Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift discounts "Fortnight" to keep it in the top 10 on Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Bronco
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

back in my day if a song was popular it was everywhere, that’s why it’s called a hit. 

Because the charts are a ****ing **** show these days
Streaming killed the charts. 

• Like 1

weed

A great price 

SOON
3 hours ago, PMM said:

she's not that chart obsessed my ass 

Literally who said that? She cares about the charts and sales. :saladga:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua
  • Like 1

King of the Fall
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I just don’t get it. if she’s such an universally loved artist and every release of hers is such a big deal, why does she need to release remixes, discount her songs and pull all of these antics to keep her new song in top 10 after just 4 weeks of release? 

back in my day if a song was popular it was everywhere, that’s why it’s called a hit. 

Because these new songs of hers are not organic hits, they debut high because of her massive fanbase and a bunch of scam gimicks. They then proceed to fall off the charts and she loses her brief window of being the number 1 artist on Spotify to The Weeknd again like always

Taylors chart greed is pathetic and desperate, the fact she deliberately tries to block deserving people like Billie makes her an asshole too

Edited by King of the Fall
Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin to be so quiet?
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spartacus
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, SOON said:

These moments are always the funniest.

"My friend Ed is such a chart monger. He's obsessed with how it works & the math of it." - Taylor Swift

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-moments-that-couldnt-fit-in-our-cover-story-890700/

Spoiler

And no, calling someone a monger is not a good thing. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/monger

And no, calling someone an "obsessed chart monger" is not a compliment. :huntyga:

Edited by Spartacus
-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

SOON
7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

These moments are always the funniest.

"My friend Ed is such a chart monger. He's obsessed with how it works & the math of it." - Taylor Swift

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-moments-that-couldnt-fit-in-our-cover-story-890700/

Reveal hidden contents

And no, calling someone a monger is not a good thing. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/monger

And no, calling someone an "obsessed chart monger" is not a compliment. :huntyga:

Well she talks about how Ed knows everything about charts. She never claimed she doesn’t care about the charts, she just doesnt know it as well as Ed. 

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Spartacus
9 minutes ago, SOON said:

Well she talks about how Ed knows everything about charts. She never claimed she doesn’t care about the charts, she just doesnt know it as well as Ed. 

She called him an "obsessed chart monger". Does that sound like a compliment or a title one aspires to?

It's great that her stans are humble enough to now admit she's just as much an "obsessed chart monger" as her friend, but let's not pretend her calling Ed as such back then wasn't her way of saying she's not an "obsessed chart monger".

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • Like 2

Decodekid

and for what exactly, the hot 100 doesn't reflect anything anymore tbh. The only real hit there it's espresso, what are those songs :icant:

Im Harol don't tell anyone
  • Like 3

Luke78619
Posted (edited)

I need to keep my nose out of chart stuff again and just enjoy the music coz it’s actually quite agitating to read all this stuff and stans at war constantly. The charts are just pointless nowadays and are so easy to manipulate, it’s far from what it used to be where a no.1 was a massive accomplishment and actually meant a song was a hit

music is so much more enjoyable when you don’t give a sh*t about its charts or performance :messga: I’m gonna go touch some grass 

Edited by Luke78619
insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • Like 2

BlackLight

It’s gonna be weird in the future when over half of Taylor’s “hits” are forgotten. 

I genuinely can’t tell you that I remember how fortnight really goes. 

Artist from NYC.

PMM
2 hours ago, SOON said:

taylor-on-being-less-obsessed-with-chart

Taylor Rolling Stone 2019

I Am a Joke
  • Thanks 1

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, BlackLight said:

It’s gonna be weird in the future when over half of Taylor’s “hits” are forgotten. 

I genuinely can’t tell you that I remember how fortnight really goes. 

I've still not even heard it :billie:

If a song is a hit, then I should hear it without having to actually seek the song out

I work in a nightclub and they haven't played fortnight (at least to my knowledge) ONCE, and it's a student nightclub, so majority of guests are swifites. 

On the other hand, I've already heard lunch twice this week there, and espresso makes the crowd go feral