capitol & Katy “not panicking” about ‘143’ era

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ajmsamuel
9 hours ago, Head Empty said:

The ARTPOP era went to **** in 2013, but in 2014, Gaga paid for the whole GUY video (for three songs) from her own money, directed it and still pushed it as a single. Then she did a huge worldwide tour for it. 

For Joanne and Chromatica she recorded music videos for songs that weren't even singles (John Wayne and 911). Not to make them chart, but because she was passionate about the project.

Or to quote Katy Perry's ex-husband:

B-Q9RKTCYAA9BaM.jpg

But sure, Gaga only cares about charts :gayhat:

Ok i change my statement: i respect her discográphy for doin it. Intercospe instead, at the least lil bit of flop they just cut gagas promo

And ppl who came with the guy video give me the reason. Its sad that she had to do that 

kindest regards

TortureMeOnReplay
11 hours ago, Real Panda said:

Yes Gaga never did that, one of the reasons people turned on her during ARTPOP was the overexposure. In 2020s, I truly believe you dont need to be doing interviews, live performances and music videos to go #1 so many rap songs and country songs nowadays do so without a music video or constant promotional cycle. Look at Beyonce she can just drop an album with no music videos or live performances and they go #1 (Renaissance and Cowboy Carter)

11 hours ago, NATAH said:

some people really aren't getting how quickly commercial music has changed thanks to social media and streaming and keep making the mistake of comparing Gaga to breakout acts and indie acts who actually NEED promo to pay back their label investments

beyonce hasn't released a music video in years, even her latest lead singles only have visualisers at most! plus taylor and billie didn't even have lead singles until their albums dropped!

labels have learnt how to cultivate a hit as cheaply as possible and get maximum returns through the tours and merch which unfortunately means us fanbases lose out on the extra entertainment...

But name an artist that has debuted within the past 10 years than can consistently clear 200k on no promo/new promo cycle? Getting a #1 album isn't very hard in and or itself, but a #1 album also isn't necessarily profitable. If anything a label might recoup on tour but not even necessarily then. 

Real Panda
8 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

But name an artist that has debuted within the past 10 years than can consistently clear 200k on no promo/new promo cycle? Getting a #1 album isn't very hard in and or itself, but a #1 album also isn't necessarily profitable. If anything a label might recoup on tour but not even necessarily then. 

So whats your point? Youre saying #1 albums are easy to get. Yeah so so easy Billie Eilish landed on #2 despite being the most followed on Spotify, Dua Lipa reached so many hits between 2020 and 2024 alone. If it was so easy howcome Radical Optimism only reached #3?

#1 albums arent profitable according to you, thats not true at all. Artists still earn but live shows is where the money is at. Again, the point I was making is that promo cycle live performances during a single/album era and music videos dont mean much these days as they did before. 

Gagaplayer315

She's really giving:

• LMAO 1

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, Real Panda said:

So whats your point? Youre saying #1 albums are easy to get. Yeah so so easy Billie Eilish landed on #2 despite being the most followed on Spotify, Dua Lipa reached so many hits between 2020 and 2024 alone. If it was so easy howcome Radical Optimism only reached #3?

#1 albums arent profitable according to you, thats not true at all. Artists still earn but live shows is where the money is at. Again, the point I was making is that promo cycle live performances during a single/album era and music videos dont mean much these days as they did before. 

No, I'm saying a #1 isn't indicative of success. Also Billie is the artist with most monthly listeners? It just means she was playlisted well and all those people streamed one of her songs from any album in her discography once in the past 30 days. That does not mean her album itself is popular or profitable. She has 100M listeners, and even if it meant every single one of them listened to something from her newest album (they didn't), at $0.004/stream her album made $400,000 on those streams. If Interscope gives her $6mil album advance as they did with Gaga originally, she still would have to come up with $5.6mil if she even got 100% of that 400k (she didn't, she probably saw 40k before splitting it with her team). Because her album advance is recoupable and not just a flat fee paid by the label to her. Yes she is making money on other income sources (80% on tour, before paying out her team) but a #1 isn't indicative of a profitable album. This is how Gaga has ended up indebted to Interscope at some points. 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

Real Panda
5 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

This is how Gaga has ended up indebted to Interscope at some points. 

Really? I did not know this. Could you please provide some proof or articles that Gaga was/is in debt with interscope. This is news to me.

HelloHangoverz
On 8/26/2024 at 4:16 AM, ALGAYDO said:

Still can’t fully grasp the fact that Kettle Petty literally had one of- if not THE biggest- downfalls in pop music’s her(ITSAWOMANSWORLDANDYOURELUCKYTOBELIVINGINITUHHUH)story and her team/label is apparently okay with it? lol :icant:

this is what makes me thin it's more about keeping Dr Luke protected and in a position of power. if katy perry goes down because she worked with dr luke, she takes him with her. i think it's more about him than her when it comes to the real behind the scenes politics

Edited by HelloHangoverz
my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 2

TortureMeOnReplay
45 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

Really? I did not know this. Could you please provide some proof or articles that Gaga was/is in debt with interscope. This is news to me.

I cannot, it was in the document leak in 2020

HelloHangoverz
Just now, TortureMeOnReplay said:

I cannot, it was in the document leak in 2020

i have them if you want me to send them

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away

Real Panda
18 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

i have them if you want me to send them

Yes please

Plastic Flower
9 hours ago, ajmsamuel said:

Ok i change my statement: i respect her discográphy for doin it. Intercospe instead, at the least lil bit of flop they just cut gagas promo

And ppl who came with the guy video give me the reason. Its sad that she had to do that 

That was just ARTPOP and honestly the risk wasn't worth it. She needed to leave the spotlight.

Joanne was loaded with promo from beginning to end and Chromatica was supposed to have a huge promotional schedule and brand collaborations. 

Drop it

ajmsamuel
29 minutes ago, Plastic Flower said:

That was just ARTPOP and honestly the risk wasn't worth it. She needed to leave the spotlight.

Joanne was loaded with promo from beginning to end and Chromatica was supposed to have a huge promotional schedule and brand collaborations. 

The superbowl yes. Chromatica did that?

kindest regards