Should Gaga have stuck with her sound

Mr S

Featured Posts

fede ARTPOP

Thats why she is Lady Gaga and not LDR or CXCX, different leagues.Ā 

nowĀ·tawĀ·reeĀ·uhsĀ Ā beeĀ·uhng
  • Like 2

King of the Fall

I dont think Gaga was ever the type of artist who wanted to have a "sound" She is a chameleon who's career path has followed more along the lines of David Bowie and Madonna who were both masters of reinventing themselvesĀ 

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite

doppelganger

I do think each Gaga album is distinctively Gaga - despite the sonic shift between each albums. This is especially evident in songs that didn't come from a producer demo.Ā 

palma

I revisit Joanne the least in her discography as I need to be in a certain mood to play it and I overplayed it to death between 2016-2020, but it was a step in the right direction which was finalized with ASIB. I think it's a much more interesting body of work compared to Chromatica and I will always admire her working her *** off to promote the album. That being said, if Gaga had gone with the original idea in her head when she approached Mark Ronson (Back to Black 2.0) I think she'd be a lot more satisfied with the end result. Joanne might have alienated some scorned pre-ARTPOP gays but it brought in many new listeners who liked the album for its message and her display of raw talent.

I blame Bloodpop for the mellowed-down sound of both Joanne and Chromatica. It's fine that he was a good friend to Gaga and I'm thankful for his work with her but I think he ended up withering Gaga's edge while attempting to polish both records for the radio.Ā :partysick:Ā (Hold My Hand is quite bad compared to her other HAC-tailored material too.)

Luckily Gaga is following her gut once more and she seems very happy with the new music she created for us which is all I want from her tbhĀ :anveeroy:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

MadArchitect

Gaga didnt change her sound and image as a reaction to critics tho, she did it cause she had to, to be authentic with herself at the place she was in her life, she just needed to get rid of so much artifice cause it didnt came natural anymore and she felt dehumanized by it.

• Thanks 1