💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Gaga's Nurtec ad illegal in EU

BlueyOysterCult

Featured Posts

BlueyOysterCult

Lady Gaga gives EU a migraine (medication)

U.S. singer Lady Gaga posted a controversial Pfizer-sponsored ad for a migraine drug to her Instagram account Monday, raising questions over the enforcement of the EU’s digital rulebooks.

Advertising prescription meds to the general public is illegal across the EU, and legal in the U.S. But making — and enforcing — this distinction online is another matter.

The singer, who posted the Pfizer-backed video to her 56.5 million-follower-strong Instagram platform, stated in the caption that it is “for US audiences only” — though it is potentially viewable to millions of Europeans.

Meta, Instagram’s parent company, “has to delete the illegal ad immediately and take measures to prevent such breaches,” Alexandra Geese, the Greens’ point person on platforms, told Playbook when shown the ad. “The platforms will only abide by our rules if we show our political will to enforce them.”

Commission Vice President Margrethe Vestager told POLITICO that the EU’s new digital laws, the DSA and DMA, only allow it to intervene after people flag illegal content — meaning after millions of users have potentially already seen it.

“If users find illegal content online it is important that they report this to the platforms,” Vestager said. “If then content is not removed, the Commission can take action and pursue the case. The DSA and the DMA are only as strong as we can collectively make them. And we count on the community to help us enforce.”

“At first sight this looks indeed like an infringement … it should have been geofenced to the U.S. We will follow up including via the ad repository,” an EU case officer who enforces the EU’s digital rules told a Commission official in an email on Tuesday, after POLITICO asked the official about the ad on Monday.

Geese said she had also flagged the ad as illegal, after POLITICO contacted her. But by early Wednesday morning, it was still viewable in Belgium. Meta did not reply to a request for comment in time for publication.

• Like 4
  • LMAO 31
  • YAAAS 13
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 12

thatfoxyfeeling

This collab/partnership has to be the most puzzling and questionable in Gaga's career. 

• Like 47
  • Thanks 22

vinster13

Love Gaga, but they kinda right about this :max: Law is law and it’s negligent to just say “for US audiences” on a globally available post

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

mamo

omg she really took the method acting of Harley to another level!!! 

in b4 she doesn't attend the joker premiere bc she's too busy serving in prison :bradley:

queen of illegality!

lady-gaga-prison.jpg

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 35

LG7 time now
1 minute ago, Auralegends said:

I see no one complaining about EU laws for once :vegas:

I think they’re too much :vegas:

Werewolves Wanted
7 minutes ago, Actual Patient said:

About time. Put her in jail now :glamourpuss:

flirtification.gif

The press tour for Joker 2 is going method :giveup: she’s so dedicated 

Illuminati
7 minutes ago, Actual Patient said:

About time. Put her in jail now :glamourpuss:

flirtification.gif

You're going down with her, miss nurtec avi :classy:

• LMAO 2
  • Shook 1

StarstruckIllusion

the EU just doesn’t miss… 

• Like 1

StarstruckIllusion

I stan a criminal eow :hor:

• LMAO 5

holy scheisse

I guess that’s why in all caps she covered her ass with the: 

INTENDED FOR US AUDIENCES ONLY

Only meant for this trash country:party:

StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, vinster13 said:

Love Gaga, but they kinda right about this :max: Law is law and it’s negligent to just say “for US audiences” on a globally available post

I feel like having a checkbox to tick before uploading that’ll automatically hide this post from Europe would be an easy software fix tbf - everyone wins! (except americans)

• Thanks 2

BellaFahmi

insane to me how promoting medication is a normal thing in the US to begin with, like that's wild

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3