💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

C,XOXO “boring, uninspired, a collection of generic beats set to pointless lyrics”

Squidward T

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

It's pretty bad imo.

I knew from the first time I heard "i luv it" that it was going to be off. That song is just structured weird and it's very jarring, which is definitely indicative of the album. It's a shame because the music video has great visuals. 

The album just feels unfocused, scattered, obnoxious and short :anveeroy:

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

The thing is… a lot of music critics are calling it a charli xcx rip off when only ONE song sounds a little hyperpop. It’s clear biased opinions, and a lot of critics are charli/Normani stand. It’s okay though, we’ve seen this with other iconic albums :vegas: just enjoy the music, not the bling!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Teletubby

she got higher Pitchfork rating than other pop girls
CC.jpg

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 16
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 2

PartySick

To give y'all an idea of how little I pay attention to pop, I thought "C,XOXO" was Charli XCX and thought "wait, I thought critics liked brat?"

💚
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PartySick said:

To give y'all an idea of how little I pay attention to pop, I thought "C,XOXO" was Charli XCX and thought "wait, I thought critics liked brat?"

This is my exact reaction. I was very confused :cheeky:

• Thanks 1

FreedomInTheMusic

I’m a bit undecided on how I feel about the album so far. I’ll need to sit on it for a while. That said, it’s a million times more interesting to me that she is trying something unexpected for her. Give me bold, not boring.

• Thanks 3

I expected the album to sound differently. Even so, i really liked it. I just wish it was longer. It feels like it lacks something, but i still can't wrap my head around what that is. 

It has some cool bops tho... it's a fun album, i wouldn't define it as "boring" imo. Messy... probably, but not boring. 

• Like 2

Reject False Icons

Is this how it felt living 2010 with the Gaga/Bad Romance Xtina/Bionic hate train of tireless comparisons and criticism :saladga: 

I don’t listen to Camila but it’s really annoying to see stans stuck in that mentality of the first one is the original and everything after is a copy, as if Charli was the only inventor of that style of music  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Pandauralife

It's honestly so good. Sonically I think it's just really exciting. Just listened to it for the first time so I may need to sit with the lyrics for a while before I can say I really love it. 

thatfoxyfeeling
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

she got higher Pitchfork rating than other pop girls
CC.jpg

Still can't believe they gave Billie a 6.8 it's literally contender for AOTY. 

• Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

Madame Goo Goo
20 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Still can't believe they gave Billie a 6.8 it's literally contender for AOTY. 

They’re ahead of their time for that one IMO, I like that album a bit less each time I listen. Really only here for Chihiro and Birds of a feather at this point.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1