đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you feel about Gaga's activism choices?

mic

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO

I’m fairly certain that Gaga’s been doing behind-the-scenes activism for Palestine. Remember when it came out that she was doing a lot of charity work behind closed doors with BLM and some artists organizations last year? 

• Thanks 1

LordByron28
7 hours ago, StressedOut said:

Her basically being a mouthpiece for the DNC is a whole other topic, but most of the country is in a "lesser of two evils" relationship with the democratic party... but yeah we should collectively hound or representatives and government for this change rather than celebrities, and if socially we're saying "you HAVE to have an opinion on this issue as a person who has a lot of followers and is 'influential'" then we can just be more discerning with who gets our support...

I don’t think it is a fair presumption to call her a DNC mouthpiece or a the DNC the lesser of two evils. For most social issues that she speaks upon she has been ahead of the game and often times being the most prominent mainstream artist shifting public opinion on controversial or overlooked issues. It’s truly a disservice to both.

Significantly more progress would be made under the Biden administration regarding social issues, labor rights, and income inequality, if the conservative branch of congress hadn’t earned so many votes and elected officials. Biden has made the most advancements for the LGBT community than any president or elected official have made this far bar none. It’s really understated and frankly disappointing that a lot of the LGBT community doesn’t recognize or appreciate it more. Not too mention the conservative majority Supreme Court road blocking a number of Biden’s initiatives to help people. The Israel/Palestine conflict is complicated and nuanced and I wish other decisions were made but we are ultimately a democracy and the DNC makes decisions based upon what the majority of Americans desire as what it a democracy entails. Both siding them or calling them the lesser of two evils is what contributes to people sitting out in elections or vote for republicans on the federal level. 

Anderson123

We know she does things in private and sometimes we know about them (COVID donations) but I don't really think it's our business to discuss this. After all these years I assume she's exhausted of all of this online celebrity culture that they have to present.

• Thanks 1

StressedOut
32 minutes ago, LordByron28 said:

Significantly more progress would be made under the Biden administration regarding social issues, labor rights, and income inequality, if the conservative branch of congress hadn’t earned so many votes and elected officials. 

You're right, I guess I maybe just didn't consider that lesser evils rhetoric is ultimately harmful. Also re-reading I was being a bit hyperbolic/cynical, we should continue to fight for LGBT rights, we have come so far, but it's not over on many levels.

• Love 1

LordByron28
1 minute ago, StressedOut said:

You're right, I guess I maybe just didn't consider that lesser evils rhetoric is ultimately harmful. Also re-reading I was being a bit hyperbolic/cynical, we should continue to fight for LGBT rights, we have come so far, but it's not over on many levels.

Thanks for the consideration and acknowledgement. Ultimately politics and democracy is a battle of public opinion and swaying the threshold/majority. I wish a political party did do more but also understand the realities of the fact that they likely wouldn’t garner enough votes to get elected and even if they did they would be a fringe segment of congress. They could have some influence but it takes time. It’s a blessing and a curse as it prevents extremists from making radical, irreparable changes to the country. However, it also requires a significant amount of patience and will power to make progress and advancements for things. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

TheSine

I'm going to be honest, I don't really care. I am not saying I don't care about the issues themselves, I just don't care of she says something publicly. She has obviously fought for important things before.

She's kind of a musician and not a full-time activist so... :laughga: 

đź–¤Yiiking Outđź–¤
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

King of the Fall

I don't care very much to be honest

It's all well and good when a celebrity wants to engage in activism and nor do I think someone being silent speaks on their personal views

With Gaga, I am happy that one of my favorite musicians has chosen to be a champion for certain causes but none of that has anything to do with why I became a fan of her to begin with

The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page

Helxig

Not so good. I used to think she was the kindest person with the biggest heart but I just haven't seen any of that for years now. And if it's there it's.. weirdly inauthentic feeling? Idk I'm probably just reading into things. But my opinion is that things feel different to me now

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1

Babel

If she's not well informed to express an opinion then she should get into it because those are her taxes that are being spent on bombing kids in the middle east.

KeepOnSwimming
14 hours ago, TMM90 said:

Being against an ongoing genocide is not the same as supporting Hammas. 

Falsely calling a war genocide, because thats what an antisemitic terrorist group calls it, even though its not, is just supporting hamas. 

Sorry, but this whole 'genocide' thing is such a stretch tbh. Its war. But if Israel wanted to to a genocide on the Palestineans, why not occupy and invade Westjordan? Why not just kill everyone, but instead sending warnings to the public, trying to evacuate them? 

The situation in Gaza is ****, but its not just Israel to blame. Maybe, if Israels neighbor countries wouldn't be very antisemitic and tried to invade them and kill them literally all the time, none of that would have happened. Maybe, just maybe, Israel has a right to defend itself against all the hate it gets since its founded. I stand with Israel and everyone who falls a victim to blind hate. 

But arabs, palestineans, muslims, christians etc can live freely in Israel. Non of that counts for its surrounding countries. Jews in other middle eastern countries got decimated. The amount of jews in living the neighbor countries of Isreal dropped by 99% in the last 70 years. The amount of muslims/palestineans etc in Israel increased at lile 1000% in the last 70yrs. 

Yall are calling genocide on the wrong side of history. 

• LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

MonSwiftAnton

She’s done plenty of activism through the years, more than many. She doesn’t have to fight in every battle. 

However I find it interesting how many come to her defence but are the first to criticize other female artists. 

Super

mostly idc. shes a singer. im grateful for all her support tho
sometimes she just doesnt happen to see things the same way as us in some.... conflicts. and she's allowed to it. better to remain quiet than to receive a lot of backlash from crybabies who cant handle that not everyone popstar agrees with them. 

• Thanks 1

27monster27
23 hours ago, mic said:

- she collabs with Dylan Mulvaney then faced with media criticism she lashes out saying it is 'backlash'. People may love or hate Dylan, but without doubt Dylan's online presence has made reputation of trans community suffer tremendously.

I'm sorry but I'm really tired of this take. Problematic trans person =/= trans people are bad. If anyone uses Dylan Mulvaney for that then that is on them. Again, it's just like when people tried to use the problematic actions of Jeffree Star and James Charles to justify homophobia. Problematic gays =/= gays are bad. It's the same with trans people.

he/him/his

mic
On 5/19/2024 at 7:26 PM, 27monster27 said:

I'm sorry but I'm really tired of this take. Problematic trans person =/= trans people are bad. If anyone uses Dylan Mulvaney for that then that is on them. Again, it's just like when people tried to use the problematic actions of Jeffree Star and James Charles to justify homophobia. Problematic gays =/= gays are bad. It's the same with trans people.

Please learn to read, I did not state trans people are bad. Next