💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry announces new single, “Lifetimes,” out August 9th

Teletubby

Featured Posts

NATAH
16 minutes ago, Dawson said:

Most pop albums are held together by their singles though with bits of filler. I can’t stand Kathryn but TD was a great package with a lot of heavy hitter singles 

then those are just bad albums lol 

mother, what must i do?

jacs vs looser
29 minutes ago, Snorlax said:

Where is Women World on this week Top 100:stalkga:

The list should come out tomorrow, but it's predicted to leave the hot100, which makes me think it got pulled from radio immediately.

• Shook 2

Lucas
27 minutes ago, robotvoiceinalice said:

No because lets not disrespect her. It was full of timeless classics that sound really good and still slaps to this day. It might not be the most experimental thing out there but you can't deny how good the music she made back then was 

No disrespect to her but she was fully manufactured.

It could be any girl instead of Katy and the songs would reach the same sucess. Songs produced by Dr Luke + visuals & outfits from that comics book Katy Keene.

To be she was a bit like a brand ambassador, people were doing the stuff behind the scenes and she was the girl showing up in the videos & ads

• Like 4

JesseX77X

Why is she releasing snippets of her song especially the supposed to be catchy chorus weeks and weeks before the song comes out it makes the song not exciting when it actually comes out…

• Like 2

Charmz

It’s a flop I fear :madge:

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

Dawson
21 minutes ago, NATAH said:

then those are just bad albums lol 

Respectfully disagree. Not every album has to be wall to wall smashes to be a good body of work

NATAH
Just now, Dawson said:

Respectfully disagree. Not every album has to be wall to wall smashes to be a good body of work

i mean yeah but if the singles are good and the rest is just filler that adds nothing then... that's a bad album :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

Delulu Rogers

I get working with Dr. Luke is wrong but have other singers faced this much backlashes too? SO many ppl have worked with him since the Kesha trial and I only see people calling out Katy Perry when his other songs with other artists have been hits 

• Thanks 1

StrawberryBlond

I predicted it, she was filming that video just after WW in order to put out the new single asap. Putting it out so soon after an embarrassing flop might actually worsen its case. Crazy how, after how her last 2 albums turned out that she was allowed to announce the album name, cover, release date, several track titles and the pre-order. The first single should've just been released, see how it goes and proceed according to the reception of it (pushing on with an album roll-out if successful, degrade it to a buzz single, announce a new lead and re-work the album if not). I don't know where the confidence to roll this out like she was as big as Taylor, Ariana, Gaga, Adele or Beyonce was a huge lapse of judgement.

It sounds and looks like a summer single so it's wise to put it out in the summer but going by what I've heard people say from the previews, there's not much hope for it. It can't be any worse than Woman's World surely? It looks like it will rely on her old-fashioned sex appeal, though, which is going to be its selling point.

1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

She has always been the most basic of the popstars. I don't understand the gays' obsession with Teenage Dream calling it a pop bible just because of the #1s. They were able to achieve that but it's still a very generic pop album.

Teenage Dream is the only album of hers that I truly like and it has nothing to do with the commercial response to it. It has some of the best bubblegum/teen/fun pop songs I've ever heard. It's the first album I always think of when I think of the perfect summer album. I've been bumping it every summer since its release 14 years ago. Most pop songs of its genre these days are simply not of this quality. And ballads like The One That Got Away, Pearl and Not Like The Movies are some of her best and most mature ballads ever, showing a vulnerable side to the manufactured pop. There's a reason she's tried to remake it ever since. It was a complete one-off in every sense of the word and honestly, if it were released today, critics would be far nicer about it and it would probably have a Grammy. But she just made it at a time when pop was still struggling to be taken seriously. 

• Love 1

hieronymus
2 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I get working with Dr. Luke is wrong but have other singers faced this much backlashes too? SO many ppl have worked with him since the Kesha trial and I only see people calling out Katy Perry when his other songs with other artists have been hits 

Yes, especially Kim Petras and Nicki. It comes up in basically every thread about them on here. Doja Cat too a few years ago, but it came out that the contract she signed before the trials forced her to work with him. She's since spoken out against him and said his involvement is minimal. Nicki on the other hand seems to just straight up love rapists. Kim said she's not ashamed of working with Luke and claimed Kesha was lying.

• Like 1

Dawson
18 minutes ago, NATAH said:

i mean yeah but if the singles are good and the rest is just filler that adds nothing then... that's a bad album :samanthac:

Yeah I guess. It can still leave a massive cultural mark and be considered someone’s best work even if all of their work is average across the board 

Killa
3 hours ago, Zedd said:

The artwork was definitely a choice. It’s very… her. Hoping that “Abracadabra” or “Notorious Being” will be released the same day :vegas:

:brat: