Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga Release... How Will She Fare With Her Pears?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

So Taylor Swift is releasing soon and Katy Perry suggested she may this year as well. If Gaga releases she will overlap two of her original competitors (friendly competiton tho lets not make this a nasty hate train)

How do you think Gaga will fare or stand out and will she be overshadowed?

Not as concerned about Katy Perry now, more just interesting they may release at the same time. But Taylor Swift, if they release too close together she getting all the attention and no way Gaga will have a hope in hell of a #1 :ladyhaha: (yes i like to see her do well in charts, bite me :koons:)

• Like 2

Rifek

I think Gaga doesn’t give a f*** about it nowadays 

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️
  • Like 8
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

tylerjs

Realistically, probably overshadowed in terms of attention and sales. Not that she cares, but Gaga just isn’t easily digestible to the GP even now and they don’t come out for her like they once did. Not a fan of Taylor but she could easily crush any artist in numbers and it wouldn’t be close. Literally any artist alive, tbh. 

Edited by soularpower
🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Like 8

Anderson123

At first I thought she'd go the original Chromatica plan with 1st single in February, album in April and that could still happen if she wants to release it before Taylor's. Maybe the album is not ready yet and if she really does care that much about not clashing with someone else, then maybe move it to May/June or even July because Ariana is dropping in March and there's been a couple of other stuff these weeks.

• Like 1

palma

Gaga’s doing good in her own lane. She’s too established to care for competition. I don’t think TS has any peers in the industry and frankly I would rather have a fulfilling era that overlaps with Taylor’s rather than to wait until TS withdraws. She’s releasing every 6 months anyways.

Katy is a non-factor to be honest. :bear:

• Like 14

Aga Gydal

All three of these artists make music for their fans, so as long as their fans show up (they will), then their expectations will be met. 

If all three fanbases show up launch week, then I’d ballpark 1M for Taylor, 200k for Gaga, 100k for Katy. 

In the off-chance that Gaga gets a “Flowers” moment will depend completely on the type of song/album it is and if the public happens to cling to it. It’s impossible to predict 

Edited by Aga Gydal
  • Like 5

gagzus

Gaga’s very much in the same lane as Beyoncé that she’s now a legacy artist and has longevity that goes beyond even her music now, which Taylor doesn’t tbh

yes Taylor has her sales and popularity now but she will inevitably have a fall eventually, every artist ages out eventually and Taylor will probably too when she’s about Gaga’s age or a bit younger. But unlike Gaga she has nothing else to fall back on really.

so short answer;

Gaga will still do fine, she has a solid fan base and enough GP support, especially if the music is to their taste (and by the sounds of it she might be going in that direction after doing dance music again and it not hitting the same in the wider audience)

Edited by gagzus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

HelloHangoverz
11 minutes ago, soularpower said:

Me on January 2nd after one day of healthy eating

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

HelloHangoverz

I feel like as time goes on Gaga is starting to look more and more like a legacy act in the vein of Elton John, Barbara Streisand etc. I just don't think the label is as focused on how other pop girlies might interfere with her rollout. She's just spent several years winning the GP over with TSOM, C2C, ASIB etc so she's not as dependent on the pop girlie demographic as she once was. Plus I think it's a little outdated and 2010s to think this is how labels prepare for major releases in an age of everybody being in their own internet bubble and most music marketing happening within those bubbles on the internet. It's not like they have to fight for the same slot on Good Morning America anymore haha

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Like 10

Reality

Well, she ain't touching Taylor's numbers that's for sure :selena: Taylor Swift now is insane in terms of the numbers she's able to pull.

She's more competitive with Katy, though truthfully I don't think she cares about the charts and stuff. I mean, she probably cares a little, but it's not her primary focus. If it was, she would've been releasing more music. I think she's much more interested in making music for music's sake, and I also think she's more interested in having a diverse and sustainable career. That's evident in the projects she does (e.g., music, make-up, movies, philanthropy, etc.) and the artists she surrounds herself with and gets inspriation from (e.g., Elton, Tony, Bowie, Rolling Stones, etc.). 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

Emigrante

She keeps her pears 🍐 very close to herself as you can see on 5 ft. 2 documentary.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • LMAO 8
  • YAAAS 1

Dennis

The only peers Gaga is worried about is fellow actresses who'll compete for the 2025 BA Oscar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quentin
32 minutes ago, Reality said:

though truthfully I don't think she cares about the charts and stuff

Once during the Chromatica era or just before or after SL she said something like; that she wanted the whole world to hear her songs

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream
  • Like 2

Lucas

She'd get destroyed by Taylor. I expect a Taylor's album's 7th week to sell more than a Gaga debut week tbh.

But we should totally ignore charts and enjoy the music for what it is. I highly suggest everyone to stay away from Gagadaily and any social media like Twitter during the release week to make your own opinion without being affected by others'

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1