series

RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars (season 8) - [starts may 12]

bionic

Featured Posts

AURAOFSHEISSE
19 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Kahana Montrese

Nothing abt her said STAR in her season tbh 

A nose job usually doesn’t make a boring queen any more talented but ig we willl see

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”
  • Like 1

bionic
3 minutes ago, AURAOFSHEISSE said:

A nose job usually doesn’t make a boring queen any more talented but ig we willl see

she's been a fixture on the drag race las vegas show since it started but i agree

buy bionic
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
12 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

We went from All Winners to All Losers quite quickly :cryga:

They are not the queens I expected to be on All Stars, especially coming after the All Winners season. Except for Kandy I guess

I expected to see like Gigi Goode, Crystal Methyd, Denali, Jackie Coxx, Utica, Plastique Tiara, Olivia Luxx… perhaps they will be there for All Stars 9!

Apparently if you feel this way, you're not a real fan of drag or something lmao

• Like 2

Flippy
44 minutes ago, AURAOFSHEISSE said:

People grow though! I agree that we didn’t see much of what makes her a star, but I’m sure there’s something! We’ll have to wait for the season to see if she’s grown! 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Whigney Houstan
On 4/15/2023 at 7:20 PM, alsemanche said:

Y'all will quite literally never be happy with an All Stars cast anymore even if they bring back the entirety of AS2 :rip: 

Okay, but that's because every single one of those queens could actually be considered an allstar.  That's why it's highly regarded as being THE best season of any DR series.  They all performed incredibly on their respective seasons and deserved another shot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

InTraumatica
On 4/21/2023 at 7:08 PM, Stephen said:

Ru is notoriously anti-PC and I suspect that she loves how subversive Jimbo's drag is. You can see it in the way certain people online are writing think pieces and discourse over Jimbo's entrance look and what is considered "acceptable drag" or not. But drag isn't meant to be acceptable, like Sasha Colby said it was made to be unseen because we weren't accepted. It's a fringe art form that sometimes is very anti-PC, even gross, raunchy or offensive. That's always been an aspect of drag and Jimbo isn't afraid to lean into that. 

The fact she's the only international queen speaks volumes. I think she's winning. 

jimbo-canadasdragrace.gif

What is anti-PC?

• Like 1

alsemanche
On 4/21/2023 at 8:08 PM, Stephen said:

Ru is notoriously anti-PC and I suspect that she loves how subversive Jimbo's drag is. You can see it in the way certain people online are writing think pieces and discourse over Jimbo's entrance look and what is considered "acceptable drag" or not. But drag isn't meant to be acceptable, like Sasha Colby said it was made to be unseen because we weren't accepted. It's a fringe art form that sometimes is very anti-PC, even gross, raunchy or offensive. That's always been an aspect of drag and Jimbo isn't afraid to lean into that. 

The fact she's the only international queen speaks volumes. I think she's winning. 

jimbo-canadasdragrace.gif

I still cant believe there is actual outrage online about Jimbo's entrance look. Like... have these people ever seen drag before? Do they know what drag is? Because there is no way someone who's actually interested in drag (and drag race) would find that offensive :rip:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Ziggy
3 hours ago, alsemanche said:

I still cant believe there is actual outrage online about Jimbo's entrance look. Like... have these people ever seen drag before? Do they know what drag is? Because there is no way someone who's actually interested in drag (and drag race) would find that offensive :rip:

Of the jimbo looks one would find offensive…I’m not seeing this one being it but the internet continues to surprise :laughga:

• Like 2

AnglerfishbraBENUS
4 hours ago, alsemanche said:

there are a LOT of people that see drag as ‘mocking women’ and this specifically is Jimbo ‘mocking a woman’s body’ 

I understand but they are also full of crap 

• Like 2

I like how they give the queens who never got much air time in their seasons another chance, that’s what’s good about All Stars 

Ultimecia

I don't get all the Kandy Muse hate at all, honestly. :fthis:

Was I frustrated like everyone else when she got saved out of nowhere by Ru? Sure, but where is all that hatred coming from?

I love her fashion, and I think she's really funny, sweet and badass.

I really hope this season will flip the fanbase's opinion of her like AS6 did for Silky. :heart:

Edited by Ultimecia
Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

r4therupbeat
On 4/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, weed said:

If/when Gigi gets on All Stars, I hope she f*cking wins

im sure she will and I am also sure they will cast el debarge and daya Betty and Jorgeous in that same season hopefully AS9 and AS10 to be an all winners season again

• YAAAS 1