Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

3 Of 4 BLACKPINK Members Reportedly Not Renewing Contract With YG Entertainment

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa are in a “last-minute” discussion with YG Entertainment to continue as members of BLACKPINK even though they may be moving to different agencies, a local Korean media reported on 21 September.

The report by Sports Seoul indicates that the three members are not renewing their contract with YG Entertainment following months of speculation over an extension.

The report added that Rosé is the only member who has agreed to remain with the label which launched BLACKPINK in 2016 and has since been managing the group.

According to Koreaboo, YG Entertainment reacted to the report saying in a statement that the members are still negotiating.

https://www.lifestyleasia.com/hk/whats-on/news-whats-on/jennie-jisoo-lisa-yg-entertainment-contract-as-blackpink/amp/

Hope we hear definite news soon :diane:

If this indeed true, best of luck to all members. They know what's best for them :applause:

Spoiler

Also, Gaga curse at work again??  :bradley:  :franminervini:  :iamfair:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 4

Tyler1992

It would be weird if one stayed and the rest left, no? 

Whateber happens, I hope their new contract allows them more R&R- those girls are put through the wringer!

In the last few years in the kpop industry, there's been multiple times where individual members of groups left the parent company but still participated in the group.

For example the group Mamamoo (extremely talented, highly recommend), two members Wheein and Hwasa left the group's company, but the group itself is not disbanded.  Group releases slowed down to account for solo releases and sub groups, but they'll come back together for a full group release occasionally.

But of course, who knows if that will be the case here.

The members of Blackpink are famous enough to have very successful solo careers as they've already shown with some solo releases, and YG has underutilized them for years. Fans joke that the members are "stuck in the YG basement" because they get to release so little content. Wouldn't be too surprising if they wanted more freedom to release what they want instead of having to sit around doing nothing.

Monstermilo

im sorry i am a BP stan. BP is at the height of their stardom, they broke the record for highest grossing female group tour of all time, beating the spice girls, they constantly break records and have headlinesd coachella, and have so many fans across the world. it seems a little premature for them to say **** it to the formula thats worked so well for them in the last 7 years when they are literally dominating the korean and western markets...... 

i feel like if even one member is gone or if something throws off the balance even a little bit, they would flop..... what they have going is so perfect right now............ i really hope they stick together and figure out a way to continue how they are now.

• Like 1

Monstermilo

i love all 4 members but they would legit flop as solo artists. none of them are really standalone artists and their relevance would fade.

i mean i cant believe lisa turned for 30+ million dollars.... with that money you and your fam are legit set for decades and u can turn it into even more money 

Monstermilo
45 minutes ago, jsn said:

In the last few years in the kpop industry, there's been multiple times where individual members of groups left the parent company but still participated in the group.

For example the group Mamamoo (extremely talented, highly recommend), two members Wheein and Hwasa left the group's company, but the group itself is not disbanded.  Group releases slowed down to account for solo releases and sub groups, but they'll come back together for a full group release occasionally.

But of course, who knows if that will be the case here.

The members of Blackpink are famous enough to have very successful solo careers as they've already shown with some solo releases, and YG has underutilized them for years. Fans joke that the members are "stuck in the YG basement" because they get to release so little content. Wouldn't be too surprising if they wanted more freedom to release what they want instead of having to sit around doing nothing.

i saw somewhere that jennie jisoo and lisa are looking to sign with other labels but stay part of BP for 6/12 months out of the year. 

PopEmergency
2 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

It would be weird if one stayed and the rest left, no?

Isn't that exactly what happened to 2NE1, though? 

And then they f'd over CL by letting her do almost nothing

• Like 2

Monstermilo
4 minutes ago, PopEmergency said:

thats what im afraid is gonna happen here 

their star power is at its peak rn 

i feel like theyre gonna flop and eventually disband in the near future. sorry but i would exploit the good thing they have right now until im so rich i dont have to work hard for the rest of my life

Edited by Monstermilo

59 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

i love all 4 members but they would legit flop as solo artists. none of them are really standalone artists and their relevance would fade.

i mean i cant believe lisa turned for 30+ million dollars.... with that money you and your fam are legit set for decades and u can turn it into even more money 

I agree, I think only Lisa has the appeal and stardom to go fully solo but they would all benefit from being in BP while also releasing solo material. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PopEmergency said:

2NE1 was so iconic and YG allegedly sabotaged CL’s global career by not letting her release “all in” and her version of “Let me love you” by Justin Bieber. YG stays playing.

Monstermilo
8 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Is Lisa about to have her Beyoncé moment? 

girl lisa is nowhere as talented as beyonce 

i love lisa but her strength lies in her dancing - shes not the best rapper in the group, jennie is, shes not the best singer. beyonce was the best dancer and singer in destinys child - she had everything

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The report by Sports Seoul

Why is a sports publication posting k-pop girlies gossip? :air:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

50 minutes ago, Red said:

Why is a sports publication posting k-pop girlies gossip? :air:

It's common in Asia. So don't  take the name on face value. Media that focuses on one certain topic are rare. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1