đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey forgives us

Teletubby

Featured Posts

That other quote about viral makes me think otherwise and reeks of resentment tho

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

alsemanche
26 minutes ago, Red said:

That other quote about viral makes me think otherwise and reeks of resentment tho

well the actual quote has "(Laughing.)" before the last line, clearly indicating that it was more of a joke than a serious statement 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

well the actual quote has "(Laughing.)" before the last line, clearly indicating that it was more of a joke than a serious statement 

Every joke hides a truth :green:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 2

Ultimecia
28 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

But have we forgiven her for her performance on SNL? :oprah:

Which performance is that? I'm curious.

I don't watch her live performances because she clearly is not a great performer.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • LMAO 1

Lana Del Rey Forgives Us (The Culture) - And Critics Finally Caught Up With The Pop Star (But She's Looking Ahead)

Confirmed as the next album title and single :party:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • YAAAS 3

Lana is my favorite singer of all time. 

That said, a couple things about her “career narrative”/this story that really I disagree with:

1. The narrative that critics hated her until NFR (2019). Yes, many critics were confused by Born to Die and didn’t like it, but Pitchfork rated Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and Lust For Life a 7.1, 7.5 and 7.7, respectively. All are really good scores! This proves that critics praised her work as early as 2014. To me, this narrative is a huge exaggeration.

2. The narrative that NFR “captured the American spirit/national mood” during Covid/Trump/BLM/insert-any-crisis-here. Now, this is my favorite album of all time. However, I think that writers and critics took ONE SONG (The Greatest) and defined her whole album by it. Yes, that particular song is about menaces to our modern day world (global warming, technology) and fallen heroes (Kanye). However, the rest of the album is not about those topics at all. A lot of the album focuses on love, emotion, finding strength, personal tragedies, Lana’s personal diary coming to life, mental health, the dream of California, and mainly just capturing a poetic state of being. The album really really really isn’t about the fall of a nation.

• Like 2
  • Love 1