đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will LG7 be the most acclaimed 2024 album?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Pop-Base-1817688850849747185.gif

Apart from Cowboy Carter it feels like all the OGs like Ariana, Billie, and Dua are kind of doing okay-ish performance. They're not bad eras, but they're also not as revolutionary as Thank U Next, When We Fall Asleep and Future Nostalgia were. Then we have some OGs that are also struggling critically: Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Eminem, Zayn, Imagine Dragons. Taylor is unstoppable commercially but her reputationTM is suffering a lot from her career decisions. The quality of TTPD is also called into question a lot.

Meanwhile is it just me or it feels like Gaga's legacy is stronger than ever? People seem to want something risky from her and based on the snippets she's previewed, it seems like she's ready to give it. She has both the GP and the fans on her side. Chromatica was kinda acclaimed but it was still safe (and disciplined) by her standards and it seems like if she really puts herself out there like how she did with Bad Romance when no one else was making something like it, she may stand a chance of re-peaking.

Edited by Bradley
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4

Bonkers

yes, set them up for a fall.  Set their hopes high.

They fall for it every time 

df79bly-6effa3ec-f915-4aab-bcec-eb764909

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

yes, set them up for a fall.  Set their hopes high.

They fall for it every time 

df79bly-6effa3ec-f915-4aab-bcec-eb764909

Album of the Year in the bag

Pop-Base-1817688850849747185.gif

Edited by Bradley
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

ARTPOPKISS

Look I love how we are all very optimistic abt this new era but can we pls be realistic the majority of the GP don't give rlly give a flying **** about Gagas musical endeavours rn they care more about other stuff when the only projects I think the GP care abt regarding Gaga rn are joker and even then I don't think they care that much 

Edit- I'm sorry if this makes no sense I'm in a very shitty mood

Edited by ARTPOPKISS
F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 2

palma
13 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Billie

kind of doing okay-ish performance.

not bad eras, but also not as revolutionary as When We Fall Asleep 

to-you.gif

HMHAS is the best album released this year so far :partysick: and Billie is doing amazing.

LG7 may be Gaga's best acclaimed work (everything we've heard so far sound realllllllly good) but as I said somewhere else she is too avantgarde and divisive to be universally acclaimed. It's about time she gets a 80+ on Metacritic though :bear:

Edited by palma
  • Thanks 1

tomsches

I don’t think so. I mean we haven’t heard anything yet but I think yes, she has the gp and the critics back but she’s not everybody’s darling yet 

Bradley
8 minutes ago, palma said:

to-you.gif

HMHAS is the best album released this year so far :partysick: and Billie is doing amazing.

LG7 may be Gaga's best acclaimed work (everything we've heard so far sound realllllllly good) but as I said somewhere else she is too avantgarde and divisive to be universally acclaimed. It's about time she gets a 80+ on Metacritic though :bear:

What I meant was, it's easier for her avant-garde to be accepted this time than, say, in the ARTPOP era because of the lengths she's gone to establish her reputation with side projects like movies, jazz and her political and philanthropic involvement. Like, people still know she's weird but it's the good kind of weird and not offputting like a part of the GP may have thought before.

Edited by Bradley
  • Like 1

palma
11 minutes ago, Bradley said:

What I meant was, it's easier for her avant-garde to be accepted this time than, say, in the ARTPOP era because of the lengths she's gone to establish her reputation with side projects like movies, jazz and her political and philanthropic involvement. Like, people still know she's weird but it's the good kind of weird and not offputting like a part of the GP may have thought before.

Oh I think public and critic reception to her work will be much much better this time around as pretty much everyone did a 180 on BTW and ARTPOP and people miss WeirdGa - still I don't think that's enough for LG7 to pull a Lemonade or BRAT as Gaga is subjected to incredibly high standards because of her past pop-excellency. I know that fuming Madonna on Slate will give the album a crisp 60/100 for instance :selena:

But that's ok. She's way past the point where she needs to prove herself to people or the critics. 

• Like 1

Versace

Not sure, I think Brat will be the Pop album that will come to mind when people think of 2024. Truly one of the few albums that deserves being called a cultural reset. Besides not much is left of the year. I suspect LG7 is coming Q4 of 2024 at the earliest and if so we might see its impact more so set the scene for 2025 pop music. Also if you mean critical acclaim, Brat is gonna be very hard to beat. 

Edited by Versace
  • Like 1

InTheCloset

no

Spoiler

because lg8 will come out in 2024 too. double albums yup:vegas:

Where's the spunk, Adam?

Louvre

idk about this but i feel like it has the possibility to be her own most acclaimed albums. I feel like currently TFM, and Chroma are her most acclaimed albums. TFM bc it was revolutionary, unique, and a smash. And chromatica i feel got so much acclaim because everyone looked back at her career and realized how awesome she has always been and wanted to reward an album where she delivered some of her best work. I feel like the combination of LG7 being potentially experimental and the world being in a honeymoon phase with lady Gaga where they think that she is awesome for her career accomplishments will result in a super acclaimed album, and maybe some grammy hype if it smashes. Also, pitchfork is silly but their articles are always super well written and informative typically no matter the score they give. Even though they don't give her knockout scores, their articles are actually very positive towards Gaga, even their joanne one lol

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1