💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TWICE’s Chaeyoung apologizes after posting photo wearing a shirt with a swastika

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Benji
On 3/22/2023 at 4:50 AM, Lona Delery said:

lmfao all the white ignorance and superiority complex in this thread :toofunny: 

Nope, this is not one of those times you can say this.

If you don’t know about possibly the most horrific event in recent history and the symbol the group used whilst carrying it out… that’s YOUR ignorance.

If you don’t know about what happened, you should shut up and go look it up rather than spout this sort of sh*t.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roronoa
15 hours ago, Meat said:

The Japanese were literally allies with Nazis. This is taught in every school in Asia. The paragraph you wrote made absolutely no sense. Sure, she should be given a chance to learn and grow but don’t post senseless stuff like this please.

I’m East Asian. I lived in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan, before eventually moving to Europe, where I properly studied true Nazism. Back then, it simply wasn’t the topic of focus during our history lessons, it was more along the lines of “mentioned a few times”. I find it interesting how these countries choose to approach history and how they choose pass on knowledge to their youth. 

Look at the previous comments of other East Asians, they had similar experiences I did. I am 100% serious here. You’re Indian so your curriculum is probably different. 

The schools didn’t want to touch the topic, why do you think that is? My guess is because their ancestors were too busy being murdered by their neighbors (which is mostly what we studied). European countries are doing a fine job of preserving their history but you don’t get a say in how other countries choose to preserve and teach theirs. 

If South Korea didn’t pass on what happened in their country to their children, who’s going to do it? France? Poland? They choose to talk about their history with Japan rather than Germany because it affected them more, in spite of the fact that those 2 were allies. You want them to focus on Germany instead? Go bring it up with the government. While you’re doing that, South Korean grandmas are still protesting to this day over what they went through to ensure it never happens again. That’s what they want their kids to know. That’s what’s important to them. More so than the genocide on the other side. Call it willful ignorance if it pleases you.

Honestly, I find all of this quite interesting. I remember being so shocked when I studied European history, but before that, it wasn’t my fault (or my peers’) I didn’t know better, our history is more Japanese-focused. Nazis murdering Jews didn’t shape our country, Japanese murdering us did. 

Imagine trying to force every country in the world to cry about Nazi Germany, hello, we have genocides on the other side too? What is this superiority complex? The Rwanda genocide was quite recent, oh.. but nobody cares about it either. We only care if it’s white, right? :iamfair:

Edit: not trying encourage hatred of white people, but remember other races exist too. Our history matters to us, we have to be the ones to pass it on to the next generation, because you’re not going to. 

Benji
5 hours ago, Cauliflower said:

We only care if it’s white, right? :iamfair:

Edit: not trying encourage hatred of white people, but remember other races exist too. Our history matters to us, we have to be the ones to pass it on to the next generation, because you’re not going to. 

Again - quit sniping with this white rhetoric?  The Nazi’s targeted ethnic minorities, religious minorities and the LGBT+.  They sterilised many people who weren’t white or straight Europeans.

Playing this down as some silly white on white war makes you look so stupid.

Going to quote what I said above to another uneducated person posting here.  “If you don’t know about what happened, you should shut up and go look it up rather than spout this sort of sh*t.”

Roronoa
54 minutes ago, Benji said:

Again - quit sniping with this white rhetoric?  The Nazi’s targeted ethnic minorities, religious minorities and the LGBT+.  They sterilised many people who weren’t white or straight Europeans.

Playing this down as some silly white on white war makes you look so stupid.

Going to quote what I said above to another uneducated person posting here.  “If you don’t know about what happened, you should shut up and go look it up rather than spout this sort of sh*t.”

Racist and xenophobic. But most of us already knew that. I will continue to stand up for my own race. :vegas: You can’t silence us anymore. People like you are the reason why ethnic minorities remain oppressed to this day; you only want to tell your side of the story. I’m just thankful I’ve met a lot of kind white people as well. To anyone who is willing to listen to our side of things: thank you! We are not trying to erase history. We want to learn and better ourselves. Chaeyoung deserves criticism and thank you for letting her learn from it. 

BornAsUnic0rn
On 3/21/2023 at 6:34 PM, Debithius said:

So I guess Asians with their ancient traditions should conform to our western POV instead educating ourselves? Okey.

Asian artists who want to break into the western market and have a western audience maybe should.

Also it was „Sex Pistols“ merch, and they WANTED to be controversial with it. So maybe if you want to play with the punk aesthetic and wear western band merch, you maybe should know about these bands. Because if not you are insincere and hopping onto trends and you will run into missteps like that. And then there was the Qanon shirt, too. 

If you wear controversial things and things you don‘t know much about you should be ready for controversy and think about it, at best educate yourself on other cultures. And if you want to play with western culture in your style, you maybe, just maybe, should know about western culture. 

Benji
1 hour ago, Cauliflower said:

Racist and xenophobic. But most of us already knew that. I will continue to stand up for my own race. :vegas: You can’t silence us anymore. People like you are the reason why ethnic minorities remain oppressed to this day; you only want to tell your side of the story. I’m just thankful I’ve met a lot of kind white people as well. To anyone who is willing to listen to our side of things: thank you! We are not trying to erase history. We want to learn and better ourselves. Chaeyoung deserves criticism and thank you for letting her learn from it. 

Standing up for your “own race” by completely ignoring and downplaying the genocide and sterilisation of other races… that sounds a lot more racist than I think you realise.

Roronoa
1 minute ago, Benji said:

Standing up for your “own race” by completely ignoring and downplaying the genocide and sterilisation of other races… that sounds a lot more racist than I think you realise.

No one is “completely ignoring” a genocide. People prioritize their own hardships, that is all, because no one else is going to do it for them. Look in the mirror when you ask people to acknowledge Nazi Germany. Who’s going to cry for the South Koreans? Murder did not only occur on one side of the globe. It’s called a World War. The world is not Europe+America. People’s lives were ruined on the other side too. The history of the Nazi will never be forgotten, but we want to ensure ours isn’t either. 

Benji
Just now, Cauliflower said:

No one is “completely ignoring” a genocide. People prioritize their own hardships, that is all, because no one else is going to do it for them. Look in the mirror when you ask people to acknowledge Nazi Germany. Who’s going to cry for the South Koreans? Murder did not only occur on one side of the globe. It’s called a World War. The world is not Europe+America. People’s lives were ruined on the other side too. The history of the Nazi will never be forgotten, but we want to ensure ours isn’t either. 

“We only care if it’s white, right?”

Roronoa
27 minutes ago, Benji said:

“We only care if it’s white, right?”

Honestly, I’m just so thankful there are white people out there who can see the is another side to this, and that you’re not the only ones who matter in this world. Lots of love from us. :kiss:

(and just to repeat, Chaeyoung does deserve criticism)

Chromatography
17 minutes ago, Cauliflower said:

Honestly, I’m just so thankful there are white people out there who can see the is another side to this, and that you’re not the only ones who matter in this world. Lots of love from us. :kiss:

(and just to repeat, Chaeyoung does deserve criticism)

i recognize what you’re saying that other countries are taught more of a different perspective because those wars affected you (or more aptly, your ancestors) differently. but at the same time we’re just pointing out that it is a head scratcher to not know the symbol of a regime that killed 6 million jewish people and other millions of POWs and what they labeled as “undesirable”. 

Roronoa
17 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i recognize what you’re saying that other countries are taught more of a different perspective because those wars affected you (or more aptly, your ancestors) differently. but at the same time we’re just pointing out that it is a head scratcher to not know the symbol of a regime that killed 6 million jewish people and other millions of POWs and what they labeled as “undesirable”. 

You guys don’t know the horrible things that happened to us either. When my grandparents talked about how they watched the Japanese threw infants in the air and skewered them for fun.. I got tears in my eyes. Historians choose to write only certain things and leave out others. I think it’s fair for each country to focus on their own history. We can teach each other as we move forward together. 

Chromatography
4 minutes ago, Cauliflower said:

You guys don’t know the horrible things that happened to us either. When my grandparents talked about how they watched the Japanese threw infants in the air and skewered them for fun.. I got tears in my eyes. Historians choose to write only certain things and leave out others. I think it’s fair for each country to focus on their own history. We can teach each other as we move forward together. 

i mean i do, because i did learn it during my schooling. granted, it wasn’t as much as a focus as the holocaust but i did learn it 

Benji
8 minutes ago, Cauliflower said:

Here’s the thing, I don’t know enough about the history you’re speaking of to comment on it, so I haven’t.  That’s why I find it so offensive you’ve come in here with an attitude that completely dismisses the history of Europe.  White people weren’t the only ones killed by the Nazis, they killed and sterilised many black people, Asians (they proactively closed down Chinese communities in Europe and sent them to the camps), Romani people etc etc.

Your comment about white people was offensive because you’re playing down just what the Nazis did to every community and race.

Roronoa
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Here’s the thing, I don’t know enough about the history you’re speaking of to comment on it, so I haven’t.  That’s why I find it so offensive you’ve come in here with an attitude that completely dismisses the history of Europe.  White people weren’t the only ones killed by the Nazis, they killed and sterilised many black people, Asians (they proactively closed down Chinese communities in Europe and sent them to the camps), Romani people etc etc.

Your comment about white people was offensive because you’re playing down just what the Nazis did to every community and race.

Dismissing European history is not okay. I just wanted to clarify that we’ve been dismissing Asian history. Asian kids are not taught European history (because we got important issues too) so they need to be educated, that is all. 

BBhomemaker
2 hours ago, Benji said:

Yep, many others groups have been affected but barely mentioned at school. Not many people know the Basques People or even just Euskadi. Yet one of the most famous paint from Picasso represent the horror that happened at Gernika, after the Nazis destroyed it. Again a community, a culture and a country, that Franco and the Nazis wanted to see disappear. My people haven't forget. 

Archived