movie

Final Girls, Who Is Better and Why?

Space Cowboy

Who Is The Better Final Girl?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Better Final Girl?

Featured Posts

bionic

hmm i prefer the halloween films so i vote laurie, but i do think as a 'final girl' sidney is more of a natural survivor

buy bionic

Space Cowboy
8 minutes ago, bionic said:

hmm i prefer the halloween films so i vote laurie, but i do think as a 'final girl' sidney is more of a natural survivor

Taken from Reddit:

"I'll be honest, one thing that used to leave me a bit frustrated about Sidney is that I didn't really know who Sidney is outside of her being a survivor. But then i realized, thats who she is. A survivor. A warrior.There is a lot of mystery to her because she processes her trauma off screen and comes back a new version of herself. Laurie strode in my opinion is a victim and goes through an arway of emotions all of the time (also battles addiction, killed an innocent man, lashed out on family) and does all of her processing on screen. 

The difference: Sidney is a survivor who refuses to be a victim and Laurie is a victim who survives. 

While I never see Sidney really processing her stuff, I know it happens as evidenced by her coming back and kicking even more ass. Or wearing Derricks necklace, or hanging up on the killer... all of that comes from healing. 

I've always been torn because to me Laurie gives me more in terms of who she is and what's happening to her internally, but Sidney is so damn strong, smart and resilient, she continues to impress me. 

Sidney as a final girl."

• Like 4
  • Love 3

The only movie I watched from both franchises is Halloween Kills. It was the second date with my ex and I hated every single part that I watched in between making out with him. Laurie annoyed the **** out of me. So none. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

Space Cowboy
5 minutes ago, Red said:

The only movie I watched from both franchises is Halloween Kills. It was the second date with my ex and I hated every single part that I watched in between making out with him. Laurie annoyed the **** out of me. So none. 

Oh gurl you have to be a bit more in the know of horror to fully grasp this question then, sorry you feel so passionate about her. Imo HK is not the best representation of Laurie Strode as a character, and even then that movie is a second part film in a full reboot trilogy, you wouldn't understand who she is and what she's done for the genre of horror by that film alone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

tomsches

I guess Sidney because at least there’s only one version of her. The Halloween movies have like 3 alternative timelines. 

TimotheeChalamet
10 minutes ago, tomsches said:

I guess Sidney because at least there’s only one version of her. The Halloween movies have like 3 alternative timelines. 

Exactly what I was about to comment. They gave too many versions of Laurie, and she dies twice in the franchise 

Meredith Grey

In most horror movies the Final Girl is replaceable and the Killer is unstoppable. But it’s the opposite in Scream bc she survives every film and Ghostface is the replaceable one. Wes Craven said Sydney will never be killed and she will never be Ghostface and Neve honors that to this day. So I’m going with Sydney because she was created to represent the ultimate Final Girl. She is more purposeful while Laurie more just happens to be a Final Girl.

• YAAAS 4

Space Cowboy
31 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Thats a great point, and Laurie does also ultimately die twice in the franchise even though, one of the times her character wasn't even portrayed by JLC. You could argue that and also argue that Laurie is the OG final girl, every female in horror 80% of the time was modeled after her in slasher horror.

• YAAAS 1

BlingNotTheMusic
54 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Thats a great point, and Laurie does also ultimately die twice in the franchise even though, one of the times her character wasn't even portrayed by JLC. You could argue that and also argue that Laurie is the OG final girl, every female in horror 80% of the time was modeled after her in slasher horror.

It's been said twice and I still don't remember. Can you tell me when Laurie died? I'm a huge horror fan and have watched the films since I was a kid, but I never remember her dying. 

• Like 1

Space Cowboy
36 minutes ago, Meredith Grey said:

In most horror movies the Final Girl is replaceable and the Killer is unstoppable. But it’s the opposite in Scream bc she survives every film and Ghostface is the replaceable one. Wes Craven said Sydney will never be killed and she will never be Ghostface and Neve honors that to this day. So I’m going with Sydney because she was created to represent the ultimate Final Girl. She is more purposeful while Laurie more just happens to be a Final Girl.

Great point, one that could say Sidney is the ultimate FG, Neve has protected Sidney as a character perfectly for all these years and I don't think she's finished with the franchise.

We should ask the killer themself how they feel no, oh mr @Ghost Face ??

• YAAAS 1

Space Cowboy
14 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

It's been said twice and I still don't remember. Can you tell me when Laurie died? I'm a huge horror fan and have watched the films since I was a kid, but I never remember her dying. 

Hidden for Spoilers

Spoiler

In Halloween: The Curse of Micheal Myers an actress meant to be Laurie Strode not portrayed by JLC is killed in the opening act and then in Halloween: Resurrection, Laurie attempts to kill Michael after trapping him on the roof of a mental hospital but Micheal is able to grab her, stab her and Laurie then falls to her death from the roof. Both of these entries in the franchise are not too well received by fans or critics.

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Ghost Face
37 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Great point, one that could say Sidney is the ultimate FG, Neve has protected Sidney as a character perfectly for all these years and I don't think she's finished with the franchise.

We should ask the killer themself how they feel no, oh mr @Ghost Face ??

I would kill Laurie in one sec when she's in my way. Sidney on the otherhand.. 

I vote for Sidney, can't get that b♡tch on my knife. For real, she's THE final girl. For now.

Scared Movie GIF

It's an honor.
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 3

dubstep111

I feel like it’s literally impossible to dislike Sydney for any reason and she’s in and or mentioned in every Scream film. And personally, I think Neve Campbell is like the prettiest creature on earth.

Edited by dubstep111
  • Love 1