Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars [season 9] – starts May 17

bionic

Featured Posts

calmar

The editing seems a little weird this season...

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Thanks 1

phantasmas

slight spoilers for ep3

Spoiler

Gottmik's runway in Ep3 is sooo good omggg what a STATEMENT

but also I hate to admit but

Spoiler

Nina West kinda ate that challenge with the references and callbacks which is what Snatch Game is all about

phantasmas
On 5/22/2024 at 11:23 AM, calmar said:

The editing seems a little weird this season...

yah, seems a little too sanitized like All Winners but it seems like production is including some real critiques to throw the fans off 

Levine
Posted (edited)

I...din't like this episode :/ 

The queens are so bad at lipsyincing that gottmik won two lipsyncs in a row, that's how bad it is lol 

Edited by Levine
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Levine
Posted (edited)

And I'm surprised we are on episode 4 and Roxxxy still has 0 badges. What challenge she could win? Acting? Next week based on the preview is the makeover challenge and she could potentially win that.

Whoever wins would be stupid to not block Gottmik since she has 2 badges in 3 episode already. Let's see if the queens are scared or not.

Edited by Levine

calmar
2 hours ago, phantasmas said:

yah, seems a little too sanitized like All Winners but it seems like production is including some real critiques to throw the fans off 

Not just that; I could tell during the first 2 or 3 minutes or so it was a different style than other seasons before. Some of the cuts between scenes or people seem choppier or differently paced than before. God maybe I watch this show too much :saladga:

40 minutes ago, Levine said:

Whoever wins would be stupid to not block Gottmik since she has 2 badges in 3 episode already. Let's see if the queens are scared or not.

I mean I'd probably be scared in that situation, but she could have a run where all her wins are in the beginning, like Angeria in S14.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Like 2

Taylucifer
Spoiler

correct top 2, Nina kinda undeniably ate to the point that I wanted her to stop talking. Gottmik did excellent and the runway was SO GOOD. 

While this was a peak snatch game of love I feel like the drama and level of the challenge would have been elevated again with just regular snatch game

I wish the critiques would be more real, idk why they aren't 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

weed

Can’t wait to watch tonight

I’m ready to be gagged

gagzus
On 5/1/2024 at 6:03 PM, HotLikeMexico said:

I hate that all these fan/dream casts mainly include queens from like the last two seasons. Show the older queens some love too. 

I think it comes down to a few factors of who gets on now; production knowing that older queens from older seasons won’t deal with the crap they put newer 20 year old queens through and will outrightly refuse to play the game. That and the fact the fandom now is younger than ever and only relate to younger queens. 

Even in local drag scenes where I’m from and a part of, the majority of people who come to see us queens now are 18-22 and expect us all to be like drag race queens. And unless an older queen from said scene is brought up by famous Ru Girls most people don’t care sadly. For example in my scene there’s a legendary queen called Ophelia Balls and Miss Rory and they’ve only started getting respect now from young queens BECAUSE Drag Race UK girls have mentioned them to their fans.

i mean look at Sasha, she’s an absolute legend in the community but she only got on this time around because the fandom found out about her through queens like Willam and Alaska a few years ago. That’s not to undermine her though, she deserved to be on and win Drag Race but she never would’ve had the opportunity I think without young fans finding out about her through Ru Girls.

• Like 1

bionic

Seasoned/legendary queens who don't fit a certain mould like Sasha (which is not a criticsm of her whatsoever) stand no chance of success on the show

buy bionic

Ultimecia
Posted (edited)

I'm SO HAPPY for the winner of the lipsync, I literally jumped for joy when she was announced as being in the top 2! :ladyhaha:

Also I felt for Vanjie during the judges' critics, I could see them getting to her and break her usually unshakable Miss Vanjie-isms. I'm having so so much fun watching her this season, no matter how well she's doing in the challenges. :heart:

Edited by Ultimecia
Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Love 1

bionic

Nina did amazing at the Snatch Game but was absolutely terrible in the lipsync. Gottmik also did great in SG but I hate the character choice (even if it really worked).

HOWEVER I think the characters are getting a bit too wild. Gottmik as the dog? Roxxxy as a drag race challenge character? It was all just a big no from me.

Plastique did a terrible job. She really is nothing but a mannequin huh

buy bionic
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

BrB

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed the first group more than the second.

Nina´s reveals in the lip sync were so cheap, I´m sorry, it wasn't worth the wait :ohwell:

Gottmik ate with the runway look.

But still, Angeria and Vanjie are carrying the season for me. 

Sorry, brb. Yours, Bear reading Book 💋

Magneto

Mik...omg what a serve! Just take the crown already, I'm living for these runways

Free my mind
  • Like 1