💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Peppa Pig faces backlash from US parents

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

“Peppa Pig” is a wildly popular English cartoon about the adventures of a cheeky preschooler pig who lives with her mummy, daddy and brother. Peppa was the fourth most in-demand children series worldwide in 2023. But as a new generation focuses on more gentle and respectful child rearing techniques, more parents are pushing back against Peppa, concerned she’s a bad influence.

Peppa is rude and impatient, and the show teaches kids that this is who she is and that it’s OK,” says Kayla Tychsen, a 33-year-old parenting coach in Houston. She referenced episodes where Peppa groans when her father has to stop the car for an errand, or when Peppa demands he give her his spot on the couch. 

Ayesha Khaliq, a 36-year-old content creator and mom, believes Peppa hasn’t kept pace with the times, especially for millennial parents trying to raise socially sensitive kids.

“Peppa acts the way any child might act but she isn’t taught that it’s unkind,” says Khaliq. “The mom should jump in and say, ‘Now hang on, it’s rude to hang up on your friend.’

peppa-pig-hang-up.gif

Melissa McIntosh, a 41-year-old makeup artist, turned off Peppa over her treatment of her little brother. “We don’t need her nasty behaviors in our house.
When her little brother, George, cried lawn-sprinkler tears when he couldn’t remember where he had left his beloved toy dinosaur, Peppa told him, “Oh, well. Mr. Dinosaur is lost forever then.”

It’s the “daddy shaming” that bothers Alicia Savory, a 33-year-old preschool teacher in Surrey, England.  “The show sends a message that Mommy Pig is the key parent and Daddy Pig is the fun and silly one,” she says. “Young families are trying to move away from the idea that daddies are just there for play.”

Asgari was drawn to the British animated series for its five-minute episodes and simple plotlines. She thought it would help Luca with language development. But after watching several episodes, she has decided she doesn’t like its pink porcine protagonist. “Peppa is a brat,” says Asgari.
https://www.wsj.com/business/media/peppa-pig-brat-backlash-kids-cartoon-12a51cbf

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 30
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 2

Vengaboy

It amazes me how some parents seem to think that it is anyone’s but their own responsibility to raise their kids. Not every character on tv is made to be a role model. Teach your kid what’s right and wrong instead of depending on a cartoon pig to do it. Or just don’t have children if you’re not up for the job :)  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 34

madmagical6

I think Pegga Pig is the last thing we should be worrying about.

The only thing parents need to worry about is LG7! :sis:

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 4
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon

Peppa Pig doesn't deserve this slander, but Ruby from Max and Ruby needs to be dragged for her behavior. Ruby is a bitch.

• LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Karl

Peppa pig is *unt, they hate that she's constantly winning :firega:

Edited by Karl
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 3

NichuuB

They cant see a british gal winning

Peppa speak your TRUTH!!!

Make Up Tutorial Social Media GIF by Peppa Pig

Property of @Whale
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3

River

Millennial parents are the worst.. they actually care about their kids and it's just annoying.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 6

CharlieQuinn

She is kinda rude TBH. Drag ha, annihilate ha. :stupidoreo:

The only acceptable pig is Swine by Lady Gaga. :gayhat:

LG2008

Blaming a cartoon for their bad parenting and their kids being brats? Lol :ladyhaha:

Peppa keeps winning... The last mpg :firega:

• LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1