💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Billie Eilish reveals she 'lost all her friends' when she got famous

Nite

Featured Posts

Nite

Thought this was interesting considering what we know about Gaga's loyalty to friends/employees.

Spoiler

But Eilish said that stardom made it hard for her to have friends.

“Well I lost all of my friends when I got famous," she said.

"I suddenly was famous and I couldn’t relate to anybody. It was tough. It was really hard.”

Eilish said that her best friend, Zoe, remained by her side. But her only other friends were her employees.

"And then it was my 20th birthday and I remember looking around the room and it was only people that I employ. And all 15 years or more older than me."

She said one of those employees subsequently quit, out of the blue, and stopped talking to her.

"And it was the worst thing that happened to me. And that made me realise like ‘oh wait, this is a job'," she said. "If they left me they would never see me again."

Eilish said that since then, she finds it hard to be friendly to people she works with, "because I’m very freaked out by loss and I have a lot of abandonment problems," she said.

But she added that she has worked hard on making new friends and rekindling old friendships.

Especially the part where you realize that loyalty only goes so far seeing it's an employee-employer relationship when it comes down to it.

The whole podcast is here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0j324vf It's a pretty cute interview :artdoll2:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crggk7x0k7lo

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13512947/Billie-Eilish-reveals-lost-friends-got-famous-relate-admits-guests-20th-birthday-employees.html

• Love 10
  • Sad 7

Nutella

Ugh she is so observant, honest and well spoken.

I hope she maintains her grip on reality & remains as successful as she wants to be (with genuine friends) for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

bionic

That must truly suck and it probably didn't help she was homeschooled. I hope she gets what she's looking for

buy bionic
  • Like 2

Anderson123

She became famous at such a young age that she didn’t get to live that teenage phase like a regular kid. They were also home schooled so it’s like they weren’t exposed that much to group of friends they could’ve interacted with while growing up. It’s a bit sad but this also helped them develop that passion for arts. 

• Love 1

GagaGame
17 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

And here I am having no friends and no fame :anveeroy:

same :ladyhaha:

I could be your mustang for the weekend

BornAsUnic0rn
56 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

Ugh she is so observant, honest and well spoken.

I hope she maintains her grip on reality & remains as successful as she wants to be (with genuine friends) for years to come.

It’s so hard to keep your grip on reality even with even little fame. It’s often quite hard for me to listen to celebrities, because they simply can’t relate to the regular person, to their struggles, their thoughts, their lives in general to be honest and you can clearly tell, yet they are unable to accept that for themselves, and I mostly believe that they really want and try to believe they can. It’s sometimes a bit depressing to see, and you can truly feel the isolation fame brings. I hope you know what I mean. 

What’s so admirable for me in regards to Billie is that it’s the complete opposite. She is aware of all the above and she has accepted it. Yet she goes about it with such honesty and “decency”. Through that she achieves to transport a relatability to her “unrelatable” life, especially through her art. She’s able to connect with people through the one thing that will always connect humans with each other, real and honest emotions, the most “basic” fears, dreams and experiences we all share.

You rarely see someone handle fame as healthy as Billie, especially when they start as young as she did, and to me it’s admirable, inspirational, enriching and above all I find myself in awe with her again and again. No matter if it’s through her art, interviews or things like Award Show appearances, something about her rawness and her awareness touches me right at my core. 

• Like 1

Gorehound

mannnn other than the wealth and privilege, fame rly sounds like sh*t.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 2

doja scat

bruh being famous in hollywood…i feel like it must be so hard to make genuine friends with people. the amount of clout chasers that try to sneak into your life chile 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth
  • Like 2

StarstruckIllusion

“Eilish said that since then, she finds it hard to be friendly to people she works with, "because I’m very freaked out by loss and I have a lot of abandonment problems," she said.”

Wow… that just unlocked a whole new perspective as to why people aren’t always the kindest at work. I used to think they were kinda flops but this is really sad actually. Appreciate her honesty here

• Like 1
  • Sad 1