💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

movie

Horror Movies 2024 - Mega Thread

Flippy

Featured Posts

Cello
3 minutes ago, plane jane said:

ofc not, not officially at least :brat:

Oh that’s sad :( stream it when you can!! 

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Cello
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Also, Romulus just kinda solidified that I need Ridley to hit Gaga up for an Alien film

It's not a want, it's a need

I don't even care if she's just alien bait :enigma:

Gaga and her own version of Jones and I would die :firega:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • YAAAS 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, Cello said:

Gaga and her own version of Jones and I would die :firega:

They would give her a dog and I'd just panic throughout the whole movie :enigma:

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Hyperobject
5 minutes ago, Cello said:

Oh that’s sad :( stream it when you can!! 

oh, TRUST I will, double feature with Longlegs :ororomunroe:

• YAAAS 2

Jase

Seeing Romulus tomorrow and I'm SO hyped. Paid the extra for fancy recliner seats too :classy:

• YAAAS 4
  • Love 2

Quasi
26 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Assuming anyone still reading has seen the movie or doesn't care about spoilers but I'll hide it anyway :huntyga:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a shameless lover of every Alien film and Resurrection was my favorite for a long time. So to see them kinda do a Prometheus styled spin on the ending of Resurrection blew my freaking mind :bradley: and the hybrid is SO UGLY I love him :giveup:

Linking the narrative of Alien directly with the narrative of Prometheus (and potentially Covenant?) is just :bradley:

The black goo :giveup:

The original alien that Ripley blew out of the airlock surviving in a cocoon :giveup:

The zero-g acid blood obstacle course scene :giveup:

Andy showing the best and worst of all three major synthetics (Bishop's love of humanity, Ash/Rook's undying loyalty to corporate goals, and David's f*cking weirdness) :giveup:

The Wey-Yu corporation and more world building around their bastard plans :giveup:

The HYBRID AGAIN :cryga:

Absolutely hit my alien g-spot, I might go see it again ngl :giveup:

Well if his tail was any indication :hor:

A sad lack of musical numbers :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

I didn’t expect any Prometheus connection at all tbh and even though it’s one of my favourite movies I thought it was ok if Romulus was purely a xenomorph movie. So to see Fede incorporate the storylines of Prometheus and the first Alien so seamlessly was so satisfying and heartwarming to see. I know Prometheus is so divisive but seeing that he still took the time to try to connect all the dots shows his commitment to authenticity within the Alien universe. I’m definitely seeing it again, but this time in IMAX. :hor:

EDIT: Can we also talk about how Kay endured more bs than anyone else in the film? Girl is basically dying for the whole last hr of the film.:messga:

Edited by Quasi
I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Gorehound
1 hour ago, Jase said:

Seeing Romulus tomorrow and I'm SO hyped. Paid the extra for fancy recliner seats too :classy:

I'm gonna see it next week I can't wait! Heard great reviews from it.

I'm fine, Ta
  • YAAAS 2

Flippy
3 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

I'm gonna see it next week I can't wait! Heard great reviews from it.

Same! :bradley: this whole thread is now giving me anxious vibes! I wanna watch it NOW :traumatica:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Gorehound

I love horror movies but it's rare that I genuinely get scared or disturbed by them. Guess I've become a bit desensitised to them over the years. The only one that I can think of off the top of my head that actually shocked me is Hereditary. That movie is really good and a great mind-f*ck.

I'm super excited for Robert Egger's rendition of Nosferatu, coming out this Christmas. It looks really artistic and gothic. And his films (The Witch, The Lighthouse, etc) are masterpieces!

But if you guys are ever looking for a fun horror movie that really makes your skin crawl I highly recommend Infested. It's a French movie and is by far the best spider horror I've seen since Arachnophobia. And for anyone who's properly scared of spiders this movie will definitely freak you tf out lol. It's a lot of fun. (Tho you will have to watch it with subtitles because they haven't released it with English dub unfortunately.)

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzQxYTc1

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

PartySick
3 hours ago, Jase said:

There are absolutely no jump scares so feel free to let your guard down :vegas:

2 hours ago, Quasi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn’t expect any Prometheus connection at all tbh and even though it’s one of my favourite movies I thought it was ok if Romulus was purely a xenomorph movie. So to see Fede incorporate the storylines of Prometheus and the first Alien so seamlessly was so satisfying and heartwarming to see. I know Prometheus is so divisive but seeing that he still took the time to try to connect all the dots shows his commitment to authenticity within the Alien universe. I’m definitely seeing it again, but this time in IMAX. :hor:

EDIT: Can we also talk about how Kay endured more bs than anyone else in the film? Girl is basically dying for the whole last hr of the film.:messga:

Spoiler

Kay was one of the rare few I was hoping would live too 'cause she went through so much sh*t :toofunny:

First she's stuck on that garbage world, then she gets knocked up by the biggest asshole of the crew (whose death was absolutely self inflicted, idiot just lied there on the floor while acid poured on him :rip:), chased by the first living alien we see, falls and hurts her leg, gets f*cked over by Andy's new programming, gets mortally wounded and kidnapped by the alien, gets cocooned in the hive but escapes being facehugged, her brother dies saving her, she's left alone with the pathogen and a difficult choice while Rain goes back for Andy, she gives birth to something that looks like a football sized acid filled almond :air:, her baby's now an 8 foot tall mutated monster, and I'm sitting here thinking "oh, she HAS to get the kill shot on this thing, right? And then she, Rain, and Andy go off to Yvaga together, yeah?" Just for the scene to return to her bastard giant son sucking the literal life out of her :toofunny:

A TRAGEDY :toofunny:

Oh, and yeah, as much as I LOVE the Alien franchise, I was one of the few that wanted Scott to move away from the monster slashers and give us more mythology and world building around the engineers. I loved Covenant but it's sad he was pressured into making it. At least we got daddy David out of it :giveup:

• YAAAS 2

Flippy
3 hours ago, Gorehound said:

I love horror movies but it's rare that I genuinely get scared or disturbed by them. Guess I've become a bit desensitised to them over the years. The only one that I can think of off the top of my head that actually shocked me is Hereditary. That movie is really good and a great mind-f*ck.

I'm super excited for Robert Egger's rendition of Nosferatu, coming out this Christmas. It looks really artistic and gothic. And his films (The Witch, The Lighthouse, etc) are masterpieces!

But if you guys are ever looking for a fun horror movie that really makes your skin crawl I highly recommend Infested. It's a French movie and is by far the best spider horror I've seen since Arachnophobia. And for anyone who's properly scared of spiders this movie will definitely freak you tf out lol. It's a lot of fun. (Tho you will have to watch it with subtitles because they haven't released it with English dub unfortunately.)

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzQxYTc1

Omg why haven’t I watched this?! Thank you so much for bringing up Infested… I’m scared of spiders but I definitely will check it out omg! :legend:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Love 1

Gorehound
8 hours ago, Flippy said:

Omg why haven’t I watched this?! Thank you so much for bringing up Infested… I’m scared of spiders but I definitely will check it out omg! :legend:

haha enjoy let me know what you think of it

I'm fine, Ta
  • YAAAS 1

djBuffoon

Recently saw Oddity, Cuckoo, and Alien: Romulus. So different but all of them are must-sees. 

• YAAAS 1

Juniper

Alien Romulus is everything I asked for. So many references to especially the first two movies - which I absolutely L O V E. Aliens from 1986 probably being my favorite movie ever so I was so happy watching it and now I can’t wait to watch it again. After Prometheus and Covenant this was finally a step in the right direction.  

• YAAAS 3