Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Worst Gaga Lyric?

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

Togekiss
On 4/25/2024 at 3:40 AM, The Fame said:

"same DNA, but born this way"

We all have a unique genome, which is literally what makes us each different and special. We dont have the same DNA. This lyric always drives me nuts because its so glaringly inaccurate :smh:

We all share 99.9% of our genome with each other… 98.8% with chimps even soooooo

bring on that pecan pie
  • Like 2

Togekiss
On 4/25/2024 at 4:09 AM, Ivy said:

Rain on me, tsunami

I hear the thunder coming down

Because tsunami is not rain, and thunder doesn't come down..was she thinking about lighting? It always bothers me :franminervini:

I'm not nothing unless I know I can 

I don't care what y'all say it doesn't make sense :crossed: 

You can’t hear lightning, you hear thunder which (surprise) comes from the sky!

Some of y’all need to crack a book (this is just a friendly read don’t come for me :hug:)

bring on that pecan pie
  • LMAO 4

HermioneT

Gaga is very good at writing catchy refrains with great hooks that you can't forget, even as casual listener (BTW, Shallow, Alejandro, Pokerface, ARUTW, Bad romance, ROM, Just dance, Millions reasons). However, for the rest of the songs, I feel she just goes for the first words that somehow fit the music, rhyme, rhythm and vibe of the song with out much border if it creates poetry, a stringent story or makes sense overall. :laughga:And that's what makes many of her songs so much fun and kind of iconic, at least for me.:oops: 

But yea, no excuses for Malibu Gagaa saga and "Put your hands up, make 'em touch, touch (Make it real loud)". 

She / hers
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Ladle Ghoulash
On 4/25/2024 at 2:18 PM, The Z said:

None of the examples you gave actually work ☠️ You understand what they mean, but gramatically they just don’t work lol or maybe it’s not even grammatical but it sounds horribly wrong

“This is the dancefloor I fought for”

Or

“this is my dancefloor”

Not a mix of both:messga:

There’s nothing about the inclusion of “my” that doesn’t make sense lmao. You’re making it sound like fighting for something and then it becoming yours is somehow impossible. “This is my space for self-expression and I fought for it” makes perfect sense. 

Ladle Ghoulash
On 4/25/2024 at 10:43 PM, RAYA.core said:

If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still

When i sing it i say 'driveway' , id forever be still- like a car parked but that one im contributing to put lol

She’s literally saying “if you could stop drinking, I wouldn’t want to leave.” How would “driveway” make more sense, pls :air:

Ladle Ghoulash
On 4/25/2024 at 3:03 PM, MOT said:

Great thread. She does have some doozies, and when you see them all written down .... oh dear.

If I had to pick one I'd go for the Gypsy one 'the way that you love and treat your mother' etc. For that one I think she just wrote down something that rhymed and to hell with whether or not it made much sense. I think she does that a lot to be honest. Lyrics ain't her thing. Sound is her thing. She writes great melodies and choruses and sings them with her great voice. Yes, each song is ABOUT something, but I don't think she kills herself trying to find that perfect lyric.

My tuppence worth on Plastic Doll - I really like the sound and the song, and obviously the lyrics are supoosed to conjure up Barbie images, but yeah, I've no excuses for Malibu Gaga and saga.

As for 'I just wanna be free, I just wanna be me, and I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties', I think they are really good lyrics, not bad, and there's another song I really like.

What about the “way you love and treat your mother” doesn’t make sense? Lmao. She’s literally saying “the fact that you respect your mother shows me that you have respect for women, which is why our relationship works.” 

MOT
1 hour ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

What about the “way you love and treat your mother” doesn’t make sense? Lmao. She’s literally saying “the fact that you respect your mother shows me that you have respect for women, which is why our relationship works.” 

Why do we love each other ? Because you're nice to your mother ? And that's it ?  I think that line is there because it rhymes.

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, MOT said:

Why do we love each other ? Because you're nice to your mother ? And that's it ?  I think that line is there because it rhymes.

It’s “the way you love and treat your mother” and if you don’t like the lyric, that’s fine, but if you don’t *get* it, that’s on you lolol

spookytanooki

I'm about to lose my mind with all the Chromatica hate being casually tossed around in this thread.

That album is incredible. 

*I base this information on absolutely nothing*
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

spookytanooki
On 4/25/2024 at 6:47 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

"Love me. love me, please retweet." - Really don't like it when artists call out companies in lyrics, in case they become uncool or go bust. It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You retweet a tweet, not love. Just an example of Gaga trying to be with the times and reference something really popular and it backfired. 

It means she wants him to 69 her. Cos the re-tweet button is basically just 69 on its side

*I base this information on absolutely nothing*

StrawberryBlond
23 minutes ago, spookytanooki said:

It means she wants him to 69 her. Cos the re-tweet button is basically just 69 on its side

Was this confirmed? Because that's a really out-there interpretation, if you don't mind me saying. 

Agunimon
29 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Was this confirmed? Because that's a really out-there interpretation, if you don't mind me saying. 

I do remember her saying that on Twitter. 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

Ladle Ghoulash
On 4/26/2024 at 7:12 PM, Togekiss said:

You can’t hear lightning, you hear thunder which (surprise) comes from the sky!

Some of y’all need to crack a book (this is just a friendly read don’t come for me :hug:)

Me reading this thread:

IMG-5396.jpg

• LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

MOT
8 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

It’s “the way you love and treat your mother” and if you don’t like the lyric, that’s fine, but if you don’t *get* it, that’s on you lolol

Imo 'it's the way you love and treat your mother' could be an answer (or part of an answer) to the question 'why do you love me', but then it wouldn't rhyme. This has a happy ending though because I now realize that I do actually like that lyric. I like it because it makes me smile, and ultimately that's my answer to the question 'why do I love Gaga'. It's because she makes me smile. 🙂

• Love 1

Mirrion Rizzons
On 4/25/2024 at 2:01 PM, PartySick said:

Blah, it sits in my notes app in the draft phase :ladyhaha:

But basically, my take on Joanne is a narrative from beginning to end based on what she said at the JWT about not knowing her real dad because the pain of losing Joanne changed him so deeply he became a different person.

It starts with a painful experience (Diamond Heart) and she goes through different stages of grief and coping.

Denial (A-Yo), Bargaining (Joanne), self destruction and addiction (John Wayne), self indulgence and medication (Dancin' in Circles), anger (Perfect Illusion), Depression (Million Reasons), and apathy (Sinner's Prayer).

Before finding support and being supportive of others (Come to Mama, Hey Girl), even as pain continues to come (Angel Down). She has healthier ways of coping and a support system (Grigio Girls).

Then by the last song (Just Another Day) she's a healthier person that can take life as it comes and not be demolished by it.

The whole project resonates with me so deeply :bradley:

Omg I've never thought of it this way but this is such a good theory! 

• Love 1