Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is there different Editing on the iTunes Born This Way?

Benji

Featured Posts

I noticed today when I listened to the iTunes previews of Born This Way that the iTunes version sounds "better" than the album version I imported into it. I imported it using AIFF so it should be really good quality.. right? :crazy2:

Either I'm going insane or there is a difference, her vocals sound a bit louder and clearer on the iTunes version.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why I only use iTunes+ music in my library, it sounds better :shrug:

I might have to start doing so tbh!

I only noticed a difference in Hair. I don't think any other songs are remarkably different...

I can't really put my finger on the rest of the songs, my best description is.. cloudy I guess?

Does anyone fancy posting their iTunes version? I'm officially interested in making the change from huge file size and cloudy songs to just iTunes+ quality.

Hair has two different versions, keep that in mind. The single/standard version has an extra synth in the prechorus, and the bonus track version is more clear.

Once Again - Could anyone upload the iTunes version of the album? Cookie's all round for the person who does!

Hair has two different versions, keep that in mind. The single/standard version has an extra synth in the prechorus, and the bonus track version is more clear.

I know and that isn't what I'm referring to :) ALL my tracks sound a bit different to the iTunes version of the album.

I thought "Judas" sounded slightly different, "Hair" had alot of changes. I like to really listen to music, hear each and every layer, so I do notice these things, but I mean they are very slight differences, so I assume most people wouldn't care. :sweat:

It's because the CD was original quality. Sometimes iTunes tries to make the quality sound better (I have a couple friends who have music on iTunes, they have that in the contract).

pushemission

It's because the CD was original quality. Sometimes iTunes tries to make the quality sound better (I have a couple friends who have music on iTunes, they have that in the contract).

What? Why? I don't get the point in that. Surely iTunes should just reflect the recording as the artist/label intended it?

And what do they do to the sound exactly?

iTunes Plus, if converted from a CD, will sound exactly like a CD. Just like MP3 V0, AIFF, FLAC, M4A Lossless, or whatever else you choose.

But the iTunes Plus that are sold on iTunes, I mean, the ones actually encoded by Apple, come straight from the master mixes. Just like the original CD came from. So, sometimes, their encodes differ from the ones used to master the physical disc. The source is the same, but the "final product" differs. It's normal.

My question is, at the end of the day which one will sound better? :crossed:

I found a DL and I discovered from my experiences this..

iTunes version for headphones, ear phones etc. The tiny things can't deliver everything on the CD version clearly so it sounds a bit.. weird.

CD version for playing on a sound system, everything can be heard. With the iTunes version it sounds the same as the headphones but louder.

The CD was definitely made to be played aloud with a good system.

Archived