💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY | artRATE: the ARTPOP rate

Cruelty

Featured Posts

KubaM316
1 minute ago, ImMatt said:

Mary Jane Holland being so low is a travesty. I might do a Kanye at this ceremony...

beyonce win GIF

[insert whatever wins] I'm not happy for you and I won't let you finish...

• LMAO 1

Juanlittlem
1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

not me thinking you were talking about big muscled guys… I- 

Same, I read big masc and I was like ok tell me more :hor:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 4

27monster27
1 minute ago, Cruelty said:

Before we go any further, it’s time for a little surprise…

A few months ago when I was working on this rate, I decided to get in contact with some of the figures involved in making ARTPOP, to see if they had any treasured memories to share from the making of the album. To my surprise & delight, I got a reply!

So here is ARTPOP producer Madeon’s exclusive message for Gagadaily!

Madeon1.png

Madeon2.png

Thank you for this! I love seeing insights into album production like these.

he/him/his
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Poltergeist
2 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Ty it's very overrated :grr:

I never got the appeal, I just peeked at the tracklist and I like 10 songs more than DWUW :nails:

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

A few months ago when I was working on this rate, I decided to get in contact with some of the figures involved in making ARTPOP, to see if they had any treasured memories to share from the making of the album. To my surprise & delight, I got a reply!

Madeon1.png

Madeon2.png

This is AMAZING :heart:

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

Madeon1.png

Madeon2.png

Oh that is so sweet :bradley:

plane jane

I love how people who worked on ARTPOP are always so nice to the fans… like you can tell that project is still very personal and important to all of them. 🔵🩷

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Love 7

Ophelia
3 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

Madeon1.png

Madeon2.png

This is amazing! :pawsup:  thank you @Cruelty for making this lil Ball so special 

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 3

Cruelty

05GUY.gif

G.U.Y. – average 8.43

The highs: 11 x 9 [ @Sherry @Vertisharr @Riley @n1kos @Levine @Auralegends @dimitristhe @ARTGOD @RudraCNG]

The lows: 2 x 1 [ @ARTPOPe]

3com.png

It’s a power bottom anthem! That’s not just my opinion – let’s turn to the words of The Lady Gaga herself, who said “I’m a power-bottom, I like to be underneath… the record’s all about being comfortable being underneath, because you’re strong enough to know that you don’t have to be on top to know you’re worth it”. I’m sure we can all relate. Built on a spiky, yelping synth riff, ‘G.U.Y.’ was produced by Zedd, who remembers Gaga as “for sure the most opinionated musician I’ve ever worked with”. A tale of sexual empowerment, the track was the subject of a sumptuous, lavish video filmed at the Hearst Castle estate, which kickstarted the second half of the ARTPOP era after Gaga spent a few months off recovering from… well, the pressures of being Lady Gaga. It’s tightly constructed & packed with hooks, if just a little bit vanilla, & in the final days of voting this underrated gay anthem vaulted into the top 5!

Comments:

Spoiler

@Poltergeist Deserved way more love than it got. The synths in the beginning and vocals in the bridge are everything. Also, the music video is one of my favorites in Gaga's videography!

@Werewolves Wanted Such a sexy song, the bridge is incredible.

@27monster27 A very intense and very Lady Gaga song. The triple entendre of bottoming, feminism, and not needing to always be the most successful popstar are all very empowering. This combined with the usage of orchestral elements makes for an amazing and diverse song.

@allanrocks One of my favourite songs. One of her best videos. So underrated.

@Julien Lockhart That intro ? She was crazy

@Head Empty From the bridge onward it's stunning, but the rest is a little too generic and clunky for my taste. 

@JazzGa Great witty lyrics, amazing over the top underrated music video. What a fashion feast that was! The Zedd production is a little overwrought IMO

@Gangie It’s a BOP!

@huttont Ironically, it deserved to top the charts.

@TwistedTeeth Possibly one of the most whimsical songs from 2013. The Greek mythology, the sexual innuendos all tying in with Zedd's heavy EDM sound. G.U.Y is executed perfectly and every listen feels like I'm being transported to rave on Mount Olympus to have an orgy with Eros and Apollos.

@whoresup I think this is slightly overrated in the fanbase, I don’t think it is particularly original and just very Zedd 2013 EDM with any artist doing it. This wasn’t the right choice of single to turn the album campaign around. 

@Tobcho sleek, sexy, a grower. Gets the job done. Disliked in 2013 - it came across as basic, to Britney somehow. And does the chorus even have a melody? However, 10 years down the line, it has become a fave. 

@ARTGOD This is pop perfection. I didn’t love this song at first but through the years it’s only grown on me. The lyrics are so fun, the production is so thick and aggressive, and the melodies are otherworldly.

@Ophelia So loud and so goooood. The wordplay is weird and very ARTPOP, but I think we all got used to it.

fe9ea1b6f2000948_GUY17.gif

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 3
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

heygurlhi

I wish gaga had same dedication to her projects as Melanie has maybe its a diffrent age and diffrent time but yeah 

Ignore me i drink