💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TWICE’s Chaeyoung apologizes after posting photo wearing a shirt with a swastika

Teletubby

Featured Posts

moonsago
5 minutes ago, Benji said:

It’s very hard to believe someone isn’t dressing her in these things though?  I could understand this recent one, I get how the symbol used to mean something else but no one is picking out a Q-Anon shirt randomly and thinking it’s fashionable.  It’s two very weird choices that makes me think they’re looking for some attention.  Her team, stylist or whoever is picking out these weird and offensive choices :laughga:

Still being used, not used to. You will find the symbol in a lot of places still in east asian countries. Also, kpop is NOT about controversy, idols lose their careers over fan created rumores if they blow up on social media, you are DONE, I know because I am a kpop fan and I’ve seen that happen to them. There’s NOTHING that the stylist or the team have to win using this, trust. Again, not everybody on this globe is going to know the west’s history. Like please people, use some common sense and stop demonizing everyone. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
3 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Still being used, not used to. You will find the symbol in a lot of places still in east asian countries. Also, kpop is NOT about controversy, idols lose their careers over fan created rumores if they blow up on social media, you are DONE, I know because I am a kpop fan and I’ve seen that happen to them. There’s NOTHING that the stylist or the team have to win using this, trust. Again, not everybody on this globe is going to know the west’s history. Like please people, use some common sense and stop demonizing everyone. 

If this is such a big issue for them, maybe they need a quality checker then?  Having two major mishaps like this close together means something is going wrong.

moonsago
14 minutes ago, Benji said:

If this is such a big issue for them, maybe they need a quality checker then?  Having two major mishaps like this close together means something is going wrong.

Ow I definitely agree that those huge agencies need to hire somebody that checks for stuff like this because this is not the first time in kpop when something that would be considered wrong in the west happens. I think that kpop is so newly opened to the western world, that they are still learning about it. I mean it’s only been a few years since the boom. But they absolutely need to start being more responsible and take in account western politics too if they want to go global. I just wish people would take in account different possibilities rather than just jump and accuse each other of vile things immediately. This as a general idea, not just related to kpop. 

ALGAYDO

Someone fire her dumb ass stylist and PLEASE tell her to read up on Western culture if she’s trying to establish herself in western society :rip: I feel so bad for her, so probably just thought it was a cute tee, probably didn’t notice the swastika either (or is ignorant about what it means outside of her culture) 

StarstruckIllusion
10 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Someone fire her dumb ass stylist and PLEASE tell her to read up on Western culture if she’s trying to establish herself in western society :rip: I feel so bad for her, so probably just thought it was a cute tee, probably didn’t notice the swastika either (or is ignorant about what it means outside of her culture) 

I get that they have their own culture…. but if they’re gonna emulate so much of western culture… how tf do they miss the evil meaning of the swastika ☠️☠️

Shes 5 fits away from wearing a Blue Lives Matter shirt 😭

+ a stylist should know what symbols and icons mean. They had one job. They need to be replaced…

My Name Isnt Alice

She apologized already, which brings relevant implications 
- She didn't want this to happen after being cognizant
- She wouldn't do it again

Although she could've been prudent, still, she apologized. I don't think this matter deserves any more wrangling. I do understand the disappointment of some because of her celebrity status.

But certainly, we cannot assume what she does or doesn't know even if its well-known by the general public. There's no contradiction if, in fact, she doesn't know what swastika means.

Roughhouse Dandy

Mmmmm once is one thing but having it happen to the same woman again? Something isn't adding up. It's starting to feel like strategy. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Lona Delery

lmfao all the white ignorance and superiority complex in this thread :toofunny: 

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

14 hours ago, AURAOFSHEISSE said:

This is one of the stupidest posts I’ve read on this site lmao girl be for real everyone in the world knows what a swastika is and exactly what it entails

You're so stuck in your own western world that you go delusional lol, you just reek of xenophobia. Maybe you don't visit Asian countries much but I can assure you most people here only see swastika as a buddhist / religious symbol here rather than a nazism symbol.

Because she would knowingly ruin her own career knowing what the swastika mean right? Be ****ing for real.

ALGAYDO
51 minutes ago, dnzr said:

You're so stuck in your own western world that you go delusional lol, you just reek of xenophobia. Maybe you don't visit Asian countries much but I can assure you most people here only see swastika as a buddhist / religious symbol here rather than a nazism symbol.

Because she would knowingly ruin her own career knowing what the swastika mean right? Be ****ing for real.

Are Asian societies not taught about the Holocaust? Genuinely asking 

Roronoa
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

We are, it’s just not the main focus because the Japanese were raping women and stabbing our babies. World War, not European+American war. There were atrocities committed on the other side of the world too. 

Roronoa

Westerners uneducated about things in the East and Easterners uneducated about things in the West. You see why cancelling people doesn’t help anybody? You want to be so righteous you’re starting another war. This is what’s wrong with the internet. 

1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

I am from malaysia, we were not taught about the Holocaust, instead we were taught about the occupation of japan in asian countries. 

But then again, Malaysia is deeply antisemitic because it is a muslim country. The conflict between Palestine and Israel probably caused the holocaust to be written off our education curriculum, which is very unfortunate.

Archived