Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Bradley Cooper on fatherhood

Spartacus

Featured Posts

Spartacus

Fatherhood was not what Bradley Cooper expected at first. Movies (and well-meaning relatives) make welcoming a child seem like a Hallmark movie, complete with a supernatural glow that instantly turns you into a mushy, sentimental pile of goo around your new baby. But I’ll let you in on a little secret: that rush of adoration and love for your child doesn’t always come in right away — and that’s totally OK. Cooper opened up about not feeling that love for his daughter Lea immediately after she was born in 2017, and we love that he is talking about this common issue that is often not shared.

On Monday’s episode of Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard podcast, per The Hollywood Reporter, the Maestro star admitted that the first couple months of Lea’s life, he thought, “I don’t even know if I really love the kid.” He continued, “It’s dope. It’s cool. I’m watching this thing morph.” But he didn’t feel that unique bond at first.

“All of a sudden, it’s like no question,” Cooper added about the feelings flooding in.

Partner Postpartum Depression

It’s not something that many people admit to, but it is completely normal to feel weird about your baby at first. Especially if you or your partner has postpartum depression. In fact, one study found that at least one in 10 partners of someone who has just given birth experience postpartum depression, known as “paternal postpartum depression” or “partner postpartum depression.”

You should always talk to your doctor if you are experiencing hopelessness, if you aren’t connecting with your baby, if you’re having a tough time making decisions, if you can’t find joy in things like you used to, and more.

The Star Is Born actor, who shares his daughter with ex Irina Shayk, also revealed how his daughter saved his life.

“I’m not sure I’d be alive if I wasn’t a dad,” he said. “I just needed someone to say, like, ‘We’re gonna drop this massive anchor.’ I’m like, ‘Why? We’re speeding! I just got an upgrade on the boat, and I know where the wind’s coming in.’ They’re like, ‘No, no, no, there’s a tsunami coming in, and you need an anchor and we’re gonna drop it.’ Because this is gonna dictate everything you do from now on. Your DNA is going to tell you that there’s something more important than you.”

In June 2022, Cooper opened up about fatherhood again on the SmartLess podcast with Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, and Sean Hayes. “Fatherhood is … everything changed,” Cooper said, per Glamour. “Every single thing is absolutely shaded by, or brought into glorious colors, by the fact that I get to be a father to a wonderful human being.”

He added that every moment is “the greatest moment of my life.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bradley-cooper-admits-wasn-t-202505993.html

Edited by Spartacus
-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • Love 1

Spartacus

I just don't want people jumping down his throat without understanding the full story.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • Like 1

• Spartacus changed the title to Bradley Cooper on fatherhood
Modern Ecstasy2

It’s a common experience for parents, and one that probably has a lot of stigma attached to it. I think it’s a positive thing that he’s being honest about his experience.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

InTheCloset

‘I wanted Adele or Beyonce to be the father first but that didnt happen. I went to Beyonce’s house to ask her about it while Jay Z was watching Judge Judy’

:vegas:

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • LMAO 6

Roronoa

One of my friends had post party depression and was shamed for it, but she’s working 2 jobs and loves her kid. 

NATAH
3 hours ago, ElectricChapelR said:

I wonder if he will ever come out of the closet

??? what a weird thing to say on a thread about his kids :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 5

Conservative Mom

he is doing fine as a dad :vegas: Cheers 🍷

Edited by Conservative Mom
Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

G U C C I

He really hasn’t been the same overly laughing asshole he was since ASIB. Gaga’s impact really knows no bounds 

RAMROD

Post Partum depression is a real thing. BUT.., no way he is saying stuffs like if he would care her child getting shot loudly. This stuffs should be reserved with your therapist. And he is saying this in the middle of his Oscars campaign  too?!! This interview can be a boomerang on him with the voters, if he was a slight be considered in the first place at that :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Post Partum depression is a real thing. BUT.., no way he is saying stuffs like if he would care her child getting shot loudly. This stuffs should be reserved with your therapist. And he is saying this in the middle of his Oscars campaign  too?!! This interview can be a boomerang on him with the voters, if he was a slight be considered in the first place at that :bradley:

Maybe don't police what people can say in their interviews about their lived experiences? It is, after all, their campaign and their career.

Edited by Bradley

Ashley
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I agree, this is the full quote for anyone interested since it wasn’t in the OP

“First 8 months, I don’t even know if I really love the kid. It’s dope. I’m watching this thing morph… Fascinated by it. Loved taking care of it. But would I die if someone came in with a gun?”

Idk it’s good he’s opening up about his experience, but there’s other ways he could have said it. You can say you didn’t feel an immediate connection with your baby without saying you wouldn’t care if they were shot. I think he has a very callous way of speaking sometimes that can be off-putting. Like you said as well that can be very polarizing.

Edited by AshIey
  • Like 1

TheFame Monster
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Maybe don't police what people can say in their interviews about their lived experiences? It is, after all, their campaign and their career.

you can’t be serious :bradley:

is that you Bradley Cooper :icant: