series

Netflix Avatar: The Last Airbender OUT

River

Featured Posts

Galvon

I've seen 4 episodes, and even though I enjoy all the references and seeing what they adapted from the original, it's obvious that this kind of show works better in animation. This live action looks nice and I like most of the actors, but it still feels a bit empty and unnatural to me. I probably will watch the rest of it eventually, but I rather just rewatch the original. The fact that this liveaction adaption exists, and it being succesful, shows how beloved the original is, but we still didn't need this liveaction. Most liveactions are not needed. It's just disrespectful to animation as a whole. A forgotten cartoon may benefit from a liveaction adaption, but popular series like Avatar really don't need one. The original is still great.

Edited by Galvon

Noah
2 hours ago, River said:

@Noah you were right, I really enjoyed episode 2 :giveup:

Suki :giveup:

I'm so happy <3 I'm currently on Episode 6 and to me, that's the best of the Show so far! 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Love 1

River
9 minutes ago, Noah said:

I'm so happy <3 I'm currently on Episode 6 and to me, that's the best of the Show so far! 

Maybe  I'll catch up this weekend.

I think the whole hype should make them realize that we really need an HD remaster of the cartoon, it could give so much more to it

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Thanks 1

Noah
4 minutes ago, River said:

Maybe  I'll catch up this weekend.

I think the whole hype should make them realize that we really need an HD remaster of the cartoon, it could give so much more to it

Yep! but wouldn't you have to re-animate the whole thing? I think they tried an HD Remaster for the Blu-Ray release but it never looked as smooth as TLOK

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

River
1 minute ago, Noah said:

Yep! but wouldn't you have to re-animate the whole thing? I think they tried an HD Remaster for the Blu-Ray release but it never looked as smooth as TLOK

yeah you're right, they might do a Bad Romance and try to upscale it at least to 720p

Noah
Just now, River said:

yeah you're right, they might do a Bad Romance and try to upscale it at least to 720p

I think the problem is that it just costs too much money to the point, where Paramount knows that if they just sell it to streaming Services like Netflix or Amazon, they're still making enough money :/ 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

River
12 minutes ago, Noah said:

I think the problem is that it just costs too much money to the point, where Paramount knows that if they just sell it to streaming Services like Netflix or Amazon, they're still making enough money :/ 

yeah that's annoying but maybe one day :flutter:

Noah
1 minute ago, River said:

yeah that's annoying but maybe one day :flutter:

you know what? Maybe next year? The Gaang Movie will come out in October and it (allegedly) will have a cinematic release, so it would be cool to remaster the whole Show in anticipation for that AND the new Avatar Series! 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Morphine Prince

I finished it.

I really enjoyed the last episode.

Overall I'd say 7/10. I feel like they can greatly improve in the following seasons.

I enjoyed the series and appreciate it for what it is.

• Love 1

Glomer

I've watched the first episode and I'm stopping right there before I get disappointed further. For me, the acting is poor and characterization looks costumy, making everything seem out of place. Also not a fan of some of the changes they made right away.

I'm glad some people are enjoying it, though. Like someone else said here, this series is a great exposure for the franchise and might lead to more good quality content being made, like I'm sure the 2025 animated movie they just announced will be.