💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lil Nas X Responded To Universal Backlash Of His Upcoming New Single

RAMROD

Featured Posts

elijahfan

He's cute, but that doesn't sound entirely honest... He knew what he was doing there :laughga:

7 hours ago, Roronoa said:

Maybe he should focus more on the quality of the music rather than the shock value (which he seems to default to these days). 

I think he's proven by now he's able to deliver on these different fronts.

Aussie

I’m sorry but he cannot possibly believe his imagery is not mocking Jesus or religion. He knows exactly what he is doing. At least own it, don’t call others stupid for reacting to the obvious. If you are playing with religious imagery and having a laugh at it, you are expecting reactions, rage etc Especially when done in such a tasteless and tacky marketing way. I love Lil NAS X and hope his music is as good as his first album but come on, don’t act dumb man.

• Like 3

Borislshere

What did he expect? He does all of this for attention. Every pop star that’s used religious imagery like this has been vilified. Was he genuinely expecting this to be any different? He’s literally posed as Jesus Christ himself on the cross 😭 if you can’t take the heat…

• Thanks 2

Ladle Ghoulash
8 hours ago, pachinko said:

Why not post the questionable artwork? 

Pachinko stays allergic to Google

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

4BLAiNE

If Lil Nas X trusted his musical skill and integrity, he wouldn’t need to continuously pull stunts to make people care about his music. These cheap ploys for attention only proving the lack thereof. 

Edited by 4BLAiNE
  • Like 1

djBuffoon

I really liked his debut album, and (even as an atheist) I just hope that the album’s material is worthy of the visuals he’s evoking. My guess is it will not, but we’ll see. 

YASKALE
8 hours ago, Karl said:

literally swallowed rosary beads

uhhh that's CONSUMED THE DIVINE to you missy.'

Spoiler

:heart::staymad:

Edited by YASKALE

EGOT2027

i love him but this bit is getting old. there hasn't even been backlash this time.........he just wants there to be for promo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

gagzus

I mean… the music isn’t exactly gonna match up though, it’ll still be him being low-key mediocre over a trap beat about being in love with men (probably Jesus) 

27monster27

Why are so many gays willing put another down over something as simple as this? You would think we would stick together over a man who has been at the forefront in recent years of gay rights.

he/him/his
  • Thanks 2

ChavaWM

The photo isn't shocking, or really controversial at all. There's nothing distasteful or blasphemous about it. It's just honestly basic and cringe. He's manufacturing controversy and in my opinion, it's very tame

Nickypie101

I didn’t like the pics and don’t think it does the lgbt any favors, but I’m not mad. However this denial attitude and acting like he didn’t know what he was doing or his intention is just absurd and really pisses me off. If you’re gonna mock religion call it what it is and be proud of it, otherwise don’t, and don’t cry when you’re called out, you knew it was gonna happen.

Babel
2 hours ago, 4BLAiNE said:

If Lady Gaga trusted his musical skill and integrity, she wouldn’t need to continuously pull stunts to make people care about his music. These cheap ploys for attention only proving the lack thereof. 

Popular thoughts from 2010

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Gagaism

I don’t see anything mockery about that design. I feel like it was just something thought as “oh ok, let’s make a cross AI inspired so we can fit the visual theme for real lifetime purposes”. I’m not denying the controversy aspect of it, it’s part of pop culture at the end of the day. Even though some people feel like tired of it, dealing with beliefs specially when we talk about Christians and conservatives, those things are going to be always shocking or bothering to them. 

People are just going too far on their judgments. I mean, we know judgements have always been here but the way social media got to be part of our lives it feels like, as I’ve heard from someone else the other day, we are all living in a Colosseum of modern times.

• Thanks 1

4BLAiNE
4 hours ago, Babel said:

Popular thoughts from 2010

Absolutely fair point - but I feel there is a chasm of difference between Gaga’s artistic respect shown in her handling of the subject matter and his here.  Judas (eg.) ≠ this.