Modern Ecstasy2

Not this thread being almost 20 pages 

Edit: 20 pages :vegas:

Edited by Modern Ecstasy2
“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • LMAO 4

Obobo
3 hours ago, SevenAteNine said:

much more goes into making makeup than just "selling paint" creating the pallet, designing the box, coming up with a concept and naming the colors accordingly, thats creating and creating is art. 

If we start labeling any discipline like cosmetic formulation as art, then art is meaningless.

I'm a marketer and have several years of experience working for an LA beauty brand. Let me tell you in marketing departments; creatives have no final say. The creation of cosmetic products isn't art because it wasn't created for art's sake but based on market research and to generate profit.

I don't think the tools should be considered art because the tool isn't what makes the art. Art is the skill to use the tools at one's disposal, the final product/message, and the artist. Haus Labs can easily be replaced by whatever product to create a look but you can't replace an artist and their art. Example: Sarah Tanno could not replace Gaga's previous makeup artists' talent. So many artists say cliches like "it's not the camera you use" or "A bad workman blames his tools" for a reason.

Regardless, if we try to romanticize the color story of beauty palettes and want to gaze at awe-inspiring concepts. You can't do that with how boring Haus Labs is.

• Thanks 3

Bronco
3 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

The capitalism is always obvious like in everything or everywhere. Based on what you’re saying, an artist can only exist in full potential and authenticity in a world where there’s no capitalism at all or they have to perfectly hide it and perform as it didn’t exist. Art and artists do exist in the real world we live in. 

No you've definitely misread/misunderstood my point. 

The whole point of advertising, which is an essential product of capitalism, is making the consumer want what you're selling. There's then the additional brand establishment etc where you focus on creating a consumer community to market to directly & regularly. Gaga's not really doing either well recently. She's maintaining relative silence on key products her consumer community is seeking like new music, new visuals, concert footage etc. Meanwhile what she is promoting, often using the stuff the fans want, is things like Nuretec & Haus Labs. And it's tarnishing her music brand, especially things like a 2 year minimum wait for TCB footage but it gets included in a much criticised medical promotion (Which I won't get into the ethics of). 

You have to carry the consumers with you as you diversify, she was doing a good job of this until they dropped the original rollout plans for Chromatica. If Chromatica had happened as an undisrupted era a lot of consumer burnout wouldn't be happening right now. 

But yeah, there has to be a level of sneakiness & performativity to marketing because no one wants to feel taken advantage of. Things like Taylor Swift's latest vinyl gimmick, Rina's 50th edition of Hold the Girl, Gaga & Nurtec etc are things where the mask slips and people see the ugly side of the art when they want to pretend there's only the nice side. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

comparing advertising of fame perfume to haus labs it’s clear that there’s no art in HL, pure commerce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Fantina

I can understand both sides BUT I will say that some of yall are overreacting when it comes to Haus Labs. I applaud them for being inclusive and actually having an amazing spokesperson behind the brand. Don't know the prices since I am not a makeup guru, but I do remember some people saying they were affordable, nothing too crazy unlike most celeb products these days.  

Having said all of this, I kinda disagree with what she said. Art and capitalism can in theory be friends but in practice....not so much lol 

Edited by Fantina
Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.

JohnnyVersace

Whatever I love HL and my expectation for new music is on the floor to avoid disappointment.

Lemme apply some more PHD lip oil and Triclone concealer while y'all continue to yap :madge:

• YAAAS 1

Gaga2645

I think the narrative in this thread has just shifted back to “i hate haus labs” LMAO and now everybody is taking her words outta context 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 5

SOON
16 minutes ago, Logan said:

bridesmaids-are-you-fucking-kidding-me.g

this. If she hadn't say stuff like this all throughout her career, her statement on the summit wouldn't affect me :green:

and no I don't hate capitalism, it 's not the capitalism we're mad about, it's the contradiction of her words

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua
  • Like 2

Pennywise

Btw she is wrong and some people can see that, and they are reading her to filth on Twitter for this... statement. 

Not that people on Twitter matter.

But she's still wrong. Then again, I don't really care any further than making this comment, because it's not like the fans who worship her will ever get it, and it is pointless to argue in this website, or in any website, really. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rat Q

I’m a disabled u.s. citizen existing on 500-600 dollars a month after bills. I don’t think I can involve myself in this conversation either way still 🥲

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"
  • Love 6

MadArchitect
44 minutes ago, SOON said:

this. If she hadn't say stuff like this all throughout her career, her statement on the summit wouldn't affect me :green:

and no I don't hate capitalism, it 's not the capitalism we're mad about, it's the contradiction of her words

gurl, there's no contradiction, she's not saying here that capitalism is good or anything, only that art can co-exist with it, and it can.

MadArchitect
44 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Btw she is wrong and some people can see that, and they are reading her to filth on Twitter for this... statement. 

Not that people on Twitter matter.

But she's still wrong. Then again, I don't really care any further than making this comment, because it's not like the fans who worship her will ever get it, and it is pointless to argue in this website, or in any website, really. 

how is she wrong exactly? im sure there must be commercially successful projects that ride the capitalistic machine in one way or another and that you'd still consider art pieces and you would say both commerce and art interject and co-exist.