Flippy

Featured Posts

Bowman

Smile 2 trailer has been released!

Chromatica and it’s completely different but also still chromatica

Flippy
19 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Smile 2 trailer has been released!

Wait this is the teaser! :oprah: We've had it for 2 months, BUT you are RIGHT!

Here's the new trailer for Smile 2! :excited:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Shook 1

Bowman
16 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Wait this is the teaser! :oprah: We've had it for 2 months, BUT you are RIGHT!

Here's the new trailer for Smile 2! :excited:

Oooops I posted the wrong one :franminervini:

Chromatica and it’s completely different but also still chromatica
  • Love 1

Jase

LOVED the first Smile so I'm hyped af for the second.

This isn't movie releated but I'm going to a horror convention next month where I'm meeting Shawnee Smith (Amanda in Saw), Lin Shaye (Elise in Insidious), and Jenna Kanell + Catherine Corcoran (Art's victims in Terrifier). Can't wait! :giveup: 

• YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

Flippy
23 hours ago, Jase said:

LOVED the first Smile so I'm hyped af for the second.

This isn't movie releated but I'm going to a horror convention next month where I'm meeting Shawnee Smith (Amanda in Saw), Lin Shaye (Elise in Insidious), and Jenna Kanell + Catherine Corcoran (Art's victims in Terrifier). Can't wait! :giveup: 

WAIT!!!! Is it the LA convention?! I recently saw that they were having one and Art the Clown was gonna be there! I really wanted to go, but... The struggle is real :bradley:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Flippy

Also, on a kinda horror note, I'm watching Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice today! :excited: We'll see how it goes!

Jase
14 minutes ago, Flippy said:

WAIT!!!! Is it the LA convention?! I recently saw that they were having one and Art the Clown was gonna be there! I really wanted to go, but... The struggle is real :bradley:

Nope, it's a horror convention held over in Manchester in the UK. No actual Art the Clown this time but I'm happy with who I'm meeting :giveup: 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

TheBadRomancer
On 9/4/2024 at 3:54 PM, Jase said:

Nope, it's a horror convention held over in Manchester in the UK. No actual Art the Clown this time but I'm happy with who I'm meeting :giveup: 

glad you replied to this because i was going to be MAD mad if you were in LA without saying hi!!!! 

• Love 1

Flippy

Just rewatched Strange Darling! REALLY recommend it :flutter: 

• Like 1

Real Panda

weGoKAGqjJI4vGBzQaZNOqmjw5F.jpg

Cuckoo movie non-spoiler review:

I liked it. Its definitely horror. There are scenes with very good use of light and sound to create something scary. The premise is good and intriguing. I love most parts of the writing/story.

However, after watching Cuckoo, I have more questions about it than before I watched. It kept me interested althroughout the film and the acting performances were good. Thats all.

My 2024 Horror Ranking:

1. Oddity

2. Longlegs

3. Maxxxine

4. Late Night With The Devil

5. Abigail

6. The Watchers

7. Cuckoo

8. Baghead

9. Imaginary

10. Tarot

11. Trap

12. Lisa Frankenstein

13. The Strangers - Chapter 1

14. The Beast Within

Edited by Real Panda
  • YAAAS 1

Fantina

OKAY, 

Time for another lengthy post about movies I have seen recently. As Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I decided to start a horror movie marathon where I watch (and rewatch) some of the gems that I missed during the years. Oh, and these reviews/comments will be spoiler free so don't fret about reading them. I won't spoil the major plot points. 

1. Oddity (2024) I am a bit late to the party when it comes to seeing this movie as I have already seen multiple people chatting about it in the thread, but I have just seen it and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  If you are fan of the creepy and eerie atmosphere in films, this movie is definitely for you! Darcy is a stellar character, and her actress really stole the show. I hope she gets more roles in the future! I know it may be kind of cringey to compare the two, but I definitely got some American Horror Story vibes from the plot (more about this in the spoiler below so I can make sure this review stays spoiler free). 

Spoiler

Her character reminded me so much of a supreme in AHS Coven, I DON'T KNOW WHY??? The film felt like a perfect mix between Asylum and Coven since the mental health facility also plays an important role in the film. 

It's a revenge movie done really REALLY well. I watched this movie completely not having seen the trailer and I really didn't expect the wooden doll and the creepy mask killer. If you would have told me that I was going to cheer for a 6ft wooden witch doll to kill the mask guy, I don't know If I would have believed you BUT I DID!!! GO MY PRECIOUS WOODEN WITCH DOLL KILL THE STUPID MASKED GUY :firega:

It is a movie that will keep you on your toes, wondering what's going to happen next. The movie definitely cements 2024 as one of the best recent years of horror, and I can't wait to see what's next !

2. The Empty Man (2020) Apparently the movie suffered a lot because it came out just when COVID-19 hit, so it performed poorly in theatres. Recently, I saw someone recommending it on a YouTube video, so I decided to give it a go. The plot of the movie is really interesting, but unfortunately suffers from a very bad trailer that does it no justice at all. This, plus the fact that the movie is 140 minutes long, I am not surprised that no one is rushing to see it. To keep it short, it's a movie that somehow manages to mix together all different kinds of classic horror movie tropes into a story that you need to piece together. You really need to pay attention and listen to it, in order to fully understand what is going on.  There is a lot of ambiguity in some of the stories and I wouldn't fault you if you found it boring or if you had no idea what was happening most of the times. The opening scene is one of the eeriest I have seen in recent years and sets the tone for the story moving forward. Go watch the trailer (will be provided in the lowermost spoiler) and decide if you want to go see it. 

3. Nightbreed (1990) Clive Barker is a queer horror icon, and you should see this movie since it kind of provides you with a clever metaphor on how queer people were (and still are) treated. It is a really old campy horror movie with amazing prosthetics and outdated effects, but it is one of my favorite horror movies of all time, so I love it. 

Thank you if you decided to read this :runhug: and sorry if you found it too much, I just love writing and talking about horror movies :oops:

The trailers for the movies I mentioned will be in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Fantina

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is AMAZING and might be one of my favorite movies that came out this year :heart: I might just go and see it again :bradley: There was not a SINGLE miss with the casting :firega:

Minor spoilers below

Spoiler

I SCREAMEEEED WHEN THEY STARTED SINGING MCARTHUR'S PARK :giveup:

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • YAAAS 2

Flippy
4 minutes ago, Fantina said:

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is AMAZING and might be one of my favorite movies that came out this year :heart: I might just go and see it again :bradley: There was not a SINGLE miss with the casting :firega:

Minor spoilers below

Reveal hidden contents

I SCREAMEEEED WHEN THEY STARTED SINGING MCARTHUR'S PARK :giveup:

You know, I actually really enjoyed it but I felt like some things were just over so quickly and it made no sense… but other than that, it was great! I’ll probably wait to watch it on digital next! :oops:

• Like 1

Plastic Flower
On 9/2/2024 at 6:52 PM, GUY27 said:

Did anyone see Cuckoo?? I thought it was pretty solid and an original concept.

Late reply but... Beautiful gowns. :huntyga:

Definitely a concept. Not great execution and I wasn't in love with the acting of the line delivery.

Drop it
  • Thanks 1