Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana didn't know she had to submit her work to the Grammys

alsemanche

Featured Posts

Oriane

It's not the artist's job to submit anyway, the label takes care of that. I don't know whether you're all serious when you're saying that it explains her absence in the nominees :air:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 4

JazzGa

That's impossible, she has been nominated several times so she and her manager/agent/etc obvi know the process. Another silly Lana fib like "o sorry im late my hair just takes so long to do" :lolga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

StrawberryBlond

Title made me laugh, not gonna lie. The "it all makes sense" phrase couldn't be more apt! Though I still don't think they would have nominated her. But this could just be Lana's humour. At the same time, maybe she didn't realise she could have more agency to put in her own ideas along with her label for submission. I'm sure the label has the final say but surely the artist must have input if they created the work? I'm not surprised that some people aren't aware of this, I didn't know for years. I thought the members put forward their favourites of the year and the most popular choices become the nominees but the other way round obviously makes more sense. Thing is, Lana's close to The Weeknd who famously publicly stated a few years ago that he had no plans to submit any of his work for Grammys after they snubbed his After Hours era. So, how did this rule pass her by?

• Like 1