💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry's next era - how will it perform?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

The lead single may get top 40 but not much higher. If so, there's a chance the album will be pushed back. The album will be lucky to get top 5 unless she gets a really slow week for release. I know it all sounds harsh but after Witness and Smile, her third try isn't looking promising. After 2 flops in a row, the writing's on the wall. 

Sneaky Oliver

I think she will have slightly better numbers compared to Smile because she has massive promo now but I feel like it’s going to perform somewhat like Radical Optimism 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver
27 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The lead single may get top 40 but not much higher. If so, there's a chance the album will be pushed back. The album will be lucky to get top 5 unless she gets a really slow week for release. I know it all sounds harsh but after Witness and Smile, her third try isn't looking promising. After 2 flops in a row, the writing's on the wall. 

Well, to be fair, people used to HATE her during Witness and somehow she managed to pull some big numbers with Chained and Bon Appetit, Smile was basically dead on arrival due to being released in the pandemics but Never Really Over performed quite decently (peaked #15) as her comeback single from her flop era, it performed similarly to Perfect Illusion

She’s coming with heavy promo now and she gained US GA hearts back with Idol, her online presence has been strong so I’m kinda expecting her new record to outperform Smile or at least pull some similar numbers (which is going to be good for her)

Edited by Sneaky Oliver
I’m on my Legacy Act era

FrederickSpears
3 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Well, to be fair, people used to HATE her during Witness and somehow she managed to pull some big numbers with Chained and Bon Appetit, Smile was basically dead on arrival due to being released in the pandemics but Never Really Over performed quite decently (peaked #15) as her comeback single from her flop era, it performed similarly to Perfect Illusion

She’s coming with heavy promo now and she gained US GA hearts back with Idol, her online presence has been strong so I’m kinda expecting her new record to outperform Smile or at least pull some similar numbers (which is going to be good for her)

I promise you the GP that watches American Idol does not care about Katy's music lmao. They haven't cared and she's been releasing music while on Idol.

• Thanks 1

FrederickSpears

I think it's going to be a big flop. She will be lucky if it does Smile's numbers, which probably not. I truly feel like she is just over. It's crazy how she went from huge eras and a big MPG to literally being a huge flop. Kids just grew up and moved on.

• Thanks 1

the almost 1 month wait between announcement and release of womans world is definitely gonna make people become bored of the song, so itll probably underperform rather if she released it like 2 weeks after announcement. about the dr luke production credits, i feel like people arent gonna care at all (and its showing) so... its whatever. judging on the demo that leaked the song is very basic in structure, like yes, and? so people are probably just gonna have the same reaction to womans world as yes, and? and compare it to h&m music while katy releases 20 versions of the song for it to go #1 (which i hope it doesn't).