💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Netflix Unveils How Anti Password Sharing Works

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

The Netflix Help Center now has a page outlining how your account should be shared, and how it shouldn’t. Check below for all the details you’ll need regarding sharing a password on Netflix.

F35-CF714-66-EC-41-EF-ABD7-0734451432-E8

- Who Can Use a Netflix Account Now?

Netflix accounts are still shareable, but only within one household. To ensure that your devices are associated with your primary location, Netflix is now asking users to connect to the Wi-Fi at your primary location, open the Netflix app or website, and watch something at least once every 31 days.

- Can You Still Share Netflix With Someone Who Doesn’t Live With You?

No, accounts are only meant to be used within one household. Netflix will prompt users who try to sign into your account elsewhere to sign up for their own account instead and block their access until they do. 

Netflix will NOT begin automatically charging account holders whose information is used outside of their homes.

- Can You Still Use Netflix While Traveling?

Signing into Netflix outside of your home may lead to the device in use being blocked from Netflix. This could prevent you from signing into new devices while traveling, but Netflix has devised a workaround.

Traveling users who want to use Netflix on a hotel smart TV, company laptop, etc. can request a temporary code from the service when signing in. This will give them access to their account for seven consecutive days.

- How Can You Prevent Netflix from Blocking Your Devices?

Signing into home Wi-Fi at least once every 31 days on your devices will make them “trusted devices,” which Netflix will remember and leave unblocked.

If your device has been blocked incorrectly, you’ll need to contact Netflix in order to get it unblocked.

- How Will Netflix Know if You’re Not in Your Home/Primary Location?

Netflix uses information such as IP addresses, device IDs, and account activity to determine whether a device signed into your account is connected at your primary location.

If your device is being used outside your home by someone you haven’t authorized, you can sign into your account and sign out on all other devices, then change your password.

https://thestreamable.com/news/confirmed-netflix-unveils-first-details-of-new-anti-password-sharing-measures

https://help.netflix.com/en/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
berlinforme

Now I need to request a code to watch something on vacation, great. Minor inconvenience, but still bothersome. I hate multi step verification processes. 

this is a whole new level of control wtf

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SharGaga

Myflixer and bflix coming to the rescue I fear. I use someone's account that lives halfway around the world:messga:

Flippy

Byeeeee :saladga:

I guess I am cancelling after all 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Helxig
51 minutes ago, NATAH said:

ridiculous, 123movies i'm coming home

Literally me with PirateBay :laughga:  

There's absolutely NO WAY I'm paying for my own whole account just to watch 5 episodes of a show a month

All the casual TV viewers are going to be LEAVING. Netflix is now only worth it for the hardcore streamers/bingers

I'm OUT

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

Me breaking up with Netflix and going back to PirateBay, 123movies and Popcorn Time (if it still exists...)

We reached the moon with access to streaming and now it's over

These kinda things never keep in account families who’re split living overseas. My parents in Cachapoal get warnings from Netflix when my sis n I log in in brussels 💀. my older sis logs in from Sydney . it’s an instant-connection planet we live in, Netflix of all should get that 

alsemanche
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

No, accounts are only meant to be used within one household.

that's literally the opposite of what Netflix is all about :ladyhaha:

1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

- Can You Still Use Netflix While Traveling?

Signing into Netflix outside of your home may lead to the device in use being blocked from Netflix. This could prevent you from signing into new devices while traveling, but Netflix has devised a workaround.

Traveling users who want to use Netflix on a hotel smart TV, company laptop, etc. can request a temporary code from the service when signing in. This will give them access to their account for seven consecutive days.

also what is this bullshit? do they release how much they're limiting their services and pushing their customer base away? 

anw, back to torrenting everything again lol. I share a family account with my brother in france, my sister in my country but in a whole other region of it, and some friends who live in different parts of the country and we're gonna unsubscribe when this is implemented. It's not like there's much to watch there anw at this point.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Helxig
4 minutes ago, Neroneau said:

These kinda things never keep in account families who’re split living overseas. My parents in Cachapoal get warnings from Netflix when my sis n I log in in brussels 💀. my older sis logs in from Sydney . it’s an instant-connection planet we live in, Netflix of all should get that 

Also how is it fair if 5 people are rooming/flatting together and split an account just because they live in the same house, but then if someone chooses to live on their own they're punished for it by having to pay full price for a whole account to themselves? Because I choose to be independent (which is more difficult as it is) I have to pay 5x what they would pay?

If they want this to be fair then they should charge per USER. Each user pays $10, up to 6 users. I'd pay my share of an account but not the whole thing on my own

Helxig
6 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

that's literally the opposite of what Netflix is all about :ladyhaha:

also what is this bullshit? do they release how much they're limiting their services and pushing their customer base away? 

anw, back to torrenting everything again lol. I share a family account with my brother in france, my sister in my country but in a whole other region of it, and some friends who live in different parts of the country and we're gonna unsubscribe when this is implemented. It's not like there's much to watch there anw at this point.

Also UM WTF??? People watch Netflix on their bus/train commute to work. My clients watch their shows on my work's internet while their hair processes. People watch Netflix while waiting for appointments and using local WIFI. How the HELL is this going to work?? Now you can only watch it at home? Then what the hell is the point in having the app?

And if they determine 'trusted' devices by them logging into the approved wifi once a month and then they can use the app... then what's to stop me from going to my friend's house once a month to connect to their 'approved' wifi and then chromecasting it from my app all month?

Extremely flawed system

alsemanche
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

Also UM WTF??? People watch Netflix on their bus/train commute to work. My clients watch their shows on my work's internet while their hair processes. People watch Netflix while waiting for appointments and using local WIFI. How the HELL is this going to work?? Now you can only watch it at home? Then what the hell is the point in having the app?

literally. that's a huge part of why people even have the service. the whole point is binging shit as you go with your day, not to sit in front of your TV and watch stuff like other streaming services. idk what their end goal is but they're alienating a HUGE part of their users. 

3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

And if they determine 'trusted' devices by them logging into the approved wifi once a month and then they can use the app... then what's to stop me from going to my friend's house once a month to connect to their 'approved' wifi and then chromecasting it from my app all month?

yeah that's also a good point. could it be that they randomly ask for a  login once a month and you wouldn't see it coming or something? idk

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived