💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Taylor have any hits in 2016-2021?

qoqo

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Future Lovers said:

Well considering it’s at over 1 billion streams, as is Blank Space, it appears that yes they do. 

1 billion is not a modern iconic hit though. As it was, Shallow, Blinding lights are all in the 3 billion range 

• LMAO 2

Gagaism
2 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

1 billion is not a modern iconic hit though. As it was, Shallow, Blinding lights are all in the 3 billion range 

With her is different, she has made more than 20 billion streams on Spotify alone only this year which is pretty hard for any other singer out there. Her entire catalogue is very loved by her fans so the streams are very well distributed between all of her songs. Nobody else is doing it like her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

With her is different, she has made more than 20 billion streams on Spotify alone only this year which is pretty hard for any other singer out there. Her entire catalogue is very loved by her fans so the streams are very well distributed between all of her songs. Nobody else is doing it like her. 

Oh I 100% agree with that. She’s the biggest star in the world by a large margin. My point was more about her catalog of singles are lacking any big moments in pop culture. I feel even anti hero which was a huge hit has kinda been forgotten 

Edited by Glojuice
  • Like 1

Gagaism
7 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

Oh I 100% agree with that. She’s the biggest star in the world by a large margin. My point was more about her catalog of singles are lacking any big moments in pop culture. I feel even anti hero which was a huge hit has kinda been forgotten 

I see what you mean. I’d consider Shake It Off and Blank Space her iconic signature hits from her pop eras for sure

crazygato

That song with Zayn was all over radio in 2016 but was rather forgettable. Then she came back with LWYMMD and that was HUGE...but only for a moment. It didnt have the longevity of any 1989 singles. Then she released RFI and End Game but those were rather minor. She came back with Delicate which was EVERYWHERE for 2 years. Me! was also pretty big on radio but idk how popular. Willow was popular too. Then she's popular again with Anti Hero and Cruel Summer. So:

LWYMMD

Delicate 

Cruel Summer 

Anti Hero 

Me! 

IDWTLF

Willow 

Pretty good actually.  These seem like her "biggest" hits since 1989. 

HookerOnAChurch

Look What You Made Me Do / Delicate / I Don't Wanna Live Forever (with Zayn) and Cardigan? 

I feel like people aren't mentioning Lover as a single. Having worked in hospitality & also worked in a supermarket. That song is my 13th reason why 

Juanlittlem
2 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

LWYMMD, had its moment from 'the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now, why? oh, cause she's dead'

All Too Well (10 minute version) in 2021 was also pretty massive, probably the closest thing she had to a big cultural moment around a song since LWYMMD. 

Other than that I do get what you mean, she didn't have a truely inescapable song, she really tried with ME! or You Need to Calm Down but those were not well received. Cardigan & Willow truely just ran off her own star power and the allure of a surprise drop from Taylor but were moderately successful. There was a string of tiktok trends; wildest dreams, don't blame me, enchanted, which ended up going not really anywhere mainstream wise. August I think has potential to be a seasonal hit as it has grown every year since release, but only time will tell. 

However in saying that I wouldn't say during this period she particularly needed a hit, Cruel Summer in 2019 could have been great for her or it could have just made people sick of her again, I think the lack of a beloved hit off Lover in some cases worked in her favour in the long run allowing her to have a bit more breathing room and reorient herself and her music. 2020 certainly didn't need a hit song either, folklore and evermore were such cultural moments without a big song attached, people tuned in and took what they liked. 2021 was the start of the Taylor's Version albums, Fearless seemed to very much be a test run, with very little promo behind it but once she saw how popular it was she really ran with it, giving Red & All Too Well (both the 10 minute version & short film) their time in the sun. Then obviously Midnights with Anti-Hero were 2022 endured in 2023, and Cruel Summer has FINALLY risen. 

I love the way you speak 'cause you sound reasonable.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Love 2

dimitristhe

Taylor is the biggest artist right now because she has the biggest and most supportive fan base since Michael Jackson. Also, her fan base is constantly evolving and expanding. For a non-fan her last huge hit was Look What You Make Me Do. Lover, Folkore and Evermore didn’t manage to produce a big hit for her, even though the albums are selling like hot pies. Midnights is a controversial topic, I still can’t figure out if Anti Hero is a big hit or a fan made hit. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright
  • Love 1

thisboyisamonster

She does have a iconic hits such as Love story/I knew you were trouble/shake it off etc that are instantly recognisable like Bad romance/poker face/just dance.

Agreed they are more vanilla than the more signature sounds of Gaga/Rihanna/Beyonce etc but they are iconic and I think it's just a little misguided to deny it she doesn't have big hits under her belt...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glojuice said:

Like think about it, every new year people play Rihanna, Gaga, Miley, Beyonce, the Weeknd and Bieber hits but does anyone really play shake it off.

“Shake it Off” is one of the biggest pop songs of this century, it receives over 1 million daily streams nearly a decade later, more than any song by Gaga or Rihanna or Beyonce

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Glojuice said:

There are only 3 songs in history with 3 billion streams…

Also “Shake It Off” has more streams on YouTube than “As It Was,” “Shallow” and “Blinding Lights” combined.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Admin said:

“Shake it Off” is one of the biggest pop songs of this century, it receives over 1 million daily streams nearly a decade later, more than any song by Gaga or Rihanna or Beyonce

I have to laugh at this rather than debate. Shake it off is NOT the biggest pop song of this century. That’s getting into comedy territory. Blinding lights and As it was are bigger. YouTube can be faulty gauge due to bought views, the algorithm etc. Spotify is a better gauge. 

Edited by Glojuice

2 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

I have to laugh this rather than debate. 

That’s because you can’t debate the fact that “Shake It Off” receives more daily streams than any Rihanna or Beyonce or Gaga song, and has 3 billion views on YouTube (which is also more than any Rihanna or Beyonce or Gaga video).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3