💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Dutch
Just now, SwissMonster said:

please same, maybe her pre party performances were intentionally bad cause this is a 180 degree shift ksjssk

Pls, you will almost think this is true.

SwissMonster
12 minutes ago, Dutch said:

14:10: Rehearsal 5: 🇨🇿 Czechia – Aiko – Pedestal

Time for our first pop/rock anthem of the season, with Czechia’s Aiko singing her high energy belter Pedestal. Aiko was born in Russia, raised in Czechia, and now splits her time between London and Prague.

We are very excited to tell you that we have been given STAGING NOTES by the Czechia team, which has literally never happened before (note to other delegations: yes please). They tell us that Aiko’s staging concept represents the five stages of grief during a breakup – Aiko is accompanied on stage by four female dancers, each representing Denial, Anger, Bargaining and Depression. Aiko herself represents the fifth and final stage – Acceptance.

The costumes are black bodystockings with mesh sections and lots of sparkle, and Aiko’s dancers have sparkly mesh face coverings. Aiko has a similar top section but with wide-legged trousers.

Also the CUBES are fully deployed in this performance – starting just a few feet above the performers’ heads, creating a more enclosed, domestic-feel environment that gets bigger and less confined as the cubes lift. Lots of black and red strobe lighting, and a really nice moment towards the end when Aiko’s dancers lift her above their heads. Aikonic, as we believe the kids are saying these days.

🔥🔥🔥🔥 PYRO UPDATE! Czechia have brought some relationship breakup flame jets that heat up the arena for the the entire first verse and the bridge into the second chorus, then return for a big finish. Definitely adds to the drama and storytelling.

rehearsals-day-3-live-blog-v0-c79kbmw38f

GMVakt8XQAAAbSG?format=jpg&name=large

Also this looked sooo good. This semi being the ultimate slayage already. Sorry Semi 1 you LOST

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Juanlittlem

So happy Semi 2 is the best one, Im dying to see it :excited2:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Dutch

This semi is already so much better tho.

Dutch

Too many girl bops tho. Some won’t make it.

Juanlittlem
13 minutes ago, Dutch said:

15:40 CEST: Rehearsal 7: 🇩🇰 Denmark – Saba – Sand

Saba from Denmark is up next, rehearsing her song Sand. This power ballad builds from the soft, low-key start to the huge crescendo finish, and the staging does the same - using lighting and glittery graphics to add layer upon layer until Saba’s vocals fill the whole arena.

It’s very similar to the staging we saw at Denmark’s national final, Melodi Grand Prix, just on a bigger and more epic Malmö scale. Saba is wearing a white pant suit - if it's not the same she wore at MGP, it's very similar. The pockets are filled with sand, and she scatters it as part of really beautiful armography routine that mirrors a projected version of Saba on the LED wall behind her. Really simple, but all the more impactful for it.

Lots of floor smoke in the final run-through, which gives the whole performance even more drama. 

rehearsals-day-3-live-blog-v0-t53t3wosgf

GMVuZ_GXQAAtkLy?format=jpg&name=large

I hate her 'cause she rehearsed her song like 7 times on Barcelona's preparty and we were TIRED OF IT.

• LMAO 1

Juanlittlem
Just now, Dutch said:

Too many girl bops tho. Some won’t make it.

Austria over Malta for now. We'll see Georgia but I feel only Austria will make it.

Dutch
1 minute ago, Juanlittlem said:

I hate her 'cause she rehearsed her song like 7 times on Barcelona's preparty and we were TIRED OF IT.

Not my sand queen. 

Dutch
1 minute ago, Juanlittlem said:

Austria over Malta for now. We'll see Georgia but I feel only Austria will make it.

Yeah. Same. I also think Czechia won’t make it tbh. Both the song and the performance are good but not good enough ish. 

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

Pleaseksjssj also saw this. If they can hold onto that Plattform like this I would be happy, cause oh gurl :messga:

• LMAO 1

SwissMonster
Just now, Dutch said:

Yeah. Same. I also think Czechia won’t make it tbh. Both the song and the performance are good but not good enough ish. 

Czechia gives me the vibes of a song that will flop but then become a huge radio hit. Its very 2023/2024

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Get ready because tomorrow we will have Latvia, San Marino, Georgia, Belgium, Estonia, Israel, Norway and Netherlands.

Only songs that probably won’t copy their national final performance since they didn’t have one are Belgium, Israel, Georgia and NL. Where the staging for Belgium is already showcased on tv. Israel will probably come through and the hot mess NL will give is something to look forward to and meltdown over. 

Edited by Dutch

Juanlittlem
5 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Not my sand queen. 

She might qualify but I hate her song already

• LMAO 1

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic