celeb

Dua Lipa Reveals She Have An Astrologist Instead Of Psychologist

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy

Yikies. I mean whatever works for her, but... Yikes. 

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Helxig

Please let this extreme health and wellness hoodoo spirituality phase quieten down soon. We don't need celebrities influencing young people out of therapy in this time of global extreme mental health crisis

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MadArchitect
On 5/15/2024 at 11:28 AM, Sneaky Oliver said:

It doesn’t mean she doesn’t believe in therapy maybe she just feels like she doesn’t need it and she just speaks to her astrologist, that’s it :shrug: this is so radically optimistic of her

i mean that is just you interpreting what she said in the most charitable way, here what she meant with what was asked is that she loves astrology so much, she goes to an astrologist instead of a therapist to deal with her problems, if she doesnt feel she needs ot or does believe in it or not is not adressed, so i think its very irresponsible of her to say this,  what people would get from this is that therapy and astrology are comparable and that its a good thing to replace theraphy with  astrology, that is the sentiment of what she said.

Sneaky Oliver
8 hours ago, MadArchitect said:

i mean that is just you interpreting what she said in the most charitable way, here what she meant with what was asked is that she loves astrology so much, she goes to an astrologist instead of a therapist to deal with her problems, if she doesnt feel she needs ot or does believe in it or not is not adressed, so i think its very irresponsible of her to say this,  what people would get from this is that therapy and astrology are comparable and that its a good thing to replace theraphy with  astrology, that is the sentiment of what she said.

I don’t think she needed to address the obvious thing. Dua has a newsletter, a podcast, she talks about mental health very often. It’s kinda exhausting how artists should be always advocating for the “right” things because people demand them to do imo, it was supposed to be a fun story, not a serious statement :oops:

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Thanks 1

MadArchitect
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I don’t think she needed to address the obvious thing. Dua has a newsletter, a podcast, she talks about mental health very often. It’s kinda exhausting how artists should be always advocating for the “right” things because people demand them to do imo, it was supposed to be a fun story, not a serious statement :oops:

not at all, it wasnt "obvious" i dont follow her so i dont know what she says elsewhere, im judging for what she says here and thats why i say it is irresponsable to say this, funny if she talks about mental health yet she does not even have experiencce with mental health professionals, then she talks about it from a completely uninformed place lol. Well the question was simple and direct, "do you make desitions based on astrology?" she was not joking with what she said, plus if equiparing astrology as a viable replacement therapy is fun to you, her or anyone, well i dont know what else to tell ya...

Edited by MadArchitect
  • LMAO 1

IwantedToAsk
2 hours ago, MadArchitect said:

not at all, it wasnt "obvious" i dont follow her so i dont know what she says elsewhere, im judging for what she says here and thats why i say it is irresponsable to say this, funny if she talks about mental health yet she does not even have experiencce with mental health professionals, then she talks about it from a completely uninformed place lol. Well the question was simple and direct, "do you make desitions based on astrology?" she was not joking with what she said, plus if equiparing astrology as a viable replacement therapy is fun to you, her or anyone, well i dont know what else to tell ya...

:ladyhaha:

MelbHawker

Some of y’all need to learn to live, & let live.

She’s not discouraging therapy by stating she doesn’t have a therapist.. the way it’s being twisted by some of you is insane. :fail:

If this whole astrology vibe genuinely helps her & is affirming to her life, why is it a bad thing?

• Thanks 3

Doroteyo
Posted (edited)

astrology has been around for thousands of years and is practiced by every civilization for a reason... it should not be used as a replacement to therapy but it can be an awesome supplement and guide.

If you think it's bollocks you probably have not actually experienced it :) I don't know anyone who thinks it's fake who has had a reading done. It's not scary or controversial, friends, though it can feel scary to have your belief system challenged!

Edited by Tobcho

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Tobcho said:

If you think it's bollocks you probably have not actually experienced it :) I don't know anyone who thinks it's fake who has had a reading done. It's not scary or controversial, friends, though it can feel scary to have your belief system challenged!

This is kinda like a Christian saying “I don’t know any atheist that practices the Bible” tho, no? lol 

• Like 1

Doroteyo
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

This is kinda like a Christian saying “I don’t know any atheist that practices the Bible” tho, no? lol 

no, sir, it's not the same. There is a difference between faith and experience. When you've experienced something, you can decide whether it was useful or not - but until you have, what are you basing your judgment on?
You should have your own opinion on it of course, I am just suggesting that astrology may just be a tool that does work and people stigmatize it because they don't get it, and they don't get it b/c they haven't experienced it :))

• Like 1

Sneaky Oliver
4 hours ago, MadArchitect said:

My point still stands: 

5 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

It’s kinda exhausting how artists should be always advocating for the “right” things because people demand them to do

if you know for a fact that therapy is good, you don’t need f*cking Dua Lipa to tell you that, how old are you? 10? jesus I can’t be the only one to find this so annoying and childish 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver

Imagine thinking if you don’t have a therapist, you can’t speak on mental health because it’s coming from an uninformed place :saladga: do your therapists teach you about psychology? My therapist might be failing at her job then 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

MadArchitect
Posted (edited)

My point still stands: 

if you know for a fact that therapy is good, you don’t need f*cking Dua Lipa to tell you that, how old are you? 10? jesus I can’t be the only one to find this so annoying and childish 

stands in quicksand lol this is not about me or people that have their convictions clear, its about the people who dont and look up to her, which is a lot of people in the high profile celebs like her, "exhausting" that they face criticism regarding their statements about serious ussues like mental health? poor them, that take is exactly what's childish...

Imagine thinking if you don’t have a therapist, you can’t speak on mental health because it’s coming from an uninformed place :saladga: do your therapists teach you about psychology? My therapist might be failing at her job then 

For regular people that is what makes them get informed and really understand meltal health, its conditions, how the field and its system works and how it feels like to go through it, it's not about just technically learning psychology... and to learn about it you go to school, she clearly haven't do so lmao, imagine thinking i can speak on cancer if i'm not a proffesional and i dont suffer it myself, or a very close one i had to go through together in the process...

Edited by MadArchitect

MadArchitect
6 hours ago, Tobcho said:

I don't know anyone who thinks it's fake who has had a reading done.

hello nice to meet you lol, i mean i dont think what the person or what they were saying was "fake" but it was just based in intuition and they nailed a few things, got it completely wrong in others, and too vague and generalized to even be significant for the most part...