💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Christina Aguilera leaves her label RCA Records after 26 years

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

doraemon

You may not like her last album ‘Aguilera’, but if it makes her happier (creatively), then let it be.

Arcanum

So she's going full Latin?

She has this enormous talent of self sabotaging when it comes to her career choices ever since Back To Basics. I don't know how this will work out for ha.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

moonsago
Posted (edited)

Good. They ditched her the moment she had her first flop with Bionic. They shelved the era and stopped properly investing in her career after that. I still think her ‘downfall’ is one of the saddest, and that label is horrible at taking care & promoting their female artists. 

Edited by moonsago
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 4

faysalaaa1
41 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

She has this enormous talent of self sabotaging when it comes to her career choices ever since Back To Basics. I don't know how this will work out for ha.

She clearly know her choices wont make her the biggest star, shes not delusional, I just dont think she cares. 

• Like 1

Karl
2 hours ago, Arcanum said:

Idk Latin music does really well in general, look how successful Shakira has been since going full Latin 

YuriG

I don't know man, her last spanish songs haven't done well, I hope this is purely based on her artistic vision and passion for latin music. I love Liberation though, that album is objectively very good. 

• Thanks 1

Ceres
3 hours ago, moonsago said:

Good. They ditched her the moment she had her first flop with Bionic. They shelved the era and stopped properly investing in her career after that. I still think her ‘downfall’ is one of the saddest, and that label is horrible at taking care & promoting their female artists. 

I agree I think this is a great step into having more creative freedom, and who's to say it would be purely latin— Kylie jumped onto Jay-Z's label for a hot second so, she can do any genre in the end.

✧ ✧ ✧
  • Like 1

Anderson123
Posted (edited)

Love her and she’s so talented and deserves better. I still listen to some Bionic and Liberation tracks but everything she has done after Back To Basics has been messy. 

My girls Britney, Christina, P!nk and Avril have been with RCA since forever I think they all should seek different teams at some point just to see what happens. I mean if they’re happy to do it I guess. 

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1

salty like sodium
3 hours ago, Karl said:

Idk Latin music does really well in general, look how successful Shakira has been since going full Latin 

But Shakira's success rn is nothing compared to her early eras :messga:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Refreshing. She really embodies Mi Gente Latino energy with this move :applause:

Hope her chapters are proven successful and enjoyable for her. 

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

BlingNotTheMusic
Posted (edited)

This is so odd. I thought her Spanish record was a side project and she was going back to full pop? At least, that's what she has been hinting at. This is so confusing for a long time Christina fan...

Maybe she will still release both styles of music under this label?

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic

RichAssPiss

I swear if she made a straight guitar/piano pop record with soul elements in the vein of Adele, 21 she would decimate. Her last real hit was "Say Something." 

weed

I need another Back to Basics mama, please feed your children. The Xtinsters are starving and need your nourishment. The tiktok of the woman in sunglasses picking one artist over the other and stanning Christina a bit, the people are ready for you

olive specter
4 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Love her and she’s so talented and deserves better. I still listen to some Bionic and Liberation tracks but everything she has done after Back To Basics has been messy. 

My girls Britney, Christina, P!nk and Avril have been with RCA since forever I think they all should seek different teams at some point just to see what happens. I mean if they’re happy to do it I guess. 

didn't avril drop rca after goodbye lullaby?

• Like 1