Jump to content

💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Poll: Which festival will Joker 2 premiere in?


LateToCult
 Share

Joker’s Film Festival   

85 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Festival?

    • Sundance (January)
      1
    • Berlin (February)
      1
    • Cannes (May)
      13
    • Venice (August/September)
      51
    • Toronto (September)
      18
    • Other/Smaller Festival
      1


Featured Posts

LateToCult

Sundance is right around the corner, which means Oscar-hungry films for the 2025 ceremony are already gearing up for their campaigns. 
Which of the major film festivals do we think Joker 2 will premiere at? 

Edited by LateToCult
Link to post
Share on other sites

Venice. 

that's where the first Joker film had its world premier if I do recall. Also I need another Gaga Venice moment, that was iconic. 

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD

The first ine premiered at Venice, where it won the golden lion, they could repeat that move again.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ʳᵘᵇ ᶜʰᵘᵇ ᶜˡᵘᵇ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

LateToCult
5 minutes ago, mamo said:

Venice. 

that's where the first Joker film had its world premier if I do recall. Also I need another Gaga Venice moment, that was iconic. 

 

Just now, RAMROD said:

The first ine premiered at Venice, where it won the golden lion, they could repeat that move again.

I want a Venice premiere so bad because I think it’s become the most important of the major 5 festivals. Scared that if it doesn’t win the golden lion again it’ll get torpedoed by the trades and labeled “not as good.” Guess big rewards come with big risks? :emma:

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I want a Venice premiere so bad because I think it’s become the most important of the major 5 festivals. Scared that if it doesn’t win the golden lion again it’ll get torpedoed by the trades and labeled “not as good.” Guess big rewards come with big risks? :emma:

I think you're overthinking! The fact it's a sequel already gives it somewhat of a more difficult chance but all Joker 2 really needs is positive reviews about the film itself and the performances which I'm sure will happen. A Star Is Born didn't win the golden lion however it did pretty good nominations wise during awards season and a lot of people to this day still think it was snubbed and should have won Best Picture over Greenbook in 2019. 

I truly believe this will be another bookmark moment in Gaga's career thus far! I have a lot of faith in this project. 

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneaky Oliver

I can feel this premiere-red-carpet-looks run will be even more iconic than ASIB and HOG

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they will follow the same schedule as Joker so I think Venice. It has just the right timing for the october release date :tony:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Future Lovers
10 hours ago, LateToCult said:

 

I want a Venice premiere so bad because I think it’s become the most important of the major 5 festivals. Scared that if it doesn’t win the golden lion again it’ll get torpedoed by the trades and labeled “not as good.” Guess big rewards come with big risks? :emma:

Honestly I think this film is going to have an uphill battle with the trades no matter what. 

Despite an excellent festival showing, the original film became such a polarizing piece that I’d be very shocked to see it’s sequel openly embraced without resistance. Add in the musical element as well as the question of whether or not a sequel was wholly necessary and you’re left with the reality that unless the film is undeniably excellent, it’s going to take a beating from the trades and critics alike. 

That won’t necessarily put an audience off—the heavily mixed reviews of Joker didn’t stop it from becoming a $1 billion film—but it’s possible the first film’s legacy will.

Through no fault of the film itself, it’s kinda become a lightning rod for the incel white supremacist crowd and that’s gonna work against FaD in the trades too.

It’s going to live and die by actually being good, it’s not gonna be able to coast on being a sequel to a massive film with an IP. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reality
1 hour ago, Future Lovers said:

Honestly I think this film is going to have an uphill battle with the trades no matter what. 

Despite an excellent festival showing, the original film became such a polarizing piece that I’d be very shocked to see it’s sequel openly embraced without resistance. Add in the musical element as well as the question of whether or not a sequel was wholly necessary and you’re left with the reality that unless the film is undeniably excellent, it’s going to take a beating from the trades and critics alike. 

That won’t necessarily put an audience off—the heavily mixed reviews of Joker didn’t stop it from becoming a $1 billion film—but it’s possible the first film’s legacy will.

Through no fault of the film itself, it’s kinda become a lightning rod for the incel white supremacist crowd and that’s gonna work against FaD in the trades too.

It’s going to live and die by actually being good, it’s not gonna be able to coast on being a sequel to a massive film with an IP. 

I think it'll do well, but I don't know if it'll do as well as the first movie. From a financial standpoint, I don't see this one making $1b. I think that in a largely post-pandemic world, it's difficult for movies to get $1b, especially in such a heavily saturated comic book movie space. Critically speaking, it could go either way. In my opinion, this film is high risk/high reward. Like you said, this film is fighting an uphill battle, so frankly, it has to work even harder to prove the naysayers wrong. 

I think it's going to be difficult for lightning to strike twice, but it can be done. If anything, I think the film's greatest strength IS the fact that it's so different. Some people may question why a sequel needed to be made, why they'd cast Lady Gaga, or why it's a musical, but in a world where many comic book films have become formulaic and predictable, I think having this sort of experimentation is necessary and exciting for a lot of people. I can see a lot of people going to this movie just for the sheer curiosity of it all. 

🖤👹🖤👹🖤👹
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the film is almost wrapped up if they are starting to release promo material.

Could definitely be ready for Cannes. Gaga always dreamed of Cannes and was personally invited by the director of the festival during an interview in France on C a vous (C2C promo) and she said: I'll come, with a movie.

It is the most prestigious film festival in the world and we all know how Gaga is now involved that acting career. That would be a great achievement just to be part of a movie in the festival selection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...