💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you feel about Gaga's activism choices?

mic

Featured Posts

mic

As we know Gaga is a huge superstar, probably the biggest when it comes to talking about social issues. Hell - she build her own foundation for that matter even.

The gays, lesbians and bisexuals have much to thank her for. The trans and black people more recently even more so.

Amidst all of her activism though I can see absolutely no mention of certain critical issues, which are no less connected with the topic of social justice and relevant to the US politics she likes to get involved in so much.

Namely:

- she speaks nothing about climate change, instead launches a huge brand dumping tonnes of plastic into the environment,

- she actively supports zionist politicians and performs regularly in israel. She did not say a word about the injustice done in Palestine, Yemen and other locations in the region. One could say 'well she is just a postar', but then - look above what I wrote,

- she collabs with Dylan Mulvaney then faced with media criticism she lashes out saying it is 'backlash'. People may love or hate Dylan, but without doubt Dylan's online presence has made reputation of trans community suffer tremendously.

Thoughts? Do you support her stance no matter what or do you reserve right to have own opinion and acknowledge her inconsequence?

• Like 1

Schizophonic

Activism should be authentic. She cant save the world by herself. I think its fine if she chose what feels natural to her and doesnt go into topics she has no connection to. That doesnt mean she doesnt care about those. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

River

She's allowed to be passionate about a few specific issues and less or not at all about others and you guys needs to deal with it, she did enough and risked enough of her career for many important issues.

But when we point out other celebrities who does absolutely nothing (and somehow gets awards and recognitions lol) ya'll find every excuse in the book to justified it.

Give Gaga a f-cking break already.

If you care enough about these issue.. do your own activism, you don't need a celebrity to do it for you.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 15
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

KeepOnSwimming

actually I am glad she doesn't support hamas. Good for her. Better to have a complex opinion in private then just posting #freepalestine. Because thats just an easy-on-the-mind way out that just keeps on with the hate and has literally no impact or solution whatsoever. I mean, dont get me wrong, please free Palestine...from Hamas. 

I am happy Gaga isn't just jumping on every popular train just to stay relevant or make people happy. Activism is best, when authentic. 

• LMAO 7
  • Thanks 2

MadArchitect

? Haus labs made an effort to be as enviromentally friendly in its lastest release, which was the one they launched in full scale for the first time.

i would 100% endorse biden too if its alternative was trump, doesn't mean ill agree with every stance he has or will take.

Dylan has not made the "reputation" of the trans community suffer, she just became the face transphobes have latch on to spew their hate, Dylan has  not made anything truly harmful, unless you let yourself be deceived by optics and respectability...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

PartySick
20 minutes ago, mic said:

Dylan's online presence has made reputation of trans community suffer tremendously.

And we blame Dylan instead of transphobes for this...why exactly?

Gaga doesn't need to take up arms for every cause. She's an ethical business woman, has a charity of her own, and speaks to causes that are close to her specifically (women's rights, gay rights, mental health, and largely domestic US issues if she voices an opinion at all on them).

People called her a racist for having a dark tan and not immediately giving up her Insta for BLM (which she eventually did anyway)

They said she's an animal abuser because she wears fur and leather and she left her chickens behind when fleeing a wildfire

Hell, recently I saw a few people call her a Nazi apologist for being seen in a cybertruck :rip:

We don't NEED Lady Gaga to be an expert on everything and take a stance on anything. It's nice when she does but she's absolutely not obligated to, nor is anybody else.

If you're made about public figures not doing enough, start with the politicians. Pop stars are so far down that list you'll never reach them.

💚
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

PartySick

All the activism this woman has done and there's still people with the nerve to ask if she's doing/done enough :rip:

💚
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

mic
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

All the activism this woman has done and there's still people with the nerve to ask if she's doing/done enough :rip:

as I stressed, I am not questioning this here. Let me clarify it for you - my question is whether her understanding of social justice is not too narrow. If you think what she is doing is enough then please explain why.

Modern Ecstasy2

Celebrities are influential, I get it. But I don’t care what celebrities do or do not say about Isreal/Palestine. I care about what governments and political leaders who actually have power to make decisions about where money goes do.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

JessFletch

She is a businesswoman, first and foremost. I think her activism has ALWAYS reflected that.

Love her though. Obviously lol 

⚫️
  • Love 1

TMM90
14 minutes ago, KeepOnSwimming said:

actually I am glad she doesn't support hamas. Good for her. Better to have a complex opinion in private then just posting #freepalestine. Because thats just an easy-on-the-mind way out that just keeps on with the hate and has literally no impact or solution whatsoever. I mean, dont get me wrong, please free Palestine...from Hamas. 

I am happy Gaga isn't just jumping on every popular train just to stay relevant or make people happy. Activism is best, when authentic. 

Being against an ongoing genocide is not the same as supporting Hammas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Modern Ecstasy2
1 minute ago, mic said:

as I stressed, I am not questioning this here. Let me clarify it for you - my question is whether her understanding of social justice is not too narrow. If you think what she is doing is enough then please explain why.

I don’t think it would be fair for us, as people on the outside looking in, to be drawing conclusions that Gaga’s understanding of social justice is too narrow based solely on what she publicly says or displays on social media. She very well could be extremely informed about certain topics and is making a choice to limit what is shared.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Like 3

DitaDolla
48 minutes ago, mic said:

1) performs regularly in israel.

2) She did not say a word about the injustice done in Palestine.

1) she performed there only 2 times, the latest one was 2014 (a DECADE ago) - not regularly.

2) I rather anyone to stay silent rather than publicly speaking about it when the person is not educated on the situation - relevant to A LOT of people rn and A LOT of topics.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Red

She learned the valuable lesson you should learn that it is to pick your battles, hun

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 3

PartySick
25 minutes ago, mic said:

Nah, it wasn't directed at you specifically, just a general complaint 

💚