đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

celeb

Peppa Pig faces backlash from US parents

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Chromamama
1 hour ago, Vengaboy said:

It amazes me how some parents seem to think that it is anyone’s but their own responsibility to raise their kids. Not every character on tv is made to be a role model. Teach your kid what’s right and wrong instead of depending on a cartoon pig to do it. Or just don’t have children if you’re not up for the job :)  

Period

misha4ever

those shitty moms reminds me the medieval parents in my country, trying to ban anything that seems like fun

english is not my native language >.<

Chromamama

I hate this new generation of "gentle" parenting. It causes more harm than good, and honestly why do they rely on Children's programs to teach whats right and wrong when thats the parents job as parents? So many times over the past year I've been in eating out and sitting next to young familys and all I hear is the devices stuck infront of the kids with programs and/or games. How are they meant to understand social behaviours if this is what the parents do to them in restaurants? 

How hard is it to change the TV? I mean if you don't like Peppa Pig for your children then don't put it on. Istg :saladga:

• Like 2

Chromamama
4 minutes ago, misha4ever said:

those shitty moms reminds me the medieval parents in my country, trying to ban anything that seems like fun

The memes are hilarious 

• LMAO 1

migamiga

you know you that bitch when you cause all that conversation

Edited by migamiga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RodeckDanny

Ahh haters are gonna hate on our Queen Peppa - talent is always misunderstood

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)
  • YAAAS 2

hieronymus

I mean you guys can complain about the parents as much as you want, and you're all correct, but also... They're 100% correct. Peppa Pig is an asshole. Although not nearly as big of an asshole as Caillou. I will not be accepting further inquiries, but I'll have you know I have a bunch of baby cousins and siblings, so bĂ­tch, I know better than you.

Also stan Franklin and Bluey.

Edited by hieronymus
  • Like 2

SharkmanthaC

I mean Angelica from Rugrats was also rude? Rude cartoon characters aren’t a new thing. Maybe if they parented their kids instead of complained on Twitter. 

she/her/hers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Pennywise

US parents are just completely insane, and I pray I never have to work at a level below university in this country :alsemanche:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

eeveevil

I grew up watching peeps and I’m not impatient and I’m very respectful, while my cousin who didn’t watch papa is very impatient and rude.

(well i hope i’m not rude and impatient)

Always a couple seconds away from having a mental breakdown

Ashley

I kinda see where they’re coming from. If you look up “peppa pig rude” there’s countless videos, including one where she calls her dad fat. Yes it’s the parents job to teach their children how to behave, but they’re very impressionable, and seeing a character behaving unkind might send the wrong message. If I had kids I probably wouldn’t let them watch this.

• Like 2

Economy

I mean kids under a certain age can be extremely impressionable and immitate things and absorb behaviours like a sponge. Theres a reason little kids shows tend to be extremely innocent and normally teaching values (im especially taking kids under 6 or 7). So I cant TOTALLY say i dont get the concern

But at the end of the day who are the parents to demand a tv bend to their demands? If u do not think a show is appropriate for your young child dont let them whatch it. Its still your job to parent not a tv show.

If i had a kid and didnt like a show Id just have them not whatch it simple as that. Would not go around protesting and self righteously tell others whats appropriate and isnt

Also i havent really whatched pepa big but id imagine its not as serious as they are making it out to be

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

Dancing Shadow

then dont leave parenting to the tv.

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"