music news

Doja Cat announces Europe dates for ‘The Scarlet Tour’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

UK and the place where she can smoke pot + a shopping day in Paris = Europe

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 11

dimitristhe

Tour dates are getting ridiculous. Just UK, France, Netherlands and 2 random countries. Why every artist is forgetting the Balkans? 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright
  • Thanks 3

BlingNotTheMusic
8 hours ago, RAMROD said:

"Europe"

awkward-oh-my-god.gif

Serving Joanne WORLD Tour :lmao:

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • LMAO 2

Future Lovers
12 hours ago, dimitristhe said:

Why every artist is forgetting the Balkans? 

For a few of the Balkan countries--especially Romania--it's the proximity to an ongoing war. There's an unspoken rule with tours right now to stay as far away from Eastern Europe as possible due to the unpredictability of that situation. The furthest over a tour will go is Austria, maybe (and it's a big maybe), Hungary but not further over than that. So option wise that just leaves the western part of the Balkans and when it comes to that, a lot of times it's just down to infrastructure, and by that I just mean no venues that appropriate for that specific tour. There's very few arenas in those countries that are big enough, and not every artist is capable of hitting the stadiums. 

Chelseyadkins31

Not even Colonge or Berlin? My friends in Europe all say she's pretty popular in their countries. She could easily have done Zurich, Colonge, Berlin, Milan, Madrid or Barcelona, and maybe Copenhagen and Stockholm. SZA also had a short EU Arena tour when she could have done more

1 hour ago, Future Lovers said:

For a few of the Balkan countries--especially Romania--it's the proximity to an ongoing war. There's an unspoken rule with tours right now to stay as far away from Eastern Europe as possible due to the unpredictability of that situation. The furthest over a tour will go is Austria, maybe (and it's a big maybe), Hungary but not further over than that. So option wise that just leaves the western part of the Balkans and when it comes to that, a lot of times it's just down to infrastructure, and by that I just mean no venues that appropriate for that specific tour. There's very few arenas in those countries that are big enough, and not every artist is capable of hitting the stadiums. 

Croatia? There is a number of international acts with announced concerts for next year already… and Zagreb has arena that can take up to 22K people for concerts making it bigger than some Arenas in western countries…

Edited by Ivannn
  • Thanks 1

Fantina
3 hours ago, Future Lovers said:

I think we definitely have decent infrastructure. I mean, Ed Sheeran is coming next year, and Miley performed recently. Avril also has a date next year. We do get a lot of rock bands too. My guess is that most artists and their teams don't want the extra hassle to figure things out logistically. Because of this they try to focus their attention on countries that always sell out and venues that have already been tested out.

Also, I don't see this being brought up but most tours these days seem like an afterthought. Back in the day each date would get their own unique setlist/costumes/intros/meetups. Nowadays it seems like the attention is more on the pre-release and hype and when it releases, they pick the same 10 tour locations and that's pretty much it.

Edited by Fantina
Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • Like 1