music news

Taylor Swift's 'The Eras Tour' expected to become highest-grossing tour of all time

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour is poised to become the highest-grossing global tour of all time, according to Billboard’s estimates.

While no official numbers have been reported yet, Swift’s tour should pass current record-holder Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour with more than $900 million in ticket sales so far.

Representatives for The Eras Tour have not yet reported official revenue or attendance figures to Billboard Boxscore or any other trade journal or news entity, but the enormity of The Eras Tour is impossible to ignore, with a total that amounts to a staggering average of nearly $14 million per show. It is not uncommon for artists to not report — or to wait until the end of a tour, which is still more than a year away in Swift’s case. 

https://www.billboard.com/pro/taylor-swift-eras-tour-top-grossing-global-tour/

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 10
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

Seeing the gross for dates like SoFi are going to be crazy :nooo: she is coming for 1.5B, maybe even 2B if she extends her last NA leg again.

• Like 4

Tinnitus15

Deadline reported 850 million from 60 shows. She has 151 shows so if that’s true, she’s aiming for 1.7 billion or even more 

Edited by Tinnitus15
  • Like 2

tyler k
3 minutes ago, Versace said:

Wait I thought she was a bad performer? Lol guess the haters can’t use that one anymore. 

performance skill =/= ticket sales 

it's Taylor Swift. of course she was going to sell out this whole run like cmon... she's the #1 most streamed artist in the world (on Spotify)

Edited by tmo13
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 4

ALGAYDO

Crazy how out of the thousands of insanely gifted performers out there, it’s Taylor fuucking Swift breaking these touring records lol 

• Thanks 1

Versace
3 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

performance skill =/= ticket sales 

it's Taylor Swift. of course she was going to sell out this whole run like cmon... she's the #1 most streamed artist in the world (on Spotify)

See, I don’t fully agree on that. If you we’re a mediocre performer you would not be on the verge of having the best grossing tour of all time. This level of demand is not only coming from her fandom but also the general public, hence the public thinks she puts on a good show. 

• Like 6

Roughhouse Dandy
1 hour ago, Versace said:

See, I don’t fully agree on that. If you we’re a mediocre performer you would not be on the verge of having the best grossing tour of all time. This level of demand is not only coming from her fandom but also the general public, hence the public thinks she puts on a good show. 

Friends is arguably the most successful sitcom of all time and it's a less well-written knock-off of Living Single. There are artists living on the street that make art that should be in museums. Talent has nothing to do with success. 

Not necessarily calling her mediocre but mediocrity can and will thrive. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1