💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Barbie Movie Test Screening Got Positive Reviews By Attendees

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Greta Gerwig’s “Barbie” had a test-screening last night m, (Feb 9th 223), in New Jersey. Overall reaction is said to be very good. The audience was really into it, clapping and cheering throughout.

Here are a few sampled reactions:

I saw Barbie. Loved it. Gonna be a massive movie. Fiercely feminist and volcanically hysterical. So flashy and bright. Will win Oscars for Costume and Design, they’re delicious. It deconstructs the feminist iconography of Barbie and recontextualizes her for a new generation. Creates strong commentary and juxtaposition. Since this is Gerwig, there’s a big heart at the center. Margot plays Barbie with a Valley accent, interest and agency, as she questions her position in Barbieland and clashes with Ken about patriarchy. Gosling is outstanding as Ken, perhaps his best performance. He’s a huge scene stealer and gets to sing and dance. He will probably get Oscar nominated. Will Ferrell hasn’t been this funny in years, he plays a shallow and performative CEO of Mattel. Other standouts include Rhea Pearlman and Michael Cera.

Another one again highlights Gosling’s Ken:

I went and attended. Don’t use my name, please. I liked it a lot. It’s one of the best studio films in years and easily best studio comedy in even longer. An absolute delight that will be an obsessive favorite. Greta elevated her game. Visually, it’s iconic. The costumes pop off the screen and the sets appropriately feel toy-esque and animated. Every performance is on the same wavelength and delivers on the camp. Gosling is MVP and has never been better. His performance will be memed to death. Despite the overall spiky and over the top comedy (there’s even a chase scene!), it remains surprisingly emotional and playfully and blissfully political without being heavy-handed. It moves quickly but nails it’s narrative beats. America Ferrara’s monologue about double standards women face earned applause. It’ll be PG-13, there’s sexual jokes and swearing.

The fact that they are testing this movie so early — it has a summer release date — means Warner Bros probably wants to know what the hell they have here. It seems like they have a winner. Critics will probably be positive on it.

David Sazlav must be biting his nails when it comes to this one. It’s going head to head against “Oppenheimer” this summer. Who wins?

More on source (be forewarned that the article might contain spoiler!)

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/c0mkptl7t9ft1t2c6ychjxwixkzfo4

barbie-hair-flip.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

I saw Barbie. Loved it. Gonna be a massive movie. Fiercely feminist and volcanically hysterical. So flashy and bright. Will win Oscars for Costume and Design, they’re delicious. It deconstructs the feminist iconography of Barbie and recontextualizes her for a new generation. Creates strong commentary and juxtaposition. Since this is Gerwig, there’s a big heart at the center. Margot plays Barbie with a Valley accent, interest and agency, as she questions her position in Barbieland and clashes with Ken about patriarchy. Gosling is outstanding as Ken, perhaps his best performance. He’s a huge scene stealer and gets to sing and dance. He will probably get Oscar nominated. Will Ferrell hasn’t been this funny in years, he plays a shallow and performative CEO of Mattel. Other standouts include Rhea Pearlman and Michael Cera.

This sounds like ChatGPT wrote it :air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD
Just now, River said:

barbie-shocked.gif

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

was it a bunch of 12 year olds that screened it lol 

No cos you need ID to get invitations 

57 minutes ago, River said:

No fr like what audience reaction is saying “volcanically hysterical?” :ladyhaha:

this article is funny af bc they’re like “they’re testing it so early!!” No they’re not…ASIB starting testing a year prior to release (I know, I was there lmao). THAT is early. This is a test to see what they should tweak about a film they’re confident about.

Which one of you bottoms said this:

“Will win Oscars for Costume and Design, they’re delicious“ 

We love an exaggerated ghey :ladyhaha:

Hottie Detector

My Name Isnt Alice
3 hours ago, River said:

The segregating style and fragments are killing me :cryga:

3 hours ago, Dojo said:

after the major flop that Babylon was, i hope this truly lives to the expectations since i love Margot :franminervini:

Ok …. Rate that movie from trash to 10. Was is that abysmal? 👀

9 minutes ago, outlander said:

Ok …. Rate that movie from trash to 10. Was is that abysmal? 👀

omg i loved it, for me it was an 11 but the critics and the GP were not very kind and it flopped in the box office as well

Archived