💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Scream 7 gets rewriting sessions. Neve Campbell and Patrick Dempsey eyed to return

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

The franchise is dead regardless imho. Not many people who supporting recent cause will get over what they did to Barrera

Honestly most people watching movies don't even follow what happens backstage online and in the news. 

I remember the big boycott campaigning after Neve was dropped because she asked too much, most people were saying Scream is over. And Scream 6 did even bigger that the last ones with Neve Campbell :enigma:

Jenna leaving will be much a bigger issue imo. But I'm sure they'll book another big actress in the cast anyway

• Like 1

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Honestly most people watching movies don't even follow what happens backstage online and in the news. 

I remember the big boycott campaigning after Neve was dropped because she asked too much, most people were saying Scream is over. And Scream 6 did even bigger that the last ones with Neve Campbell :enigma:

Jenna leaving will be much a bigger issue imo. But I'm sure they'll book another big actress in the cast anyway

This is bigger and more political than that imho, I mean the Palestine and Israhell thing. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

Natalia Kills
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

The franchise is dead regardless imho. Not many people who supporting recent cause will get over what they did to Barrera

I don’t know. I personally am too fatigued to consider the Israel/Palestine stuff. It’s crass I know but I watch horror films for escapism so this doesn’t change much for me, especially since it’ll be released not until next year at the earliest. I suspect people will have moved on to another issue by then. It’s happened to Ukraine.

If this was Neve or Courtney, it would severely hit the franchise, but Barrera and her role didn’t carry as much weight in the series. Don’t think it was right to fire her for airing an opinion but I don’t think it’s a series killer.

• Thanks 1

Idk what it was about Melissa Barrera's character but she always rubbed me the wrong way. Couldn't shake the "This is an actor trying to act" whenever she was on screen during Scream 5/6. I thought she was much better in In the Heights (only other thing I've seen her in).

She's 100% in the right here and got ****ed over by the studio but I'm kinda glad for the franchise's sake, I never felt like she was as good a fit as Jenna Ortega was (which is the real loss here imo)

Argentum

Ugh the situation is a mess. Hate that my favorite franchise is flopping so hard with the decision-making.

The Melissa situation is so messed up -- they need to pull it together and apologize.

Also, uhm they really need to do some rewrites cause they were obviously building this trilogy on [my fan theory spoilers]

Spoiler

mirroring the first one.

Killer in both first trilogy movies was the love interest of the protagonist

Kille in both second films was a family member of the first movie killer

and they are obviously building up/ teasing to the last one to have a half-sibling being a killer similar to Scream 3...

Dunno how this is gonna work without the sisters being in it...

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

Future Lovers

We will not be watching. People can stretch all they like about why Melissa isn’t coming back by Spyglass themselves confirmed why she was fired—because of her pro-palestine stance. 

Anyone with a soul won’t support this film unless another company is making it, and that’s exactly what a huge majority of Scream’s dedicated fanbase has announced their intention to do. 

If Spyglass was smart, they’d let the rights lapse or sell it off before they lose a ton of money. 

• Like 1

dubstep111

This honestly couldn’t get any better for me because I miss Sydney and she hasn’t had a major role in Scream since Scream 4 I think.

• Like 1

monketsharona

People are here for Ghostface killing people in a slasher. Most people who are going fo those movies don't actually care that much about the cast.

A movie without Neve Campbell doing strong numbers is just the proof. They could go with a all new fresh cast it'll work as long as they go with some great promo and book another big name actress. But I'm sure they'll play the legacy card on this one with Neve Campbell, Patrick Dempsey, Hayden Panettiere and Courteney Cox.