Jump to content
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Netflix Avatar: The Last Airbender OUT


River
 Share

Featured Posts

River

AAAAQcYmae8vUD5R1RYyKoC--khCdxJlkicFun4n..

 

So did you like it???

How will you rank it so far?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah

Only watched the first few Episodes and I like it so far! I do think some of the changes were needed for a Live-Action and if you're watching this with an open-mind, you'll find more things to enjoy than to hate. I really am excited to see where the Show is going, considering it has many changes to the Original. I do think all of the Hate on Twitter was unwarranted, since most key elements of the original are still present. I'd give it a 7/10 so far.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

River

I just watched the first episode and..

1. I didn't like that it started with a flashback that happens very very late in the original.

2. The CGI is a mix of impressive in one second and meh "neverending story level" kind of CGI the next second

3. The FPS is like 20, wtf?

4. Sokka lost his funny?

5. Felt a bit rush, the comedy was not there.

6. Katara's actress acting was soso

 

idk, I guess some cartoons should just stat cartoons.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah
Just now, River said:

I just watched the first episode and..

1. I didn't like that it started with a flashback that happens very very late in the original.

Very late? Doesn't it happen by Episode "The Storm"? That's like Episode 6 iirc?

Just now, River said:

2. The CGI is a mix of impressive in one second and meh "neverending story level" kind of CGI..

3. The FPS is like 20, wtf?

I do agree that the Slo-Mo Shots sometimes look a bit strange. Someone online suggested to rewatch fighting Scenes in 1.25x Speed and they automatically look insanely better.

Just now, River said:

4. Sokka lost his funny?

5. Felt a bit rush, the comedy was not there.

I agree with this for EP.1 it was very much a re-telling and had to get the basic points across. I assure you that the following Episodes will have a lot more heartfelt and funny moments. If you love Sokka, Episode 2 is for you! heh

Just now, River said:

6. Katara's actress acting was soso

I see your point. I think the actress didn't have much to work with tho, Kataras lines were very short / straight to the point in EP.1. 

Just now, River said:

idk, I guess some cartoons should just stat cartoons.

I get that, but also, think of all the people being re-introduced into Avatar. This being a success would not only mean much for the Live-Action but also other Avatar-based projects, since it shows investors where profit can be made. I just see this as an alternate Version. The Cartoon will always exist and have its charms and this is just a re-imagined Version. Very much Stupid Love at Jazz + Piano :sis: 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

River
Just now, Noah said:

Very late? Doesn't it happen by Episode "The Storm"? That's like Episode 6 iirc?

Isn't it like really after he finds the lost monks and then they tells him what happens from their preservative and he remembers everything? I think it was like after he learns at least earthbending

2 minutes ago, Noah said:

I do agree that the Slo-Mo Shots sometimes look a bit strange. Someone online suggested to rewatch fighting Scenes in 1.25x Speed and they automatically look insanely better.

I kinda disliked the matrix-like moments, felt weird

I'll rewatch with this speed, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Noah said:

I agree with this for EP.1 it was very much a re-telling and had to get the basic points across. I assure you that the following Episodes will have a lot more heartfelt and funny moments. If you love Sokka, Episode 2 is for you! heh

oh can't wait! tomorrow I'll watch it

3 minutes ago, Noah said:

I see your point. I think the actress didn't have much to work with tho, Kataras lines were very short / straight to the point in EP.1. 

I feel like it was her expressions, like she was holding herself back.. but she's young and it's her first time in this characters, so maybe in the next episodes she will be more natural with katara

4 minutes ago, Noah said:

I get that, but also, think of all the people being re-introduced into Avatar. This being a success would not only mean much for the Live-Action but also other Avatar-based projects, since it shows investors where profit can be made. I just see this as an alternate Version. The Cartoon will always exist and have its charms and this is just a re-imagined Version. Very much Stupid Love at Jazz + Piano :sis: 

It's.. tough... Aang (just like Sora from Kingdom Hearts for example) really has a special place for me, this weird connection that u make with a character, so I know it's stupid and I need to open my mind and it's just "another" version, but I do get it personally when I see all those changes :laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah
10 minutes ago, River said:

Isn't it like really after he finds the lost monks and then they tells him what happens from their preservative and he remembers everything? I think it was like after he learns at least earthbending

I swear it was in The Storm where his Memories come back to him and he sees the corpse, but I don't know... could be wrong :selena:

10 minutes ago, River said:

I kinda disliked the matrix-like moments, felt weird

I'll rewatch with this speed, thanks!

oh can't wait! tomorrow I'll watch it

I hope you find some joy in watching it, I know it's not the same.. but it got its charms! The more Episodes pass, the more you'll fall in love with the characters, even if they're not the same lol

10 minutes ago, River said:

I feel like it was her expressions, like she was holding herself back.. but she's young and it's her first time in this characters, so maybe in the next episodes she will be more natural with katara

It's.. tough... Aang (just like Sora from Kingdom Hearts for example) really has a special place for me, this weird connection that u make with a character, so I know it's stupid and I need to open my mind and it's just "another" version, but I do get it personally when I see all those changes :laughga:

:heart: I mean if it's not for you, at least you have the Gaang Movie in October 2025 <3 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

MaybeKermit

I get that we can all have opinions amd it’s okay to “dislike” it

BUT I will say that I find it absolutey ridiculous how some people are bashing it, just because how much they loved the animated series and feel like they didnt do it justice

it’s really irritating me!

S1 of ATLA was kinda silly with  A LOT of filler episodes ? It’s a series that progressively gets darker, deeper and better. And by S3 everything explodes, literally.

We just received the live action series and from what I’ve seen we’ve:

- an amazing cast

- amaziiiiiiing visuals

- a CRAZY ASS BUDGET

- a team in front and behind the scenes THAT LOVES AND ADORES THE MATERIAL LIKE WE DO

I’ve only watched episode 1, but if that’s any indication for what’s to come visual/story wise: I am more than 100% happy !!!!! 

yes there are some changes, but they were necessary to make the story more serious/deeper.

im really really liking it and im so happy everythinthg looks amazing

Those openly hating on it should take a chill pill, calm down, and start again bcs I cant imagine saying it’s “bad” lmao

Edited by MaybeKermit
Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD

I actually enjoyed it so far. Glad it is not scene by scene remakes. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked it but not loved it, didn’t like how saturated the colors were and I’m a huge fan of the animated series so it was weird (almost cringe) seeing actual people acting but I guess for someone who hasn’t watched the cartoon it’s ok

Link to post
Share on other sites

LordByron28

I’ve seen the first four and so far have really enjoyed it. Actors have been doing a great job. With the exception of Bumi’s character, I’ve really been enjoying the changes. Including them adding some material from the comics and introducing Azula earlier. This meets/exceeds my expectations of a live action retelling of Avatar season 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

iAstroLeo

2 more episodes for me, and I have been loving it! The end fight scene of the second episode WAS EVERYTHING!!! I didn’t enjoy how Bumi worked out, but the way that they joined The Northern Air Temple episode with Omashu was very clever, we even got the secret tunnel song :giveup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

bpmMonkey

The child acting is pretty… bad? The show looks amazing, feels a little rushed tho. I think the writing is good, they have their jokes which most times land if you know the source material. Aangs actor is sadly not very good in the role, which makes it pretty rough to watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

CyanLights

I have to admit I am not loving this so far. I watched the first episode and felt empty.  notably:  

(1) the acting is really forced and subpar. Katara is emotionless. 


(2) the order of events feels rushed. The whole point of the series was to learn as Aang was learning. Not knowing everything at the start of a show is okay 

(3) the character choices are strange. Sokka’s sexism is literally what awakens Aang (and something he slowly grows out of over the course of the series, showing huge character development).

(4) Katara using water bending to slow/stop the fire from Zuko was a dumb choice imo. In the cartoon, Aang water bends I believe which was the first time he shows the fire nation he truly is the Avatar.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince

Halfway in and here are my thoughts: 

1. The acting could be better. Zuko's actor is probably the best.

2. Visually stunning

3. They combined certain characters and situations and I think so far it's working. We knew this wouldn't be a carbon copy of the animated show and condensed into fewer episodes so I don't mind it. 

4. I like how they showed the Air Nomad Genocide. 

- I'll reassess when I finish but overall I'm enjoying it. 

This is an adaption that has to be enjoyed as its own thing. I find it mostly faithful to the feeling of the animated version. Some of the changes I think are hindering to character development but we'll see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

River

@Noah you were right, I really enjoyed episode 2 :giveup:

Suki :giveup:

 

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...