'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

DWAS: why now?

Nycboy

Featured Posts

Nycboy

I think DWAS is beautiful and I like how it reminds me of ASIB/Joanne, but I can’t help but wonder: WHY did Gaga release this song right now? She has so much hype building for Joker and LG7, that I am bewildered why she chose to channel her “comeback” momentum towards a one-off single rather than on either of those 2 major projects. 

If DWAS does really well, it could be at the detriment to LG7. Let’s say it’s a hit and charts for weeks (which I’d love), then Gaga would need to space out LG7’s lead single and album rollout appropriately. If she doesn’t, DWAS could outshine the LG7 lead.

With DWAS/Joker/LG7 releasing all in a matter of months, I’m fearful of overexposure. I understand this is a good problem to have for us (we are being fed!) but can the GP digest all of this? 

Aesthetically, I’m surprised that Gaga wanted to reintroduce herself to the public as a Dolly Parton-esque love ballad performer right before LG7, which is supposed to be more DarkGa vibes. I’m worried that this current “look” paired with a soft love ballad will kind of turn away casual fans who were excited for the return of mother monster. I feel like that hype bubble kind of just burst with the reintroduction of Joanne 2.0.

Clearly, in pop music, having a cohesive era is really important as a marketing strategy, and I feel like she kicked off the LG7 pre era with a specific tone, teased the music and imagery, and then just seriously derailed it. As a fan, I feel really distracted by this song’s release and promo. 

Of course, it could all work out in her favor, and I’m happy to have this song, but I’m really confused by this moment in her career. 

EDIT - I hope this doesn’t come off as negative. I really do like the song, I just love being a little manager and strategizing and I’m genuinely curious about this decision 

Edited by Nycboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

ProfessionalClown
4 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

but can the GP digest all of this? 

as a swifite, yes, the GP can easily take all this lol

• Like 7

Didymus

Or...

Interscope isn't hopeful that LG7 will produce hit singles so she's getting a hit now and then gets to release whatever the **** she wants next, after she makes Interscope a ton of money with this + Joker :enigma:

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Chesescake

I mean, this song was originally Bruno's idea so there must be some factors from his side.

Edited by Chesescake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nycboy
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Or...

Interscope isn't hopeful that LG7 will produce hit singles so she's getting a hit now and then gets to release whatever the **** she wants next, after she makes Interscope a ton of money with this + Joker :enigma:

I was thinking that too. I think that could be ideal!

Leoj305

Because it’s a perfect song to promote Joker and it’s super GP friendly, and Shallow is one of her and the biggest hits ever, so why not release a shallow like song with one of the biggest male pop stars ever before she drops a whole movie and a new era months later? It’s a genius move. 

• Like 10

SpanishChaosAngel

i want to think it is just to get attention for a future release

• Like 1

Robo Ga

This is a standalone era.

DWAS will end. Joker will ramp up and play out until the end of the year. There will likely be a relatively quiet period while we go through awards season Jan / Feb and then I bet she will roll out LG7 in spring and tour in the summer. DWAS will feel like it was a long time ago at that point; however the song itself is being super well received and hopefully has longevity to not only keep Gaga on the charts but also warm up audiences for new solo music! Not to mention getting streaming audiences warmed up for new releases as well. Joker will also do major things for her exposure pre LG7. I think they are playing the long game and that she’s set up for one of her biggest eras ever.

🤖⚡️
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

Psyduck
16 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

I think DWAS is beautiful and I like how it reminds me of ASIB/Joanne, but I can’t help but wonder: WHY did Gaga release this song right now? She has so much hype building for Joker and LG7, that I am bewildered why she chose to channel her “comeback” momentum towards a one-off single rather than on either of those 2 major projects. 

If DWAS does really well, it could be at the detriment to LG7. Let’s say it’s a hit and charts for weeks (which I’d love), then Gaga would need to space out LG7’s lead single and album rollout appropriately. If she doesn’t, DWAS could outshine the LG7 lead.

With DWAS/Joker/LG7 releasing all in a matter of months, I’m fearful of overexposure. I understand this is a good problem to have for us (we are being fed!) but can the GP digest all of this? 

Aesthetically, I’m surprised that Gaga wanted to reintroduce herself to the public as a Dolly Parton-esque love ballad performer right before LG7, which is supposed to be more DarkGa vibes. I’m worried that this current “look” paired with a soft love ballad will kind of turn away casual fans who were excited for the return of mother monster. I feel like that hype bubble kind of just burst with the reintroduction of Joanne 2.0.

Clearly, in pop music, having a cohesive era is really important as a marketing strategy, and I feel like she kicked off the LG7 pre era with a specific tone, teased the music and imagery, and then just seriously derailed it. As a fan, I feel really distracted by this song’s release and promo. 

Of course, it could all work out in her favor, and I’m happy to have this song, but I’m really confused by this moment in her career. 

EDIT - I hope this doesn’t come off as negative. I really do like the song, I just love being a little manager and strategizing and I’m genuinely curious about this decision 

I think we should ask ourselves first if LG7 is intended for the GP? cause it's ideal to have DWAS now, then JFAD ST, then LG7 for the fans.

Also from the insider leaks the otherday, they say that LG7 lead single is ready and that MV has been done as well. They also said end of Aug/early Sept lead release then before Nov Album release? Maybe it's just a short rollout. I understand the sentiment, we waited for 4years for another album just for it to be so quick, tho, I do hope we would get another album next year (more commercial) lol.

Edited by Psyduck
keep on looking for Psyduck
  • Like 1

GaGaAst

LG7 wouldn't be a commercial album (by nature but can still smash) that's why they most probably want a hit before she rolls lg7.

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Honestly I'm not believing this insider rumor. I bet it's just DWAS little era on it's own, to warm up audience for Gaga's come back, and Joker. For me it even ties in with aesthetic of Joker and feels like a little pre promo. I expect her to do tons of promo for Joker, as she did with her other movies, so she would be busy for Ocotber/November and then release LG7 next year.

• Like 2

jackweller

Most likely scenario LG7 is finished and was supposed to be coming out now but due to Joker being released in a little over a month and promo starting in Venice in 2 weeks, it’s been delayed. Can’t have cake and eat it but my guess is Gaga wanted to compensate us for not getting LG7 this year and released DWAS

• Like 2