Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

What do you think now about Ocean Blvd. & Endless Summer Vacation

Blackout19

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

Ocean blvd is pure art! I silenced the interludes on my Spotify and thoroughly enjoy the rest of the album :vegas: 

endless summer is meh. I like a few tracks but I liked the plastic hearts sound best 

King of the Fall

Ocean blvd is an amazing album and deserves the critical aclaim is has received. ESV is a mess and a massive downgrade from Plastic Hearts. It has a rare gem here and there like River.

LaFama

Looove Ocean Blvd. it has some of her best songs ever, and every listen it keeps getting better. Some parts of it are really emotional. 

On the negative side I'd say that while I realy like Kintsugi and Fingertips that's when the  album kinda felt flat for me, but it picks up with Paris, Texas. I don't hate the interludes, but if they were around 1:30 they'd be better, there was no need for them to be that long, that's why I loose interest around the middle of the album :sweat:. And I wish that Father John Misty was more present on Let The Light In, hoping for a (more FJM version) lol. 

I only listened ESV when it came out and that was enough. I had high expectations since I liked Flowers and was really into the visuals for the era, but it felt very flat and uninspired as a whole. I don't think it will ever grow on me. 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

I love Ocean Blvd, it’s officially my third favorite Lana album after NFR and Ultraviolence. It’s my most listened to album this year as well. Apple Music said I had played it for the 500th time the other day :laughga:

I really tried to get into ESV, but sadly nothing stuck for me. I listened to it a few times the release week, but it’s just not what I want from Miley. I’m happy for her success though, I’m just more a Plastic Hearts fan. That was one of my top 5 listened to albums the year it came out. 

JesseBabe

Is it bad that I don't really care for either :franminervini:? Tbh I haven't been able to get into Lana's music in a long time and the only song I vibed with was Peppers. I guess I liked Miley's more overall, but I haven't gone back and listened to any of the songs I liked since its release. 

Way0ut
17 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Ocean Blvd. is my favorite Lana album and it's exactly what I wanted her to release. Her evolution has been insane and this album is just proof of how much of an amazing artist and poet she is. 

ESV... I head it once and never went back to it. Almost none of the songs stuck, it was very boring and unimpressive. She pretty much took the Harry Styles route but made it slightly better but not good enough for it to be interesting. Very disappointing for Miley and for a Plastic Hearts follow-up. 

100% my thoughts on both albums

Tyler1992

Both albums are growers and are definitely more exciting after more than one listen.

Violet Chemistry is my favourite song off ESV

Taco Truck x VB is one of Lana’s best songs EVER.

emili0

Ocean Boulevard and it’s not even close. Lana is continuing to peak 9 albums into her career - how she continues to dig deeper into her skill as a lyricist is beyond me. Not to mention the melodies and vocal performances on it are just as strong. It feels like the most fluid piece from her, whereas my other favorites (NFR and Ultraviolence) tend to stay more structured.

Tied with Desire, I Want to Turn Into You for AOTY on my end. 

Archived