game

Baldur's Gate 3

Pennywise

Featured Posts

Agunimon
Just now, Pennywise said:

gurl which difficulty did you choose, how did you even manage this :air: 

It won the Game of the Year award at The Game Awards btw :vegas:

I don't know!!! :((( I don't know what is going on. I went with the default option at the beginning. 

I got to a door and met a girl, then went through a ship and stuck my hand in a portal and out came a wizard and then I met a goblin or something, walked to a door and tried to get inside but rolled too low and the guy said that he would kill us and shot down some thing hanging over a hole and that fight in there is what killed me each time I tried. :traumatica:

23 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

People have been telling me to play it, and I finally have the means to since I finally got a PC that is strong enough for gaming. So I got this game and gave it a go.... I have no idea how people find this fun. Pretty much every roll I make does not meet the minimum and I have died as a party twice now to the same fight. :traumatica:

I will give it another chance, but this isn't a game I find at all enjoyable playing by myself.

honestly just put it at the lowest difficulty. the best part of the game is the story and how your choices and affect almost everything.

I don’t wanna spoil anything but my character is literally a messy wh*re :ororomunroe:

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Obobo said:

I don’t wanna spoil anything but my character is literally a messy wh*re :ororomunroe:

same like I've been riding the cock carousel :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • LMAO 1

Agunimon
2 minutes ago, Obobo said:

honestly just put it at the lowest difficulty. the best part of the game is the story and how your choices and affect almost everything.

ok so follow up question - how do I do that? I got mad and said "I'm over this" so I deleted my file which is fine since I was so early into it. But when I make a new game how do I do that?

Agunimon

I started a campaign with a friend who felt the same way. We've been playing for about 4 hours.... I am not sure if I will keep going. :traumatica:

jensentyy
8 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I don't know!!! :((( I don't know what is going on. I went with the default option at the beginning. 

I got to a door and met a girl, then went through a ship and stuck my hand in a portal and out came a wizard and then I met a goblin or something, walked to a door and tried to get inside but rolled too low and the guy said that he would kill us and shot down some thing hanging over a hole and that fight in there is what killed me each time I tried. :traumatica:

Reading from all your posts, it seems like you’re extremely unfamiliar with the mechanics of the game. Which is normal, but make sure to read the tutorials. (I find the concept of attack rolls and saving throws to be confusing at the start as I didn’t come from a dnd background) 

I would not recommend having that fight by jumping into the hole at all. But, it is quite easy if you know what to do. Have a character launch a fireball (or throw alchemist fire or a candle even) to the flame barrel right outside the door where the fight starts. That should trivialise the fight. 

At the start of the game, have 4 members in your party as quick as possible. Easiest is having Shadowheart, Gale (the one you pulled out), and a certain pale companion (not far from where you fought the 3 brain things).

If you’re playing with a friend, or by yourself, I would recommend having the face character (the one doing the talking) be a charisma main. That would make conversations less stressful. So class wise, that would be Paladin/Sorceror/Warlock/Bard.

Make sure to have charisma at 16/17 for that character. (And when taking feats at level 4 onwards, go for ability improvement). As a general rule, get your class ability to 20 as quick as possible. That affects your damage and also attack role (accuracy).

Great to also have someone in the party that could cast guidance at all times. Shadowheart for example. And make sure to select it during dice rolls! 

It’s a phenomenal game, so I’d suggest sticking to it and learn as much as you can. But at the end of the day, if it’s not for you, don’t force it. :kara:

• Like 1

Agunimon
7 hours ago, jensentyy said:

Reading from all your posts, it seems like you’re extremely unfamiliar with the mechanics of the game. Which is normal, but make sure to read the tutorials. (I find the concept of attack rolls and saving throws to be confusing at the start as I didn’t come from a dnd background) 

I would not recommend having that fight by jumping into the hole at all. But, it is quite easy if you know what to do. Have a character launch a fireball (or throw alchemist fire or a candle even) to the flame barrel right outside the door where the fight starts. That should trivialise the fight. 

At the start of the game, have 4 members in your party as quick as possible. Easiest is having Shadowheart, Gale (the one you pulled out), and a certain pale companion (not far from where you fought the 3 brain things).

If you’re playing with a friend, or by yourself, I would recommend having the face character (the one doing the talking) be a charisma main. That would make conversations less stressful. So class wise, that would be Paladin/Sorceror/Warlock/Bard.

Make sure to have charisma at 16/17 for that character. (And when taking feats at level 4 onwards, go for ability improvement). As a general rule, get your class ability to 20 as quick as possible. That affects your damage and also attack role (accuracy).

Great to also have someone in the party that could cast guidance at all times. Shadowheart for example. And make sure to select it during dice rolls! 

It’s a phenomenal game, so I’d suggest sticking to it and learn as much as you can. But at the end of the day, if it’s not for you, don’t force it. :kara:

Yes! That is right, this is so true of me!

This is the first time I ever played a game like this and in other games I played, I always had a huge dislike of rng, so rolling in general has been a very aggravating thing for me since I tend to almost always roll too low. I love Fire Emblem, so in my head I am trying to tie this game to Fire Emblem since it is kind of the same in some regards.

My first attempt I was a ranger playing by myself. This time I am a paladin playing with a friend. I'm controlling him and I am controlling Shadowheart. I am finding more enjoyment from the gameplay this time since I find it easier to be with someone else.

I do feel like there could be a little more hand holding and guidance, especially for people like me who don't know what is going on. Like we were in a fight with a group of people and it seemed like they could endlessly use their abilities while most of my abilities, including my heals, were on cooldown until a rest?

I am trying to like the game and there are parts I find super cool.

Edited by Agunimon

16 hours ago, Agunimon said:

ok so follow up question - how do I do that? I got mad and said "I'm over this" so I deleted my file which is fine since I was so early into it. But when I make a new game how do I do that?

Before you start a new game there is an option to change difficulty before you create a character but if you're already in a game just press 'esc' on your keyboard.